Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 1179

post #11781 of 16068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink3Slyde View Post

Pretty much what I've done except I used a couple small strips of this as well :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Velcro-VEL-EC60214-20mm-Brand-Stick/dp/B0013DO888/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415118168&sr=8-1&keywords=velcro+tape

1001 uses around the home tongue.gif

nice wink.gif. I plan on making a back plate where the gap is ont he back and mounting the HDD vertically. I've seen pictures of a very similar setup but im not sure where I saw them or I would link them.
The Path
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 MSI H81M-P33 GTX465 8GB Mushkin Blackline Enhanced 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Blue Drive 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 10 Technical Preview x64 AOC 2219S-1 22" lcd monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech wireless keyboard EVGA 750g Fractal Define R4 Windowed Edition Logitech wireless mouse 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artscow custom large mousepad with Evangelion g... Logitech speakers x3 Fractal Design Silent Series R2 140mm fans 
  hide details  
Reply
The Path
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 MSI H81M-P33 GTX465 8GB Mushkin Blackline Enhanced 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Blue Drive 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 10 Technical Preview x64 AOC 2219S-1 22" lcd monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech wireless keyboard EVGA 750g Fractal Define R4 Windowed Edition Logitech wireless mouse 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artscow custom large mousepad with Evangelion g... Logitech speakers x3 Fractal Design Silent Series R2 140mm fans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11782 of 16068
I think I saw that pic somewhere too but I wondered whether it would vibrate on the side panel, haven't tried it though pure laziness on my part smile.gif
post #11783 of 16068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink3Slyde View Post

I think I saw that pic somewhere too but I wondered whether it would vibrate on the side panel, haven't tried it though pure laziness on my part smile.gif

You're not the only one lol. I need to get off my butt and give it a shot.
The Path
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 MSI H81M-P33 GTX465 8GB Mushkin Blackline Enhanced 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Blue Drive 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 10 Technical Preview x64 AOC 2219S-1 22" lcd monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech wireless keyboard EVGA 750g Fractal Define R4 Windowed Edition Logitech wireless mouse 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artscow custom large mousepad with Evangelion g... Logitech speakers x3 Fractal Design Silent Series R2 140mm fans 
  hide details  
Reply
The Path
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 MSI H81M-P33 GTX465 8GB Mushkin Blackline Enhanced 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Blue Drive 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 10 Technical Preview x64 AOC 2219S-1 22" lcd monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech wireless keyboard EVGA 750g Fractal Define R4 Windowed Edition Logitech wireless mouse 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artscow custom large mousepad with Evangelion g... Logitech speakers x3 Fractal Design Silent Series R2 140mm fans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11784 of 16068
Hey everyone,

I just made a thread asking for advice on a case for my future new desktop, but since I'm not getting any answers so far I thought I would ask a more specific question here.

I have been told that the Fractal Design Define R4 is a good case, and I like the photos I've seen of it. My question to you is: would this case be able to contain the following configuration, and keep it cool enough with default fans? I will not overclock or play with any of the components, since I suck at hardware, so I'm only interested in knowing if everything will be stable, solid and not too hot on the long/very long term if I use this case with the two included vents. Here is the config:

Processor : Intel s1150 4 Core - i7 4790K 8Mb Cache / 8 Thread 4.0GHz/4.4Ghz Turbo - Graphics 4600 88W
Cooler : Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 / 135mm Silent Wings
Motherboard : Asrock s1150 - Z97 Professional Fatal1ty ATX - Killer E2200 - HDD Saver - Core3D
Memory : Kingston DDR3 - 2133Mhz - 16GB HyperX Beast CL11 ( 2x8GB ) + Headspread
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Green 3000GB 3.5 inchs Sata3 iPower 64MB Cache
SSD : Crucial m500 480GB - 2.5inch SATA 3 / SATA 6GBps - 500/400 Mb/s
Graphic card : Gigabyte GeForce GTX980 4096Mb DDR5 HDMI / DVI / 3DP
DVD : LG Blu-Ray RW 16x Black SATA
Power supply: Be Quiet 680 Watt - Straight Power E9-CM-680W Modular Cable ** Pro Choice **

(I've been told I should take a different SSD, namely the Crucial SSD MX100 512GB, so I might do that, and I might also switch the HDD to a WD Caviar Black 3TB)

Like I said, none of that will be overclocked.

1) Will the Fractal Design Define R4 be able to keep everything cool enough with default fans? (also, I'm planning on keeping this config for 4-6 years... is the Define R4 a quality, long-lasting build?)
2) If so, will the Fractal Design Define R4 be noisy in keeping everything cool?

Thanks a lot in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated!
post #11785 of 16068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd View Post

Hey everyone,

I just made a thread asking for advice on a case for my future new desktop, but since I'm not getting any answers so far I thought I would ask a more specific question here.

I have been told that the Fractal Design Define R4 is a good case, and I like the photos I've seen of it. My question to you is: would this case be able to contain the following configuration, and keep it cool enough with default fans? I will not overclock or play with any of the components, since I suck at hardware, so I'm only interested in knowing if everything will be stable, solid and not too hot on the long/very long term if I use this case with the two included vents. Here is the config:

Processor : Intel s1150 4 Core - i7 4790K 8Mb Cache / 8 Thread 4.0GHz/4.4Ghz Turbo - Graphics 4600 88W
Cooler : Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 / 135mm Silent Wings
Motherboard : Asrock s1150 - Z97 Professional Fatal1ty ATX - Killer E2200 - HDD Saver - Core3D
Memory : Kingston DDR3 - 2133Mhz - 16GB HyperX Beast CL11 ( 2x8GB ) + Headspread
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Green 3000GB 3.5 inchs Sata3 iPower 64MB Cache
SSD : Crucial m500 480GB - 2.5inch SATA 3 / SATA 6GBps - 500/400 Mb/s
Graphic card : Gigabyte GeForce GTX980 4096Mb DDR5 HDMI / DVI / 3DP
DVD : LG Blu-Ray RW 16x Black SATA
Power supply: Be Quiet 680 Watt - Straight Power E9-CM-680W Modular Cable ** Pro Choice **

(I've been told I should take a different SSD, namely the Crucial SSD MX100 512GB, so I might do that, and I might also switch the HDD to a WD Caviar Black 3TB)

Like I said, none of that will be overclocked.

1) Will the Fractal Design Define R4 be able to keep everything cool enough with default fans? (also, I'm planning on keeping this config for 4-6 years... is the Define R4 a quality, long-lasting build?)
2) If so, will the Fractal Design Define R4 be noisy in keeping everything cool?

Thanks a lot in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated!
Upgrading the fans might be good solution for both cooler and more silent case. At least getting second intake is recommended.

As a R4 owner I have been very Happy, and will replace my i5 with very same 4790k when MSI Krait Edition mobo is out (I'll replace both mobo and cpu at the same time). I look forward running my case cool with 4790k, thanks to three jetflos and macho hr-02 and after adding/upgrading fans you can sleep well with cool and quiet case.
post #11786 of 16068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd View Post

Hey everyone,

I just made a thread asking for advice on a case for my future new desktop, but since I'm not getting any answers so far I thought I would ask a more specific question here.

I have been told that the Fractal Design Define R4 is a good case, and I like the photos I've seen of it. My question to you is: would this case be able to contain the following configuration, and keep it cool enough with default fans? I will not overclock or play with any of the components, since I suck at hardware, so I'm only interested in knowing if everything will be stable, solid and not too hot on the long/very long term if I use this case with the two included vents. Here is the config:

Processor : Intel s1150 4 Core - i7 4790K 8Mb Cache / 8 Thread 4.0GHz/4.4Ghz Turbo - Graphics 4600 88W
Cooler : Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 / 135mm Silent Wings
Motherboard : Asrock s1150 - Z97 Professional Fatal1ty ATX - Killer E2200 - HDD Saver - Core3D
Memory : Kingston DDR3 - 2133Mhz - 16GB HyperX Beast CL11 ( 2x8GB ) + Headspread
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Green 3000GB 3.5 inchs Sata3 iPower 64MB Cache
SSD : Crucial m500 480GB - 2.5inch SATA 3 / SATA 6GBps - 500/400 Mb/s
Graphic card : Gigabyte GeForce GTX980 4096Mb DDR5 HDMI / DVI / 3DP
DVD : LG Blu-Ray RW 16x Black SATA
Power supply: Be Quiet 680 Watt - Straight Power E9-CM-680W Modular Cable ** Pro Choice **

(I've been told I should take a different SSD, namely the Crucial SSD MX100 512GB, so I might do that, and I might also switch the HDD to a WD Caviar Black 3TB)

Like I said, none of that will be overclocked.

1) Will the Fractal Design Define R4 be able to keep everything cool enough with default fans? (also, I'm planning on keeping this config for 4-6 years... is the Define R4 a quality, long-lasting build?
2) If so, will the Fractal Design Define R4 be noisy in keeping everything cool?

Thanks a lot in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated!
You'll be fine. smile.gif Just buy one extra intake fan in front since the case just come with 1 front fan. Anyway, if you're not going to overclock that cpu cooler is way to overkill. You should instead spend the money on buying a better power supply like the EVGA SuperNova G2 750W. It comes also with 10 years warranty so it'll be perfect since you're aiming for long lasting PC. thumb.gif
If it comes to HDD I'd personally go for the blue version because it's more balanced when it comes to performance/sound. If I were you I'd also change the SSD for Samsung EVO 840. Everything else looks and would you ever need some help our guidance feel free to come back. thumb.gif
The Womanizer
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X Corsair Vengance LP 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO Basic 120GB Western Digital Blue 1TB Western Digital Green 4TB Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2311H Corsair Gaming K70 RGB MX Red EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 QPAD 5K Steelseries QcK+ Logitech Z623 
AudioOtherOther
QPAD QH-90 3x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
The Womanizer
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X Corsair Vengance LP 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO Basic 120GB Western Digital Blue 1TB Western Digital Green 4TB Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2311H Corsair Gaming K70 RGB MX Red EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 QPAD 5K Steelseries QcK+ Logitech Z623 
AudioOtherOther
QPAD QH-90 3x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11787 of 16068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezzor View Post

You'll be fine. smile.gif Just buy one extra intake fan in front since the case just come with 1 front fan. Anyway, if you're not going to overclock that cpu cooler is way to overkill. You should instead spend the money on buying a better power supply like the EVGA SuperNova G2 750W. It comes also with 10 years warranty so it'll be perfect since you're aiming for long lasting PC. thumb.gif
If it comes to HDD I'd personally go for the blue version because it's more balanced when it comes to performance/sound. If I were you I'd also change the SSD for Samsung EVO 840. Everything else looks and would you ever need some help our guidance feel free to come back. thumb.gif
I can recommend crucial mx100, I've been pleased with one smile.gif

Also, @Radd, like Wezzor said cpu cooler is a bit overkill. Check Thermalright HR-02. Powerful, quiet because of huge heatsink and only around 45€.
Edited by contay - 11/4/14 at 10:49pm
post #11788 of 16068
@contay & @Wezzor : thanks a LOT for the help guys, it is very much appreciated! I will ask my shop to include one extra intake fan in front, but I'm not sure which type I should ask them to install. Could you help me select in the following list one which should work well in the Fractal Design Define R4?

http://www.microcity.be/webshop/catalogue-7-5-15-microcity-Refroidisseur.html

I suppose it should be a 120mm or 140mm fan, right? Does one of those listed seem fit for the job to you? Once that additional one is installed, there should be no heat issues whatsoever, correct (even if I leave the computer running for 1-2 days?)?

With regards to the power supply, do you not think the 680W one will be enough? Or is it simply unreliable?

Finally, with regards to the HDD, the shop unfortunately does not sell WD Cavier Blue HDDs with more than 1TB. Are the WD Caviar Black 3TB not a great choice? I can also opt for a Seagate Barracuda 3000GB 3.5 inchs Sata3 64Mb Cache 7200rpm, for example.

Thank you so much again - as you can tell, I know next to nothing about these things smile.gif
post #11789 of 16068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd View Post

@contay & @Wezzor : thanks a LOT for the help guys, it is very much appreciated! I will ask my shop to include one extra intake fan in front, but I'm not sure which type I should ask them to install. Could you help me select in the following list one which should work well in the Fractal Design Define R4?

http://www.microcity.be/webshop/catalogue-7-5-15-microcity-Refroidisseur.html

I suppose it should be a 120mm or 140mm fan, right? Does one of those listed seem fit for the job to you? Once that additional one is installed, there should be no heat issues whatsoever, correct (even if I leave the computer running for 1-2 days?)?

With regards to the power supply, do you not think the 680W one will be enough? Or is it simply unreliable?

Finally, with regards to the HDD, the shop unfortunately does not sell WD Cavier Blue HDDs with more than 1TB. Are the WD Caviar Black 3TB not a great choice? I can also opt for a Seagate Barracuda 3000GB 3.5 inchs Sata3 64Mb Cache 7200rpm, for example.

Thank you so much again - as you can tell, I know next to nothing about these things smile.gif
http://www.microcity.be/webshop/produit-7-5-15-51141-microcity.Cooler-MasterRR-TX3E-22PK-R1Hyper-TX3-EVO-sAM2-AM3-FM1-775-1366-1150-1155.html would definitely be my choice. The money you save on buying that cooler you should spend as I said before on the EVGA SuperNova G2 750W. thumb.gif
If you're talking about the in front fan you should go for 140mm since they have better performance/noise ratio.
Well, the black one is good only that's it meant for pure performance so it sound much more than the blue for example. You could also check out if they have the red one avaible but if sound is not a problem then go for the black. When it comes to Seagate I can't help you out there since I have never owned a Seagate drive.
The Womanizer
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X Corsair Vengance LP 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO Basic 120GB Western Digital Blue 1TB Western Digital Green 4TB Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2311H Corsair Gaming K70 RGB MX Red EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 QPAD 5K Steelseries QcK+ Logitech Z623 
AudioOtherOther
QPAD QH-90 3x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
The Womanizer
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X Corsair Vengance LP 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO Basic 120GB Western Digital Blue 1TB Western Digital Green 4TB Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2311H Corsair Gaming K70 RGB MX Red EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 QPAD 5K Steelseries QcK+ Logitech Z623 
AudioOtherOther
QPAD QH-90 3x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11790 of 16068
Thanks again, @Wezzor! For the intake front fan, is there anything in this list you would recommend? http://www.microcity.be/webshop/catalogue-7-19-72-microcity-Ventilateurs-Boitier.html?page=2&MC=all&BRAND=all&sp721=all (and following pages)?

Well, I'd rather not have too much noise, so maybe the Caviar Black isn't the best option then. There's also a "Purple" option (http://www.microcity.be/webshop/produit-7-5-19-1306002-microcity.Western-DigitalWD30PURX3TB-PURPLE-64MB-35IN-SATA-6GB-S-INTELLIPOWER.html), and the Caviar Red (http://www.microcity.be/webshop/produit-7-5-19-466383-microcity.Western-DigitalWD30EFRXCaviar-Red-3000GB-35-inchs-Sata3-Nas-Edition-64mb.html), but apparently it's a "Nas edition" so I'm not sure it's optimal for a system like mine.

I've checked and unfortunately they do not offer the EVGA SuperNova G2 750W frown.gif You really do not think the 680W Straight Power E9 will do a good job?

Sorry for the numerous questions - I rarely buy a new PC, and I want to get this one right in order for it to last a long time smile.gif

Thanks a bunch!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club