Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 1189

post #11881 of 16132
What do you guys think of putting the 14cm noctuas in all the fan things besides the top where the dampening stuff is. Also, do you think I could fit a NZXT kraken x61 at the top where the dampening stuff is?
post #11882 of 16132
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

A clone. No, I got 2x FD stock fans on front intake, Gelid Silent 14 rear exhaust and bottom intake.
I don't have 12cm fans at all.
No, damaged and that must have been machined screwed in while the door got stuck on closing I really wonder how they managed this, the screw threads should have gone first.

It's supposed to be all nice and flat and you can see that your door is bent on the side as well where the paint broke.


Thanks for all the feedback guys. I went ahead and contacted Fractal before NCIX (as they would have done nothing) and they offered to send me replacements right away. Awesome company.
post #11883 of 16132
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

What do you guys think of putting the 14cm noctuas in all the fan things besides the top where the dampening stuff is. Also, do you think I could fit a NZXT kraken x61 at the top where the dampening stuff is?
'

I personally think the benefit isn't worth it. I'd just buy a Silent 12 or NZXT FN. Maybe a Nexus RealSilent
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcupcake View Post

Nope, both stock fans are 140mm

Okay, I'm going off the Arc Mini, so I guess the ATX versions are 140mm!
Edited by BWAS1000 - 11/22/14 at 4:11pm
Minimi Dried off!
(19 items)
 
HP 255G4
(17 items)
 
Wish List
(1 item)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-750 Intel DH55TC Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 4GB Kingston Value RAM DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin Eco 2 60GB Cooler Master Hyper T2 Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 21 Inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Aula SI-2012 XFX PRO 550W Fractal Design Arc Mini Corsair Harpoon 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Pecham XXL KZ EDSE MeeAudio M9B Monoprice 8323 
AudioAudioOther
Topping NX1 Sennheiser RS160 Xbox 360 Wireless Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-7410 I have no idea AMD Radeon R5 4GB SO-DIMM 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 1TB PNY Optima 120GB RIP optical drive lol Whatever it has 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate  15 inch 1366x768 Built in Power Brick 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HP 255 G4 Case Nixeus Revel Steelseries QcK KZ EDSE 
Audio
Monoprice 8323 
  hide details  
Reply
Minimi Dried off!
(19 items)
 
HP 255G4
(17 items)
 
Wish List
(1 item)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-750 Intel DH55TC Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 4GB Kingston Value RAM DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin Eco 2 60GB Cooler Master Hyper T2 Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 21 Inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Aula SI-2012 XFX PRO 550W Fractal Design Arc Mini Corsair Harpoon 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Pecham XXL KZ EDSE MeeAudio M9B Monoprice 8323 
AudioAudioOther
Topping NX1 Sennheiser RS160 Xbox 360 Wireless Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-7410 I have no idea AMD Radeon R5 4GB SO-DIMM 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 1TB PNY Optima 120GB RIP optical drive lol Whatever it has 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate  15 inch 1366x768 Built in Power Brick 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HP 255 G4 Case Nixeus Revel Steelseries QcK KZ EDSE 
Audio
Monoprice 8323 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11884 of 16132
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

What do you guys think of putting the 14cm noctuas in all the fan things besides the top where the dampening stuff is. Also, do you think I could fit a NZXT kraken x61 at the top where the dampening stuff is?

I've got 2 noctua's in the front and two in the top pushing air though the h110 radiator; these 4 fans are the only moving ones (gpu kicks in at 60C and psu at around 50C) and keeping them stable at 600rpm; both the cpu and gpu wont exceed the 64C at full load while being barely audible! It's awesome!
post #11885 of 16132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compuse View Post

I've got 2 noctua's in the front and two in the top pushing air though the h110 radiator; these 4 fans are the only moving ones (gpu kicks in at 60C and psu at around 50C) and keeping them stable at 600rpm; both the cpu and gpu wont exceed the 64C at full load while being barely audible! It's awesome!
sounds beautiful, does the top 2 slots not having a dust cover get dust in the case?
post #11886 of 16132
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

sounds beautiful, does the top 2 slots not having a dust cover get dust in the case?

I removed it, cut i out were the radiator is aligned; still have a bit of cloth on both sides that the radiator isn't covering. At start all fans jump up to 1200 rpm and within 2 seconds stabilize at around 600rpm , so there's little to no worrying about the dust collecting on top! wink.gif

Now i've got to get rid of the wd black 2tb and sg 3tb, only things remains audible! ;/ but several tb's ssd isn't in my hobbybudget this year! ;p

btw; i'm using a Scytemaster II with a cool display and intractable buttons for controlling the rpm individual.
Edited by Compuse - 11/22/14 at 6:05pm
post #11887 of 16132
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke2 View Post

I have also default fan curve.
It looks Watch Dogs loads the GPU heavily?
Do you have all fans reduced on 7V?
If you're talking about my intake and exhaust fans in the case I am not using the fan controller that comes with the case. I am using PWM fans that I have connected to the motherboard. smile.gif
The Womanizer
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X Corsair Vengance LP 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO Basic 120GB Western Digital Blue 1TB Western Digital Green 4TB Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2311H Corsair Gaming K70 RGB MX Red EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 QPAD 5K Steelseries QcK+ Logitech Z623 
AudioOtherOther
QPAD QH-90 3x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
The Womanizer
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X Corsair Vengance LP 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO Basic 120GB Western Digital Blue 1TB Western Digital Green 4TB Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2311H Corsair Gaming K70 RGB MX Red EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 QPAD 5K Steelseries QcK+ Logitech Z623 
AudioOtherOther
QPAD QH-90 3x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11888 of 16132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compuse View Post

I removed it, cut i out were the radiator is aligned; still have a bit of cloth on both sides that the radiator isn't covering. At start all fans jump up to 1200 rpm and within 2 seconds stabilize at around 600rpm , so there's little to no worrying about the dust collecting on top! wink.gif

Now i've got to get rid of the wd black 2tb and sg 3tb, only things remains audible! ;/ but several tb's ssd isn't in my hobbybudget this year! ;p

btw; i'm using a Scytemaster II with a cool display and intractable buttons for controlling the rpm individual.
wait, so is it exhausting out the top too? I don't think the top 2 fan slots have a dust cover so does your ran not get dusty?
post #11889 of 16132
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

wait, so is it exhausting out the top too? I don't think the top 2 fan slots have a dust cover so does your ran not get dusty?

Two intakes in the front (2x NF-A14 FLX @ 650rpm) and two exhausting ones on top, underneath the h110 radiator (2x NF-A14 FLX @ 600rpm) there is a small compression so i doubt the dust will collect inside. Besides, at startup they'll run at 1200 rpm for about 2 seconds.
post #11890 of 16132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compuse View Post

Two intakes in the front (2x NF-A14 FLX @ 650rpm) and two exhausting ones on top, underneath the h110 radiator (2x NF-A14 FLX @ 600rpm) there is a small compression so i doubt the dust will collect inside. Besides, at startup they'll run at 1200 rpm for about 2 seconds.
Oh I understand, I thought you were using the top 2 fans as an intake. tongue.gif Do you have a normal rear exhaust? Also, I wonder how beneficial another fan at the bottom would be, it seems kinda nice for blower style cards though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club