Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 1209

post #12081 of 16282
Is ASRock X99 OC Formula compatible with Fractal Design Define R5
post #12082 of 16282
Quote:
Originally Posted by viljeml View Post

Is ASRock X99 OC Formula compatible with Fractal Design Define R5

Running a X99 build myself i an R5, using ASUS X99-S though.
post #12083 of 16282
Can somebody confirm that H100i can be installed in front of the R5?
I tried a few days back (didnt have enough time) and it seemed that hoses are too short.
post #12084 of 16282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumtsiki View Post

Can somebody confirm that H100i can be installed in front of the R5?
I tried a few days back (didnt have enough time) and it seemed that hoses are too short.

Quick googling indeed says tubes may be too short. Try putting it on top, as an exhaust?
post #12085 of 16282
Psu should face down to bring in and exhaust its own cool air unless you are on a carpet. As you dont want to overheat your psu, I have tried a bottom fan mount but with most cases they are to close to the ground/desk and there is not enough space for the bottom intake, which means its always noiser and intakes very little making it a bad return in terms of noise to cooling ratio.
post #12086 of 16282
Get higher case feet. Simple. Add an inch of rubber/wood to stock ones etc. Put something under the feet to make the case higher.
FD still did not fix this on R5.
post #12087 of 16282
I may move to another case in the future tongue.gif

The R5 got terrible airflow on my mobo`s vrms when cpu is watercooled and gets voltages to 1.3++


I bought 2x Fractal 50mm fans for 18$, maybe if i mount them close to mye vrms it will be better ph34r-smiley.gif

Though the case is designed to have a XTX 360mm rad i belive, its quite a thick rad, glad i didnt choose the monsta^!^

Any tips to increase airflow for my mobo`s top vrms?
post #12088 of 16282
Hi everyone.

I have just posted a review of the r5 here for anyone interested.

Any questions, just ask.
post #12089 of 16282
I hate my Arc Midi R2
Anti-vibration mounts for the HDD did nothing, entire case vibrated and the bottom fan filter rattled like hell. Had to suspend it with elastic.
I've replaced all the garbage stock fans with Noctua NF-A14's, and still my PC resonates like a blue whale.

I can hear my PC making harmonic hums from across the rooms from the front panel.
Garbage case, PC would be quieter if I threw all my components on the floor and ran it.

I cannot for the life of me stop the front panel from making this endless noise, but I'm not living with this.
Going to be pissed if I have to buy a new case and rebuild my PC because of this noisebox.

I have been dealing with this case being noisy for months, worst part of my PC by miles, what a mistake.
post #12090 of 16282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunched View Post

I hate my Arc Midi R2
Anti-vibration mounts for the HDD did nothing, entire case vibrated and the bottom fan filter rattled like hell. Had to suspend it with elastic.
I've replaced all the garbage stock fans with Noctua NF-A14's, and still my PC resonates like a blue whale.

I can hear my PC making harmonic hums from across the rooms from the front panel.
Garbage case, PC would be quieter if I threw all my components on the floor and ran it.

I cannot for the life of me stop the front panel from making this endless noise, but I'm not living with this.
Going to be pissed if I have to buy a new case and rebuild my PC because of this noisebox.

I have been dealing with this case being noisy for months, worst part of my PC by miles, what a mistake.

Try plug fans in one by one and find the culprit. I replaced my psu fan with the white stock from a Define R4 case. Fixed my LIFE!

You might also have a bad drive or a WD black caviar like me.. Very noisy but I can live with that, just load everything else off a ssd and gaming on mechanical.
I can barely hear my machine on idle. Playing a game, I don't care.. Jack the volume! jack the fans biggrin.gif

Try put some tape on the edges of the fan filter..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club