Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 1379

post #13781 of 16136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbreeze View Post

Yeah, I guess maybe a little. I've never even seen that configuration before. I generally avoid prebuilt systems and the companies that make "custom" prebuilts, so I'd have probably never encountered that.

Schenker is very nice company with outstanding customer support and quality builds. I've got my gaming notebook from them and with any issue the help fast and professional. I tought about buy there my next pc since the offer those nice green fractal builds, but it's expensiv.
post #13782 of 16136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzle View Post

Schenker is very nice company with outstanding customer support and quality builds. I've got my gaming notebook from them and with any issue the help fast and professional. I tought about buy there my next pc since the offer those nice green fractal builds, but it's expensiv.

And that is part of the reason I avoid those kinds of companies. One, they're expensive. You can always build a system that's better and cheaper than what you can buy from any systems builder. Two, it's generally a bigger hassle getting them to fix or replace something than it is to simply RMA a faulty part to the manufacturer. But for some people it makes sense.
post #13783 of 16136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbreeze View Post




Oooh, I like the selection of grill on the front. I've looked into some grill materials but they seem to be so freaking expensive. The "Modder's Mesh" that many builds use costs like 35 bucks. I'm hoping to find something that allows for airflow, but is visually opaque/dark.

To be honest, the insides look a bit bare without any water cooling. Have you thought of filling in that area or is it there for air flow purposes?
post #13784 of 16136
I recently built on a Define S, love the case and its simplicity and great features. If I could change anything it would to maybe make it just 1-2" taller and and maybe an 1" wider. It fits my SLI and my Predator 360 good but I am not sure how it will hold up in the long term if I go for full blow water cooling I think everything will be tight. But for the price it was a great purchase, the features of the case are great I wish more case makers would note that sometimes simplicity is the best way.
Slimer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i9 7900x Asus Rampage VI Apex Asus Strix OC 1080Ti Asus Strix OC 1080Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ RGB Samsung 960 PRO M.2  Samsung 850 EVO x2 Raid 0 Custom Water Cooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit AOC Agon AG352UCG Sentraq S60-X RGB 60% EVGA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Nixeus Revel Logitech G440 Sennheiser GSX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
Slimer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i9 7900x Asus Rampage VI Apex Asus Strix OC 1080Ti Asus Strix OC 1080Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ RGB Samsung 960 PRO M.2  Samsung 850 EVO x2 Raid 0 Custom Water Cooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit AOC Agon AG352UCG Sentraq S60-X RGB 60% EVGA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Nixeus Revel Logitech G440 Sennheiser GSX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13785 of 16136
Quote:
Originally Posted by delslow View Post

Oooh, I like the selection of grill on the front. I've looked into some grill materials but they seem to be so freaking expensive. The "Modder's Mesh" that many builds use costs like 35 bucks. I'm hoping to find something that allows for airflow, but is visually opaque/dark.

To be honest, the insides look a bit bare without any water cooling. Have you thought of filling in that area or is it there for air flow purposes?

Yes, I thought of using the modders mesh from MNPCtech, and had something worked out with Bill Owen on just having him actually paint the front grill for me on one of his prefabricated Define S front panels, but decided I'd rather do it myself and use something not seen on anybody elses mod, so that's why I used the Union Jack perforated metal up there. I think I paid 18.00 for a 12" x 24" sheet at Home Depot.

Like I said in my post, that bare area where a reservoir is supposed to be mounted is going to get covered with something. Not sure what yet. Possibly some painted diamond plate or other sheet material, and then an NZXT Grid v2 and NZXT Hue+ are getting mounted there. If I end up building a custom loop for it later then I'll move those to the bottom in front of the PSU or around back maybe.
post #13786 of 16136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman2733 View Post

I recently built on a Define S, love the case and its simplicity and great features. If I could change anything it would to maybe make it just 1-2" taller and and maybe an 1" wider. It fits my SLI and my Predator 360 good but I am not sure how it will hold up in the long term if I go for full blow water cooling I think everything will be tight. But for the price it was a great purchase, the features of the case are great I wish more case makers would note that sometimes simplicity is the best way.

Clearly, this case is intended for specific configurations. Any build requiring extensive open loop configurations should look to a full tower case of some kind. Be kind of nice if they came out with an extra large mid tower Define S or full tower variety. I agree that it could be a little wider. I would love to have another half inch to inch of cable management clearance on the back side.
post #13787 of 16136
This is what's going to be mounted on the front grill in the center. It started life a a belt buckle, and was heavily modfied itself. I thought the Superman S from man of steel looked pretty modern and was a nice play on the Define "S"

post #13788 of 16136
Hey guys,

So I recently bought a Core 500 for my new mini-itx build, but I'm wondering if a Gigabyte Gaming 5 mini-itx board will be a good fit for this case. I ask because I read somewhere that 90 degree sata ports may run into fitting problems in this case, and I think the Gaming 5 has those 90 degree ports.

Please let me know smile.gif Thank you.
post #13789 of 16136
So I'd figured I'd post updated pictures from my current system. Nothing has changed really except for the cooler. Recently the ekwb predator was recalled and I bought a Noctua uh 14s to replace it. Going to get some red chroma vibration mounts to replace the brown ones.
post #13790 of 16136
I guess after all the posting I could actually show my system off, have new corsair af140 fans on the way so don't judge the miss colored fans too hard lol ad500238b13a67092b3679ca6ea333e0.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slimer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i9 7900x Asus Rampage VI Apex Asus Strix OC 1080Ti Asus Strix OC 1080Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ RGB Samsung 960 PRO M.2  Samsung 850 EVO x2 Raid 0 Custom Water Cooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit AOC Agon AG352UCG Sentraq S60-X RGB 60% EVGA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Nixeus Revel Logitech G440 Sennheiser GSX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
Slimer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i9 7900x Asus Rampage VI Apex Asus Strix OC 1080Ti Asus Strix OC 1080Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ RGB Samsung 960 PRO M.2  Samsung 850 EVO x2 Raid 0 Custom Water Cooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit AOC Agon AG352UCG Sentraq S60-X RGB 60% EVGA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Nixeus Revel Logitech G440 Sennheiser GSX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club