Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 1382

post #13811 of 16057
Looking at getting a Define S for a new mATX Build. Anybody now the dimensions of the Top vented area. Im looking at getting a custom magnetic filter and am wonder how big it needs to be. I know that DEMCiflex makes them for other Fractual Cases along with many others..
post #13812 of 16057
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerPowered View Post

Looking at getting a Define S for a new mATX Build. Anybody now the dimensions of the Top vented area. Im looking at getting a custom magnetic filter and am wonder how big it needs to be. I know that DEMCiflex makes them for other Fractual Cases along with many others..

Kinda hard to say exactly, since it's beveled. And the screws for the radiator pop out along the border where the filter might sit.
post #13813 of 16057
I have the Arc Midi R2.

Does anyone have a fix to stop the bottom fan grill and front fan grill from rattling?

The front fan grill clips in bit it's not very snug, it is pretty loose. The bottom dust filter also does not fit very snugly. As a result vibrations in my case from hard drives and case fans set both of those grills rattling around / vibrating pretty badly.

Thanks.
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13814 of 16057
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietrice89 View Post

I have an R5 and I'm thinking about putting a radiator up top but deciding on what size.

Would a 420 fit well? Would the EK CE fit with fans in push?
Other 420s to consider?

Would I be better off with a 360 and moving it all the way to the side to avoid contact with the motherboard?

Stick with the 360. You will be glad you have some extra room.
post #13815 of 16057
Quote:
Originally Posted by coelacanth View Post

I have the Arc Midi R2.

Does anyone have a fix to stop the bottom fan grill and front fan grill from rattling?

The front fan grill clips in bit it's not very snug, it is pretty loose. The bottom dust filter also does not fit very snugly. As a result vibrations in my case from hard drives and case fans set both of those grills rattling around / vibrating pretty badly.

Thanks.

You could tape off the mesh and paint the frame with plastidip to give it a nice rubberish coating.
post #13816 of 16057
Showing off my latest build

EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM (incl. pump)
EK-FC Titan X/GTX980 Ti Waterblock - Nickel
EK-UNI Pump Bracket (120mm Fan) Vertical
EK-Ekoolant EVO Blood RED (concentrate 100mL)
EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block - Nickel/Plexi
EK-Coolstream PE 240mm x 2
Fractal Design Defne R5 Window case





my rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k OC 4.6GHz 1.37v Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 980ti SC+ Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x8GB DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB LG Bluray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB271HU Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G602s Razer BF3 Mouse Pad Astro A50 Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
my rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k OC 4.6GHz 1.37v Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 980ti SC+ Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x8GB DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB LG Bluray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB271HU Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G602s Razer BF3 Mouse Pad Astro A50 Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13817 of 16057
Will a 360 60mm in push pull in a define S mount to the front and still have room for a wall mounted reservoir?
post #13818 of 16057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post

Will a 360 60mm in push pull in a define S mount to the front and still have room for a wall mounted reservoir?

I have an EK-CoolStream XE 360 (60mm) in my Define S in push/pull, BUT it will not fit unless you mount the push fans on the outside of the intake side of the front panel. This will choke the intake, unless you want to make a mod to the front panel.

Here you can see the 60mm rad in the front, with 25mm fans in pull, and 25mm in push (on the intake side)


I've cut the front out (I've got to clean it up a bit more) and placed Black Chromax corners on the LTT fans (sorry Linus, orange was a bit loud)


This is me trying to use speaker cloth to cover up the hole, but it's too restrictive. I have to find a better solution.
post #13819 of 16057
Quote:
Originally Posted by delslow View Post

I have an EK-CoolStream XE 360 (60mm) in my Define S in push/pull, BUT it will not fit unless you mount the push fans on the outside of the intake side of the front panel. This will choke the intake, unless you want to make a mod to the front panel.

Here you can see the 60mm rad in the front, with 25mm fans in pull, and 25mm in push (on the intake side)


I've cut the front out (I've got to clean it up a bit more) and placed Black Chromax corners on the LTT fans (sorry Linus, orange was a bit loud)


This is me trying to use speaker cloth to cover up the hole, but it's too restrictive. I have to find a better solution.

How bad is the intake with a 60mm front rad and just push or pull? I am using a rad with a much lower FPI than you also. (11 vs 16)
post #13820 of 16057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post

Will a 360 60mm in push pull in a define S mount to the front and still have room for a wall mounted reservoir?

Depending on your GPU length you could do push/pull/60mm rad inside the front of the case if you used a radiator reservoir mount and made a bracket for your pump to sit on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club