Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 1455

post #14541 of 16053
Quote:
Originally Posted by New green View Post

What are people's opinion on the best expandable aio in terms of reliability that will fit in the top of the arc mini r2?

My plan is to have the CPU and two GPU's on it not sure if one 360 rad is ideal for that.

Swiftech aio out of stock on their website and newegg. EKWB p360 says it won't fit. Not sure what else is out there that is reliable. Are the fractal kelvin aio's good? I remember reading a thread around these forums about fractal fans not working well on rads and a hardware rep confirmed it if I'm remembering correctly.

I think your best bet will be the swiftech. You could probably get an ek 360 up top if you're willing to lose the 5 1/4 Bay and do some hole modding on the top. The coolstream rad just doesn't naturally fit up there due to the 'lip' running around the inside of the case.

240 will fit in the front if you use fan ducts. Works well for me. You lose the optical bays again though.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14542 of 16053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyve View Post

I think your best bet will be the swiftech. You could probably get an ek 360 up top if you're willing to lose the 5 1/4 Bay and do some hole modding on the top. The coolstream rad just doesn't naturally fit up there due to the 'lip' running around the inside of the case.

240 will fit in the front if you use fan ducts. Works well for me. You lose the optical bays again though.

Oh hey its you. I was reading your posts on the ekwb aio thread and thought you said the p360 wouldn't fit. I am planning to take out the ODDs but figured the p360 was just too long because the pump and fan header is on the side. I'd love to get the p360 if it fits and just drill some mounting holes if it does fit. The user manual for it suggests getting the 360 to expand into two gpu's and use the 240 to expanding into a single gpu so wasn't looking at the p240. I guess I could just use another 240 rad in the front down the road bu figured one 360 would look cleaner and lower temps having two intakes on the front.
post #14543 of 16053
Quote:
Originally Posted by New green View Post

Oh hey its you. I was reading your posts on the ekwb aio thread and thought you said the p360 wouldn't fit. I am planning to take out the ODDs but figured the p360 was just too long because the pump and fan header is on the side. I'd love to get the p360 if it fits and just drill some mounting holes if it does fit. The user manual for it suggests getting the 360 to expand into two gpu's and use the 240 to expanding into a single gpu so wasn't looking at the p240. I guess I could just use another 240 rad in the front down the road bu figured one 360 would look cleaner and lower temps having two intakes on the front.

I might have. Not sure. I know it won't fit with the optical Bay. I'm guessing it might fit without but certainly not without drilling some new mounting holes. That damn lip running around the inside of the case screws it up.

As far as a 360 for 2 gpus and a 240 for a cpu. That seems a little overkill but I'm sure would work. I'm not sure you can do the 360 and 2 gpus without opening up and expanding it in which case you should consider a single p240 and add a 2nd straight 240 rad and possible res.

I'm gonna be working on my rig later today and I'll check measurements on the top to see how long it is. I don't think it'd be an issue without the od Bay though.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14544 of 16053
Quote:
Originally Posted by New green View Post

What are people's opinion on the best expandable aio in terms of reliability that will fit in the top of the arc mini r2?

My plan is to have the CPU and two GPU's on it not sure if one 360 rad is ideal for that.

Swiftech aio out of stock on their website and newegg. EKWB p360 says it won't fit. Not sure what else is out there that is reliable. Are the fractal kelvin aio's good? I remember reading a thread around these forums about fractal fans not working well on rads and a hardware rep confirmed it if I'm remembering correctly.

With fans in general it's important to equip your rad with fans designed for that purpose. Most of our fans are high flow and work great for creating laminar flow, making them ideal for typical applications as a case fan (especially for exhaust). High flow fans do not make good radiator fans, though. High pressure is what you want for that, in which case the Venturi HP fans would be the ones to go with.
post #14545 of 16053
Oh wait. I misread what you said about 2 gpus and CPUs. Reading comprehension needs work wink.gif

Yeah a 360 is plenty for a cpu and 2 gpus but again you're gonna have to break it open to expand on that 2nd gpu and then you want to start thinking on straight custom or maybe dual 240mm rads. If I ever get a 2nd gpu that's my plan. Get a 2nd 240 for the top.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14546 of 16053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyve View Post

Oh wait. I misread what you said about 2 gpus and CPUs. Reading comprehension needs work wink.gif

Yeah a 360 is plenty for a cpu and 2 gpus but again you're gonna have to break it open to expand on that 2nd gpu and then you want to start thinking on straight custom or maybe dual 240mm rads. If I ever get a 2nd gpu that's my plan. Get a 2nd 240 for the top.

Cool thx for that. I was looking at one of those ekwb kits might still consider that if it is better to expand into two gpu's than using the p360 aio. I just figured if the aio was easy to expand on it was be a more simpler install then the kits.
post #14547 of 16053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal Design View Post

With fans in general it's important to equip your rad with fans designed for that purpose. Most of our fans are high flow and work great for creating laminar flow, making them ideal for typical applications as a case fan (especially for exhaust). High flow fans do not make good radiator fans, though. High pressure is what you want for that, in which case the Venturi HP fans would be the ones to go with.

Ahh ok cool good to know. I tried looking for that post but on break at work and ran outta time.
post #14548 of 16053
Quote:
Originally Posted by New green View Post

Cool thx for that. I was looking at one of those ekwb kits might still consider that if it is better to expand into two gpu's than using the p360 aio. I just figured if the aio was easy to expand on it was be a more simpler install then the kits.

It's only easier if you're able to take advantage of the quick disconnects. Prefilled blocks and plug and play. If for any reason you have to break open the loop then maybe consider going custom.

Although now that I think on it. Expanding a predator might save you a few bucks on the cost of total custom.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14549 of 16053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyve View Post

It's only easier if you're able to take advantage of the quick disconnects. Prefilled blocks and plug and play. If for any reason you have to break open the loop then maybe consider going custom.

Although now that I think on it. Expanding a predator might save you a few bucks on the cost of total custom.

Ya a full ekwb custom after shipping I was looking at over $500. The p360 after shipping is a little over $300.

The p360 is 415mm long and the outside depth of the arc mini r2 is 484mm. It seems like it should fit but the ekwb website says it is not compatible, not sure if that simply means I will need to drill mounting holes into the top of the case. If you could tell me what the internal depth is on the top of the mini r2 that would be much appreciated since I haven't yet found those dimensions.
post #14550 of 16053
Quote:
Originally Posted by New green View Post

Ya a full ekwb custom after shipping I was looking at over $500. The p360 after shipping is a little over $300.

The p360 is 415mm long and the outside depth of the arc mini r2 is 484mm. It seems like it should fit but the ekwb website says it is not compatible, not sure if that simply means I will need to drill mounting holes into the top of the case. If you could tell me what the internal depth is on the top of the mini r2 that would be much appreciated since I haven't yet found those dimensions.

Haven't gotten around to working on the rig just yet but from those numbers it looks good. I'm sure it says not compatible because of the mounting holes as well as the od Bay.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club