Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 1551

post #15501 of 15601
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemo_05 View Post

man fitting a Swiftech H220-X2(for cpu of course) and a Corsair H75 + G10 Kraken on a Core 500 is a real challenge.. i'll end up using every bit of space in this case.. hopefully I finish this build tomorrow, will take some photos and share once done

Dude, yeah, pics required. Sounds awesome!

thumb.gif
Ryzen Furiously
(21 items)
 
Lappy-top
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Asus PRIME X370-PRO Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO OC+ 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200MHz F4-3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX300 750GB (Windows 7 Home Premium) Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe 240GB (Games) Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD DT01ACA200 (Software RAID) Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD DT01ACA200 (Software RAID) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT 4 x Phanteks PH-F140XP_BK Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit QNIX QX2710LED 27" 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero 2108S Brown Switches Cooler Master V1200 Platinum Fractal Design Define S Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar U7 Superlux HD668B Semi-Open Headphones Polk Audio T15 Bookshelf Speakers Lepy LP-2024A+ Stereo Amplifier 20W per channel 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 HP Generic nVidia GeForce 9200M GS 4096 MB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB Blu-Ray ROM Manjaro 16.10 stable 15.4" WXGA 1280X800 
Keyboard
Chiclet 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Furiously
(21 items)
 
Lappy-top
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Asus PRIME X370-PRO Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO OC+ 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200MHz F4-3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX300 750GB (Windows 7 Home Premium) Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe 240GB (Games) Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD DT01ACA200 (Software RAID) Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD DT01ACA200 (Software RAID) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT 4 x Phanteks PH-F140XP_BK Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit QNIX QX2710LED 27" 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero 2108S Brown Switches Cooler Master V1200 Platinum Fractal Design Define S Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar U7 Superlux HD668B Semi-Open Headphones Polk Audio T15 Bookshelf Speakers Lepy LP-2024A+ Stereo Amplifier 20W per channel 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 HP Generic nVidia GeForce 9200M GS 4096 MB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB Blu-Ray ROM Manjaro 16.10 stable 15.4" WXGA 1280X800 
Keyboard
Chiclet 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15502 of 15601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alover View Post

Haha thank you!.
I was doing some research and realized that the noise is not comming from the fan.
The wistle is produced by the rear left border of the frame due to vibrations of the fan.
I´m triying with different fans, but i can´t fix it by now.

These vibrations are causing a whistling noise? That really is peculiar. If it's a constant high pitched tone you're hearing and not a low buzzing sound, I'm not sure if fan frame vibrations are really the cause. At 500rpm, the oscillations of an imbalanced fan would only be about 8 Hz, which is below audible range. Even if the vibrations were somehow travelling through the chassis from a 7200rpm hard drive, it would still be more of a buzz than a whistle. Whistling would almost have to be either electronics related or the result of some sort of unusual aerodynamic behavior.

First thing I would try is to power off the PC, unplug the fan closest to the source of the noise, and power back on to see if anything changes. If the noise stops, then it's pretty much got to be the fan. If it persists though, then the vibrations/noise must be coming from somewhere else.
post #15503 of 15601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal Design View Post

These vibrations are causing a whistling noise? That really is peculiar. If it's a constant high pitched tone you're hearing and not a low buzzing sound, I'm not sure if fan frame vibrations are really the cause. At 500rpm, the oscillations of an imbalanced fan would only be about 8 Hz, which is below audible range. Even if the vibrations were somehow travelling through the chassis from a 7200rpm hard drive, it would still be more of a buzz than a whistle. Whistling would almost have to be either electronics related or the result of some sort of unusual aerodynamic behavior.

First thing I would try is to power off the PC, unplug the fan closest to the source of the noise, and power back on to see if anything changes. If the noise stops, then it's pretty much got to be the fan. If it persists though, then the vibrations/noise must be coming from somewhere else.

The noise stops if i turn off the fan or when i put a finger in the frame stopping the vibrations xd.
It´s like a wistle but it´s not a high pitched noise.
It´s hard to describe , it´s like when you blow into a bottle. that kind of wistle.
post #15504 of 15601
probably the oscillation is somehow hitting a frequency that is bothersome to your ear
ProjeX 2.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700K Asrock Z270 Gaming ITX Zotac 980 Ti Amp Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 520 Swiftech H220 X2 NZXT G10 kraken Corsair H75 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq XL2411Z Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Core 500 
Audio
HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
ProjeX 2.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700K Asrock Z270 Gaming ITX Zotac 980 Ti Amp Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 520 Swiftech H220 X2 NZXT G10 kraken Corsair H75 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq XL2411Z Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Core 500 
Audio
HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15505 of 15601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alover View Post

The noise stops if i turn off the fan or when i put a finger in the frame stopping the vibrations xd.
It´s like a wistle but it´s not a high pitched noise.
It´s hard to describe , it´s like when you blow into a bottle. that kind of wistle.

This really is an interesting case. Assuming they're still in the default config, is it the front fan or the rear fan that's doing this? If it's the front fan, does it still whistle when you remove the filter?
post #15506 of 15601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal Design View Post

This really is an interesting case. Assuming they're still in the default config, is it the front fan or the rear fan that's doing this? If it's the front fan, does it still whistle when you remove the filter?

Both make that noise, but now i removed the rear fan just to try to solve it one by one xd.
The rear one makes the noise always.
The front fan makes the same noise but is less noticeable, and as you suggest, is barely audible if i remove the front filter.
When i mean front rear fan i mean the position, i switched it and the result is the same.
Edited by Alover - 4/13/17 at 10:18am
post #15507 of 15601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alover View Post

Both make that noise, but now i removed the rear fan just to try to solve it one by one xd.
The rear one makes the noise always.
The front fan makes the same noise but is less noticeable, and as you suggest, is barely audible if i remove the front filter.
When i mean front rear fan i mean the position, i switched it and the result is the same.

Would you be able to get a recording of the noise with and without the filter and attach it to a ticket at support.fractal-design.com so we can hear for ourselves? A photo of the case interior could be helpful as well. I haven't run across anything quite like this but I'm sure we can solve the problem if we can figure out why it's doing this.
post #15508 of 15601
Got my Define S today and transplanted my build into it. It was so easy and no problems at all, I was worried about the cable clearance at the back but it's plenty big enough. The included 2 fans are both in the front and I have a Corsair AF140 in the back, I may even buy a 3rd Fractal fan for the front as they are so quiet.
post #15509 of 15601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal Design View Post

Would you be able to get a recording of the noise with and without the filter and attach it to a ticket at support.fractal-design.com so we can hear for ourselves? A photo of the case interior could be helpful as well. I haven't run across anything quite like this but I'm sure we can solve the problem if we can figure out why it's doing this.

I tried, but i can´t, the noise is overlaped by other noises, the mic does not have too much quality.
I´m going to give it a second try.
post #15510 of 15601
Any word on why the white version of Define Nano S case can't be bought in either US or EU markets?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club