Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 362

post #3611 of 15859
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdeano View Post

if you could tell others about your case switch, what would you tell them about the Fractal Design Arc Midi?
did it meet your expectations?
was it a lateral move, better or worse?
was the case layout, looks or price what enticed the decision?
what would you want your Arc Midi to have to make you switch again?
airdeano

I switced from CM 690 II.

Reasons:
Arc midi 360 rad support with minimal modding.
Arc midi extra width.
Arc has better dust filters.

What Arc should have:

Sound dampening on side panels.
Even better dust filters.
White version.
Integrated fan controller.
Native 360 rad support. (bigger top mesh, removable optical bay).
Better FANS!!!
Edited by a11an - 8/3/12 at 2:22am
Mothership
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 Gigabyte G1 GTX1070 Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 EK-Supreme HF Full Nickel Dell 27" S2716DG 144Hz Logitech G710 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X 750 Gold Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Logitech G400 Logitech G440 
Audio
Creative X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
Mothership
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 Gigabyte G1 GTX1070 Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 EK-Supreme HF Full Nickel Dell 27" S2716DG 144Hz Logitech G710 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X 750 Gold Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Logitech G400 Logitech G440 
Audio
Creative X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3612 of 15859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrak View Post

Why not just get some cheap nibblers?
edit: quick video I found to show you; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNAz63vHYDg

Thanks for the suggestion! It's hard to get cheap nibblers in the UK. I got some "Tin Snips" instead, 250mm quite heavy duty ones. Worked like a charm with very little mess to clean up, just a bit of paint and some little bits of metal, was very clean way of doing it. Fan is already quieter and putting out more CFM. Off to do the back fan mesh now.
post #3613 of 15859
Here's some pics of my case, hope to put a full side window in soon and do the front panel mod to
Hope you guys like it :d
I tried to get classy with the photos using my phone but is was pretty crap haha

Quick question: Does any one use the NZXT FZ-140mm fans? are they any good and would you guys recommend them?
Looking at putting some white ones in the case. Here's the link to the fans if don't know what im talking about: http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/case_fans/fz-140mm_nonled





Cooper
post #3614 of 15859
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperJS View Post

Quick question: Does any one use the NZXT FZ-140mm fans? are they any good and would you guys recommend them?
Looking at putting some white ones in the case. Here's the link to the fans if don't know what im talking about:
Cooper

Lovely system mate.

I'm going for the Corsair AF140's Quiet Airflow (they only do quiet ones at 140 ^^). I have the AF120 in my current pc and they are quite quiet at 1600RPM. At 1100 I can't hear them. Actually, at 1600 all I hear is the air moving (after removing fan mesh). Out of case they move a lot of air and make no noise for me to hear. I expect the AF140 to be even better because of lower RPM and they look lovely. Just finished removing all my fan mesh and airflow has increased by over 50%, fan filter holds intake fans back but I can't deal with dust. If you like the look of the Corsair fans don't hesitate they are really good. I would think the NZXT are pretty much the same, almost same design too for the anti vibration, which looks more sturdy than the corsairs, one of my rubber corners got shredded on one side, but managed to still use the back side of it.

I may consider the NZXT's myself, and get a 200cm one for the top to keep with the black and white theme.

Fractal are bringing out a side window at the end of the year, that's when I will order my ARC with it bundled so I don't have a random extra panel.

Excuse my rambling. I really like fans.
post #3615 of 15859
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3ath View Post

Thanks for the suggestion! It's hard to get cheap nibblers in the UK. I got some "Tin Snips" instead, 250mm quite heavy duty ones. Worked like a charm with very little mess to clean up, just a bit of paint and some little bits of metal, was very clean way of doing it. Fan is already quieter and putting out more CFM. Off to do the back fan mesh now.

Great thumb.gif
post #3616 of 15859
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3ath View Post

Lovely system mate.
I'm going for the Corsair AF140's Quiet Airflow (they only do quiet ones at 140 ^^). I have the AF120 in my current pc and they are quite quiet at 1600RPM. At 1100 I can't hear them. Actually, at 1600 all I hear is the air moving (after removing fan mesh). Out of case they move a lot of air and make no noise for me to hear. I expect the AF140 to be even better because of lower RPM and they look lovely. Just finished removing all my fan mesh and airflow has increased by over 50%, fan filter holds intake fans back but I can't deal with dust. If you like the look of the Corsair fans don't hesitate they are really good. I would think the NZXT are pretty much the same, almost same design too for the anti vibration, which looks more sturdy than the corsairs, one of my rubber corners got shredded on one side, but managed to still use the back side of it.
I may consider the NZXT's myself, and get a 200cm one for the top to keep with the black and white theme.
Fractal are bringing out a side window at the end of the year, that's when I will order my ARC with it bundled so I don't have a random extra panel.
Excuse my rambling. I really like fans.

That will be awesome when they bring out the side panel but i like the looks of smokey acrylic on the side of the case, makes it look sexy and you still get to keep your old side panel
I like the corsair fans but i like NZXT fans more because they are black and white and look pretty noice to haha
Going to take the front filter out now or tomorrow biggrin.gif

Cooper
post #3617 of 15859
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3ath View Post

I'm going for the Corsair AF140's Quiet Airflow (they only do quiet ones at 140 ^^). I have the AF120 in my current pc and they are quite quiet at 1600RPM.

Corsair fans aren't that great. NZXT FZ are a better choice and they have white blades.
Ti-89 Titanium
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Motorola 68k @16 MHz Ti-89 HW4 256 KB 2.6 MB Flash ROM 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Ti-89 OS 3.10 LCD Dot-Matrix 160x100 4x 1.5V AAA Ti-89 HW4 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core™ i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R 2.0 Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC G.Skill RX 2x4GB 1600C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
PNY Prevail Elite 120GB Hitachi 7K1000.C 1TB LG GH24LS50 Noctua NH-C12P SE14 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Pro x64 Lubuntu 13.10 x64 Samsung BX2250 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Be Quiet! S.P. E⁷ 600W Fractal Design Core 3000 Logitech G300 AKG K240 Studio 
  hide details  
Reply
Ti-89 Titanium
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Motorola 68k @16 MHz Ti-89 HW4 256 KB 2.6 MB Flash ROM 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Ti-89 OS 3.10 LCD Dot-Matrix 160x100 4x 1.5V AAA Ti-89 HW4 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core™ i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R 2.0 Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC G.Skill RX 2x4GB 1600C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
PNY Prevail Elite 120GB Hitachi 7K1000.C 1TB LG GH24LS50 Noctua NH-C12P SE14 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Pro x64 Lubuntu 13.10 x64 Samsung BX2250 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Be Quiet! S.P. E⁷ 600W Fractal Design Core 3000 Logitech G300 AKG K240 Studio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3618 of 15859
Quote:
Originally Posted by adridu59 View Post

Corsair fans aren't that great. NZXT FZ are a better choice and they have white blades.
proof.gif
I've only heard good things said about the new Corsair fans. (Same with the FZ-series.)
post #3619 of 15859
Same here, most people love corsair fans all around.
post #3620 of 15859
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3ath View Post

Hm, need to figure out which dremel disks to buy to cut out the fan mesh from my case. It's quite solid steel...my rotary tool is 12V plugged in type. Came with some small disks but I don't think they look up to it. Anyone ecommend some?

 

 

I just bought a pack of 5 MasterCraft discs for mine.  I figured they are going to get used up anyway when cutting through steel so no point in paying for super good ones.

 

The only thing I noticed is the lower quality ones heat up a little faster and don't provide as clean of a cut.  But I figured I would be using the sanding attachment anyway to smooth the edges.

CHILZ - Lan Rig
(17 items)
 
CANARY - Main Rig
(16 items)
 
CADILLAC - HTPC
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-4570s Asus H97M-Plus AMD R9 280 G.Skill RipjawsX 16 GB (2x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
250 GB Samsung 840 240 GB Kingston 3 TB USB 3.0 Drive Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Preview BenQ GL2450 Filco MajesTouch2 Ninja PC P&C Silencer Mk III 600 W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Core 1000 Mionix Castor Monoprice XXL JL Amps + Custom Morel Bookshelf speakers 
Other
Scythe Kama-Panel 3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 @ 4.6 GHz Fatal1ty 990FX Pro 9800 GTX+ 512 MB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
120 GB OCZ Vertex 3 1 TB WD Black 5x 120mm + MCP350 + EK Supreme HF + MicroRes Windows 8 Consumer Preview 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Dell U2212HM Logitech G110 Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro Cooler Master 690 II Adv. 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Death Adder 3.5G Staples Gel Cushion Asus Xonar DG + Senn. PC333D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Acer X1800 ATI 5670 2 GB Kingston 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 TB WD Green Asus BD-R Windows 7 Home Premium Sony 50" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Acer Media 220 W SFF Acer X1800 Acer Optical 
Mouse PadAudio
The TV cabinet Denon 2808 7.1 AVR + Dahlquist 350W 8" Sub + Kl... 
  hide details  
Reply
CHILZ - Lan Rig
(17 items)
 
CANARY - Main Rig
(16 items)
 
CADILLAC - HTPC
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-4570s Asus H97M-Plus AMD R9 280 G.Skill RipjawsX 16 GB (2x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
250 GB Samsung 840 240 GB Kingston 3 TB USB 3.0 Drive Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Preview BenQ GL2450 Filco MajesTouch2 Ninja PC P&C Silencer Mk III 600 W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Core 1000 Mionix Castor Monoprice XXL JL Amps + Custom Morel Bookshelf speakers 
Other
Scythe Kama-Panel 3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 @ 4.6 GHz Fatal1ty 990FX Pro 9800 GTX+ 512 MB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
120 GB OCZ Vertex 3 1 TB WD Black 5x 120mm + MCP350 + EK Supreme HF + MicroRes Windows 8 Consumer Preview 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Dell U2212HM Logitech G110 Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro Cooler Master 690 II Adv. 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Death Adder 3.5G Staples Gel Cushion Asus Xonar DG + Senn. PC333D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Acer X1800 ATI 5670 2 GB Kingston 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 TB WD Green Asus BD-R Windows 7 Home Premium Sony 50" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Acer Media 220 W SFF Acer X1800 Acer Optical 
Mouse PadAudio
The TV cabinet Denon 2808 7.1 AVR + Dahlquist 350W 8" Sub + Kl... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club