Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 459

post #4581 of 15935
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenalin View Post

Seeing some other threads in this post inspired me to clean up my Fractal Define Mini smile.gif
Here are some before and after shots.
Im happy with the little beast, running a 3570k O/C to 4.3 Ghz with a GTX670 FTW. Temps are much lower after the mod, however id still like to get the GPU running a little cooler under high load, might try applying some good TIM.
Will clean up the back a little more and im not entirely happy with the HDD cabling.









That cleaned up real nice.

I have a manual version Lamptron controller and really love the look..it has that same really short molex power connector you have there. Like what you did though
Arc-Power
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Msi Z77 Mpower Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce OC 2048MB  Corsair Dominator Platnium 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Pro 64 Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" LED  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" LED  Razer Black Widow Ultimate  Seasonic X650 Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi 
MouseAudio
Logitech g700 Odac->02->Modded T50RP/ Audioengine A2 
  hide details  
Reply
Arc-Power
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Msi Z77 Mpower Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce OC 2048MB  Corsair Dominator Platnium 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Pro 64 Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" LED  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" LED  Razer Black Widow Ultimate  Seasonic X650 Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi 
MouseAudio
Logitech g700 Odac->02->Modded T50RP/ Audioengine A2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4582 of 15935
Quote:
Originally Posted by corysti View Post

R4 Mini: 19.29" x 8.27" x 15.55"
Core 3000: 18.90" x 7.87" x 16.93"
There you go thumb.gif
But my question is why would you get the R4 mini when you can have the actual R4 for like 20 more bucks...

I want a relatively small case, the reason for that is that I can have the computer under one arm, and the screen under the other when I'm going to LAN-Parties biggrin.gif
post #4583 of 15935
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambro2k View Post

I want a relatively small case, the reason for that is that I can have the computer under one arm, and the screen under the other when I'm going to LAN-Parties biggrin.gif

^^^ this ...
post #4584 of 15935
Hi

I have had fractal define R4 white for few weeks now and I have ran in to a problem. My hard drive( WD blue 500gb 7200rpm) causes vibration on the top and bottom panels on the case. Vibration gets even worse if I remove the upper hard drive cage. Previous case was Antec P150 and it had the suspension mounting for the hard drives.

I moved the hard drive outside the case and the vibration disappeared. Hard drive is 3 years old so It might be just dying? When I place my hand on the hard drive air bourne sound gets little lower. I can feel huge resonating on the hard drive when touching it.

I have tried loosening and tightening the hard drive screws but it has no effect on the vibration.
post #4585 of 15935
Greetings Fractal owners!

I'm looking for a silent 140mm fan to put in the front of R4, any suggestions?
post #4586 of 15935
SP140s, quitet as hell on medium/low, but on MAX it's terrible. thumb.gif
post #4587 of 15935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bereg View Post

Hi
I have had fractal define R4 white for few weeks now and I have ran in to a problem. My hard drive( WD blue 500gb 7200rpm) causes vibration on the top and bottom panels on the case. Vibration gets even worse if I remove the upper hard drive cage. Previous case was Antec P150 and it had the suspension mounting for the hard drives.
I moved the hard drive outside the case and the vibration disappeared. Hard drive is 3 years old so It might be just dying? When I place my hand on the hard drive air bourne sound gets little lower. I can feel huge resonating on the hard drive when touching it.
I have tried loosening and tightening the hard drive screws but it has no effect on the vibration.

Get a SSD and you won't regret it!
Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 "Engineering Sample" MSI P6N SLI Platinum XFX Radeon 5870 Corsair XMS2 6GB DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Noctua NH-C12P SE14 Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate with SP1 Dell 2408WFP x Dell 2407WFP - 24" 
PowerCase
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performanc... NZXT Source 210 Mid Tower Case 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 "Engineering Sample" MSI P6N SLI Platinum XFX Radeon 5870 Corsair XMS2 6GB DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Noctua NH-C12P SE14 Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate with SP1 Dell 2408WFP x Dell 2407WFP - 24" 
PowerCase
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performanc... NZXT Source 210 Mid Tower Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4588 of 15935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneo View Post

Here.
Someone wanted another picture, this is all I have.
Black/White
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 2500k @4.6GHz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z EVGA GTX 670 EVGA GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
8gb Corsair Dominator GT Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Corsair Force GT 120gb H100 with 2xSP120s 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ASUS 24" Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate  Corsiar tx750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Arc Mini Thermaltake Black Thermaltake Dasher Thermaltake Shock One 
  hide details  
Reply
Black/White
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 2500k @4.6GHz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z EVGA GTX 670 EVGA GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
8gb Corsair Dominator GT Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Corsair Force GT 120gb H100 with 2xSP120s 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ASUS 24" Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate  Corsiar tx750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Arc Mini Thermaltake Black Thermaltake Dasher Thermaltake Shock One 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4589 of 15935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetris View Post

Greetings Fractal owners!
I'm looking for a silent 140mm fan to put in the front of R4, any suggestions?
I went through quite a number of fans and settled on Noiseblocker PK-2 as the quietest.
post #4590 of 15935
Everytime I turn my core 1000 on the front fan makes a loud noise, but it goes away after I hit the front panel a few times. Anyone else have this problem or know what could be causing it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club