Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 541

post #5401 of 15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuddi View Post

Hi, nice:thumb:
I´m about to do almost the same in a R4, but with a 240 (top) and 280 in front, could you plz tell me your loop order, cause I can´t really see it clearly from the pics...
Do you have the exhaust from the 360 going behind the mobo plate to the res/pump?
Looks nice anyways, need to try it out, ftm I´m planning my loop order, while waiting for orders to arrive...
Just got a bay res and will try it in the loop, I won´t use the swiftech, but might also go for a tuberes or a tuberes-top for the D5...
I´m also looking forward to pics from Adi, when he gets his res mounted:winksmil1

Thank you!

I have my in order res-pump-240rad-cpu-GPU-360rad-res.

And yes that 360 outlet goes behind the motherboard plate...
I also placed the pump behind the 240rad, tight but with a bit of padding noiseless solution and in my opinion pretty good looking too...biggrin.gif

When you get your build in motion i wont to see pics!tongue.gif

Meisseli
post #5402 of 15943
Has anyone here mounted a RX240 In the front with the HDD bays removed?
I'm planning on running a cpu loop with 2 Corsair SP120 fans and stealth mounting my ssd to the back. I'm also curious as to what my option are for mounting a single HDD after this. I would like to take advantage of the bottom 120mm Mounts but i cant seem to find any bracket that will fullfill this purpose. The reason i cant mount the HDD in the 5.25 bays is cause the RX240 reservoir/pump combo takes up 2 5.25 bays

If anyone has any pictures of any of this being done i would greatly appreciate it
post #5403 of 15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunBox View Post

Has anyone here mounted a RX240 In the front with the HDD bays removed?
I'm planning on running a cpu loop with 2 Corsair SP120 fans and stealth mounting my ssd to the back. I'm also curious as to what my option are for mounting a single HDD after this. I would like to take advantage of the bottom 120mm Mounts but i cant seem to find any bracket that will fullfill this purpose. The reason i cant mount the HDD in the 5.25 bays is cause the RX240 reservoir/pump combo takes up 2 5.25 bays
If anyone has any pictures of any of this being done i would greatly appreciate it

as for the HDD you could buy some 3mm acryl which is very fun and easy to work with. Not to mention you can do almost anything from it. Im thinking of a black box filled with some foam to dampen the noise (leave the bottom open for some ventilation). Then a 120mm to HDD screw placement adapter made with that same acryl. bolt the adapter and hdd that 120mm and then bolt that box on top of the HDD using those HDD side screw holes. The box is not a must have but mostly for aesthetic and noise reasons... if you want i could use my amazing (read Poor) paint skills to make you a pic, if you want...

Meisseli
post #5404 of 15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisseli View Post

as for the HDD you could buy some 3mm acryl which is very fun and easy to work with. Not to mention you can do almost anything from it. Im thinking of a black box filled with some foam to dampen the noise (leave the bottom open for some ventilation). Then a 120mm to HDD screw placement adapter made with that same acryl. bolt the adapter and hdd that 120mm and then bolt that box on top of the HDD using those HDD side screw holes. The box is not a must have but mostly for aesthetic and noise reasons... if you want i could use my amazing (read Poor) paint skills to make you a pic, if you want...
Meisseli
Thanks for the reply, Problem is though, I've relocated from Norway to the US and have no tools besides a basic screwdriver kit. Some form of premade bracket under 20ish dollars would be ideal. Also thanks for the offer for the paint picture
How did you do the Carbon on the 5.25 bays on your build if i may ask? I have some shipping right now and had planned to do the same thing
post #5405 of 15943
My Fractal Core 1000

1st Place Best in Looks "SFF Category" - Games and Gadgets Expo 2012 (Davao City - Philippines)

(sorry for the phone cam)


(sorry for the phone cam)




    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
AMD A8-3850 Asus A55 HD6550 (Onboard) WD 500GB / Seagate Maxtor 500GB 
CoolingOSCase
Stock Windows 7 Ultimate Fractal Core 1000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
AMD A8-3850 Asus A55 HD6550 (Onboard) WD 500GB / Seagate Maxtor 500GB 
CoolingOSCase
Stock Windows 7 Ultimate Fractal Core 1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5406 of 15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunBox View Post

Thanks for the reply, Problem is though, I've relocated from Norway to the US and have no tools besides a basic screwdriver kit. Some form of premade bracket under 20ish dollars would be ideal. Also thanks for the offer for the paint picture
How did you do the Carbon on the 5.25 bays on your build if i may ask? I have some shipping right now and had planned to do the same thing


in my opinion that carbon on my 5.25 is a bit ugly cos of the poor finish but what i did was measure the 5.25 bay side panel and just cut that carbon tape to size. Then just stick it there... one down side is that when removed you had to do it all over again, that why I now moved to acryl plate on the 5.25 side (see pictures a couple posts back)

you could do it tho is to make a thin acryl plate for it and then stick that carbon tape to that acryl plate... after that glue some magnets to that acryl plate and voila! you have a reusable 5.25 side cover with carbon look... just because you never know when you want to remove that optical drive you have in there ( or atleast for me, im always having new ideas for my rig so....)

hope this helps!

Meisseli
post #5407 of 15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeze View Post

My Fractal Core 1000
1st Place Best in Looks "SFF Category" - Games and Gadgets Expo 2012 (Davao City - Philippines)
(sorry for the phone cam)

(sorry for the phone cam)



dat shiny door oooooo aaaaaa please elaborate biggrin.gif
BBW
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Bulldozer FX - 8120 Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 Samsung's Best kept secret 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe Spire TME 3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Corsair HX-850 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
BBW
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Bulldozer FX - 8120 Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 Samsung's Best kept secret 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe Spire TME 3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Corsair HX-850 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5408 of 15943
Fractal Define R4, Black, Non-window, $80 w/ free shipping on Newegg

Well, I held off as long as I could. I've now got a shiny new R4 inbound. It'll probably be my last ATX case, so I'm gonna dress it up as nice as I can. mrrockwell's front 360 rad mod (for Swiftech MCR320 QP Res Rev2), drive mounts behind mobo panel for 1x SSD and 1x HDDs, and a front door mod (either high gloss like freeze's or carbon fiber like mrrockwell's) at the very least.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus ROG Maximus V Gene Reference EVGA GTX 680 (1306 / 7204) Reference EVGA GTX 680 SC (1280 / 7160) 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB Samsung 'Green' 1600 DDR3 (MV-3V4G3D/US) Samsung 830 256GB Noctua U12P SE2 w/ AP14s P-P Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hannspree 23" SL231 LED Logitech G710+ Seasonic SS-860XP2 Platinum Cardboard box & motherboard tray 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Dying Razer Death Adder Desktop Schiit Magni + Optical Modi Swan M50W 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 600 Samson Meteor Mic w/ pop filter 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus ROG Maximus V Gene Reference EVGA GTX 680 (1306 / 7204) Reference EVGA GTX 680 SC (1280 / 7160) 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB Samsung 'Green' 1600 DDR3 (MV-3V4G3D/US) Samsung 830 256GB Noctua U12P SE2 w/ AP14s P-P Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hannspree 23" SL231 LED Logitech G710+ Seasonic SS-860XP2 Platinum Cardboard box & motherboard tray 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Dying Razer Death Adder Desktop Schiit Magni + Optical Modi Swan M50W 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 600 Samson Meteor Mic w/ pop filter 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5409 of 15943
Happy with the way this turned out! Paint was still wet when I took the pic. Gonna do the little NZXT on the fan controller later.

Cares
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570K MSI Z77A-GD65 MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III Samsung Green 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Kingston Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro Hanns-G 28" 1920x1200 XFX Pro750W 
Case
Fractal Design Arc Midi 
  hide details  
Reply
Cares
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570K MSI Z77A-GD65 MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III Samsung Green 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Kingston Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro Hanns-G 28" 1920x1200 XFX Pro750W 
Case
Fractal Design Arc Midi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5410 of 15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by winniethepwn View Post

Happy with the way this turned out! Paint was still wet when I took the pic. Gonna do the little NZXT on the fan controller later.

need light coats.

its gonna dry uneven, but very nice look
[ WOMD ] Rainuke
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Asrock Z77E-ITX R9 290X Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 7200 RPM Samsung 830 128GB XSPC AX240 kit - With custom Components windows 8 professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Asus VG248QE Coolermaster TK Coolermaster Hybrid Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba Rainbow dash custom Schitt Modi Bose Companion 3 
Audio
Objective 2 
  hide details  
Reply
[ WOMD ] Rainuke
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Asrock Z77E-ITX R9 290X Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 7200 RPM Samsung 830 128GB XSPC AX240 kit - With custom Components windows 8 professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Asus VG248QE Coolermaster TK Coolermaster Hybrid Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba Rainbow dash custom Schitt Modi Bose Companion 3 
Audio
Objective 2 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club