Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 767

post #7661 of 15931
appreciate it thumb.gif Its a razer goliathus extended edition its the smooth speed version. I love it it doesn't move around at all.
The Donbot
(12 items)
 
Crushinator
(10 items)
 
Lenovo T450S
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2320 Asrock H61M-VG4 EVGA GTX 970 8gig Samsung LowPro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 840 Evo 250gb/WD Black 640gb Asus 24 inch (1080p) Sades Mechanical w/blues Rosewill Hive 550 
CaseMouse
Apevia X-ENERQ Pink Logitec G100s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5300u @ 2.90 Lenovo HD Graphics 5500 12 gigs 
Hard DriveOS
Samsung 250g SSD Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
The Donbot
(12 items)
 
Crushinator
(10 items)
 
Lenovo T450S
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2320 Asrock H61M-VG4 EVGA GTX 970 8gig Samsung LowPro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 840 Evo 250gb/WD Black 640gb Asus 24 inch (1080p) Sades Mechanical w/blues Rosewill Hive 550 
CaseMouse
Apevia X-ENERQ Pink Logitec G100s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5300u @ 2.90 Lenovo HD Graphics 5500 12 gigs 
Hard DriveOS
Samsung 250g SSD Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7662 of 15931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuartambient View Post

Does the sound dampening in the R4's really make a difference?
When I open the front door I really notice a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke88 View Post

anyone knows the power led size of the fractal r4 ?
3mm or 5mm ?
I want to remove it altogether. It's way too bright.
post #7663 of 15931
Quote:
Originally Posted by .theMetal View Post

appreciate it thumb.gif Its a razer goliathus extended edition its the smooth speed version. I love it it doesn't move around at all.

I have the "Control Edition" Love that thing! thumb.gif

SN|PER
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k 4.5GHz Gigabyte Z77 Sniper 3 GTX 1080 FE 16GB Mushkin Blackline  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
(2x) 240GB SSD  Corsair H115i Windows 10 40" LG 1080p  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K65 RGB CoolerMaster 1000w Gold Corsair 450D Steelseries Sensei Wireless 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 9HD Steelseries Siberia V3 Prism 
  hide details  
Reply
SN|PER
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k 4.5GHz Gigabyte Z77 Sniper 3 GTX 1080 FE 16GB Mushkin Blackline  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
(2x) 240GB SSD  Corsair H115i Windows 10 40" LG 1080p  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K65 RGB CoolerMaster 1000w Gold Corsair 450D Steelseries Sensei Wireless 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 9HD Steelseries Siberia V3 Prism 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7664 of 15931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke88 View Post

thank you so much..

anyway, here's my r4
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
hVuI7iRl.jpg

Beautiful. What RAM is that. Pretty vain of me but I really like the white lol
   
Sith Lord
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Asus z170 Pro Gaming Aura Asus Strix GTX 1080 AURA 16GB Adata XPG DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Adata 480 gb ssd Asetek 550lc LG 34 inch Ultrawide Corsair k65 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA G2 650 Phanteks enthoo luxe Steelseries RIval 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3750k ASRock z77 Extreme 4 gtx 780 8gb AVEXIR 1886 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Nuetron GTX Wester Digital Green 1tb Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Shimain Achieva 27' 2560x1440 IPS display KingWin 850w 80 platinum Corsair 540 Air 1000w Automatic Voltage Regulator 
OtherOther
tp-link 3 x Phanteks F-140TS 140mm Fans (white) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon e3 1231 v3 MSI z97s Krait Edition EVGA GTX 780 ACX2.0 Team Elite Plus 8 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Sandisk 480 gb ssd Be Quiet shadow lp EVGA 700b NZXT S340 Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
   
Sith Lord
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Asus z170 Pro Gaming Aura Asus Strix GTX 1080 AURA 16GB Adata XPG DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Adata 480 gb ssd Asetek 550lc LG 34 inch Ultrawide Corsair k65 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA G2 650 Phanteks enthoo luxe Steelseries RIval 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3750k ASRock z77 Extreme 4 gtx 780 8gb AVEXIR 1886 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Nuetron GTX Wester Digital Green 1tb Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Shimain Achieva 27' 2560x1440 IPS display KingWin 850w 80 platinum Corsair 540 Air 1000w Automatic Voltage Regulator 
OtherOther
tp-link 3 x Phanteks F-140TS 140mm Fans (white) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon e3 1231 v3 MSI z97s Krait Edition EVGA GTX 780 ACX2.0 Team Elite Plus 8 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Sandisk 480 gb ssd Be Quiet shadow lp EVGA 700b NZXT S340 Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7665 of 15931
For the R4, is mounting an H100i on top or in front better? Not in a push pull, just 2 fans.
post #7666 of 15931
Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post

Beautiful. What RAM is that. Pretty vain of me but I really like the white lol
Looks like Corsair Vengeance LP White
post #7667 of 15931
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarCCX View Post

When I open the front door I really notice a difference.
.

Well so the thing is I just setup an Arc Midi 2 and it's comparatively quiet to other cases here (6 fans 140-120) . Now I was thinking of another one but if the DR4 was quieter then maybe that would be a better choice.
post #7668 of 15931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuartambient View Post

Well so the thing is I just setup an Arc Midi 2 and it's comparatively quiet to other cases here (6 fans 140-120) . Now I was thinking of another one but if the DR4 was quieter then maybe that would be a better choice.

Or you could do the best of both worlds... an Arc Midi R2 with sound dampening material installed prior to assembly:



I used SilverStone Sound Dampening Acoustic EP0M Silent Foam SF01. Is it more silent than without the foam? I didn't do a before and after comparison, so I can't really say. However, this is definitely the quietest computer that I've ever built and it's not my first foray into watercooling.

I've installed the foam onto all exposed surfaces of both doors, the bottom of the case, the bottom of the 5¼ drive bay, and various other small exposed surfaces.
Edited by ScottAllyn - 5/10/13 at 5:17pm
post #7669 of 15931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn View Post

It has a 140mm fan. Under full load, the Gentle Typhoons are all that I hear, so I can safely say that it's less noisy than a GT AP15. As I sit here typing this, the power supply fan is not even spinning. Quoting corsair:

Ah. My 850w tx never stops spinning.. Although it could be worse I suppose. The fan doesn't really ramp up at all, if at all under full load. It's been going for three years so I got my monies worth biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles View Post

For the R4, is mounting an H100i on top or in front better? Not in a push pull, just 2 fans.

I would try it on the bottom of the case, if it fits, drill a bunch more holes to get maximum air flow. That way you could maybe get one or two in the front with no obstruction. thumb.gif
Edited by beans444 - 5/10/13 at 5:20pm
post #7670 of 15931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn View Post

Or you could do the best of both worlds... an Arc Midi R2 with sound dampening material installed prior to assembly:



I used SilverStone Sound Dampening Acoustic EP0M Silent Foam SF01. Is it more silent than without the foam? I didn't do a before and after comparison, so I can't really say. However, this is definitely the quietest computer that I've ever built and it's not my first foray into watercooling.

I've installed the foam onto all exposed surfaces of both doors, the bottom of the case, the bottom of the 5¼ drive bay, and various other small exposed surfaces.

Sounds good. I'm going to look into it. Thank you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club