Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 831

post #8301 of 16061
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere View Post

Well this is my first post and my first computer build.

I used the arc midi R2 and here are the results. Pictures were taken with an iPhone so it's a bit yucky.





cpu: Haswell i5-4670k
mobo: msi z87-g45 gaming
cpu cooler: corsair h60
ram: corsair vengeance 8gb
psu: xfx pro 750w pro core edition
case: arc midi r2
hdd: seagate barracuda 1tb
graphics card: ??? debating between getting a 760 or a 770.

Very Serious looking. thumb.gif

I would get a 760, then get another. 2 x 760s can be faster than a single Titan.
post #8302 of 16061
Quote:
Originally Posted by onin1911 View Post

Very Serious looking. thumb.gif

I would get a 760, then get another. 2 x 760s can be faster than a single Titan.
I would go with the 770. The 760 performs slightly under a 670 but the 770 will outdo the 670 & I know I wouldnt want anything less than a 670. I have two ftw 670s and wouldnt think about going down a notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum26 View Post

Can someone explain the differences between the Arc Midi R2 and the Define R4 please?
The midi r2 has offset holes naturally up top for the rad. mount, but most people use the offset holes that are part of the grill on the r4 as well so the thickness of radiator you can fit is the same, however the midi has a mount for a 360 rad whereas the define is a 240. Also the midi has smoked plexi and no door on the front.
Edited by gdubc - 7/10/13 at 9:22pm
Fractal Formula
(23 items)
 
Corsair
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Formula GTX 670 FTW G.Skill Trident 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ocz vector ocz vertex III western Digital Black Western Digital Scorpio Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS BDRW NZXT Kraken X40 Bgears B Blaster 140 fans 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Arctic F14 140mm fans Corsair AF140 Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony kds60a3000 (har har) Tte Sports  Corsair AX860i Fractal Define R4 
MouseAudioOther
Tt eSPORTS THERON MO-TRN006DT Pioneer Elite Home Theater Setup iStarUSA BPU-126-SA-SAGE25P sataIII hot swap cage 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asus p8z77v deluxe GTX 670FTW g.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel 330  Kingston Hyper x 3k  ocz vertex 3 lite-on dvdrw iHAS524-98 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Zalman cnps20lq  Corsair sp120 High performance Coolermaster 120mm blue led   Zalman 120mm pwm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair sp120 high performance Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  Panasonic 42ST30 1080p 3D HDTV Corsair ax850 
Case
Corsair C70 Vengeance 
  hide details  
Reply
Fractal Formula
(23 items)
 
Corsair
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Formula GTX 670 FTW G.Skill Trident 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ocz vector ocz vertex III western Digital Black Western Digital Scorpio Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS BDRW NZXT Kraken X40 Bgears B Blaster 140 fans 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Arctic F14 140mm fans Corsair AF140 Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony kds60a3000 (har har) Tte Sports  Corsair AX860i Fractal Define R4 
MouseAudioOther
Tt eSPORTS THERON MO-TRN006DT Pioneer Elite Home Theater Setup iStarUSA BPU-126-SA-SAGE25P sataIII hot swap cage 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asus p8z77v deluxe GTX 670FTW g.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel 330  Kingston Hyper x 3k  ocz vertex 3 lite-on dvdrw iHAS524-98 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Zalman cnps20lq  Corsair sp120 High performance Coolermaster 120mm blue led   Zalman 120mm pwm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair sp120 high performance Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  Panasonic 42ST30 1080p 3D HDTV Corsair ax850 
Case
Corsair C70 Vengeance 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8303 of 16061
Hello Everyone,

I am very happy to read all the suggestions and posting (it will take me a while to catch up).

For a while now I spend several hours a day researching the net and read countless reviews on various products with ultimate goal to build a system that will be powerful enough to play the latest games (not necessary on ultra settings) and silent enough to not give anyone in the family a headache.

My overall budget need to be ~<=$1600 with a GPU that is ~$400

On this first phase will build that great system and later buy better keyboard, mousepad, speakers, headphones, second monitor) and much later more RAM and even a second GPU (or better one)

Since my mind is set on the Fractal R4 with a window, I am concerned of how it will look (open for any suggestions)

Let me say why I picked these components so far:

I picked the sabertooth because of the updated version, the 5 years warranty and the quality of the board that want me to last for many years. On the other hand the Gigabyte board in newegg showed so many issues by many customers that complained it wasn't a good board with many problems.

On the Ram most of these boards are having a max of 32gb and my thinking is to load now to 16gb and later add just the rest. If I load 8gb now, I'll have to throw them away (or keep them to max up to 24...). Also read somewhere that 16gb is a good choice for the 8350 and good investment for the future.

On the GPU many said that is one of the best to buy. I would like to have some options when I am ready to place the order to pick what might be on sale. Maybe a 7970…

I plan to use the quieter sp fans by moving the included fractal from rear to front. replace the H100i with the SP and place the old ones one on the rear and one of the bottom.

Btw, since I am plan to use the H100i on the top of the case, does that compromise the noise levels a lot? Or not to worry about it.

After all, with all these fans, I was thinking to control the front fans and the bottom with the case controller. Do you guys suggest a different way to control the fans? (h100i I have a build in software but not sure if I can connect more fans into it).

What you guys think?
Here is my proposed build so far:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($103.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($135.98 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($409.99 @ NCIX US)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N180UBE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($110.98 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm Fans ($27.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic X Series 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($166.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Lite-On SK-1788/BS Wired Standard Keyboard ($12.98 @ Newegg)
Other: Rosewill RTK-002 Anti-Static Wrist Strap (4.99)
Other: Black E-3lue E-Blue Cobra EMS109BK 1600 DPI LED Light USB Wired Gaming Mouse (7.68)
Other: NZXT Technologies 5.25-Inch Hue RGB LED Color Changing Controller (8c-hue0000-00b) (28.19)
Other: Belkin Standard Mouse Pad 200 X 250 X 3MM (0.80)
Total: $1615.82
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-10 20:46 EDT-0400)
Edited by DionTheGreek - 7/10/13 at 5:54pm
post #8304 of 16061
Quote:
Originally Posted by DionTheGreek View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hello Everyone,

I am very happy to read all the suggestions and posting (it will take me a while to catch up).

For a while now I spend several hours a day researching the net and read countless reviews on various products with ultimate goal to build a system that will be powerful enough to play the latest games (not necessary on ultra settings) and silent enough to not give anyone in the family a headache.

My overall budget need to be ~<=$1600 with a GPU that is ~$400

On this first phase will build that great system and later buy better keyboard, mousepad, speakers, headphones, second monitor) and much later more RAM and even a second GPU (or better one)

Since my mind is set on the Fractal R4 with a window, I am concerned of how it will look (open for any suggestions)

Let me say why I picked these components so far:

I picked the sabertooth because of the updated version, the 5 years warranty and the quality of the board that want me to last for many years. On the other hand the Gigabyte board in newegg showed so many issues by many customers that complained it wasn't a good board with many problems.

On the Ram most of these boards are having a max of 32gb and my thinking is to load now to 16gb and later add just the rest. If I load 8gb now, I'll have to throw them away (or keep them to max up to 24...). Also read somewhere that 16gb is a good choice for the 8350 and good investment for the future.

On the GPU many said that is one of the best to buy. I would like to have some options when I am ready to place the order to pick what might be on sale. Maybe a 7970…

I plan to use the quieter sp fans by moving the included fractal from rear to front. replace the H100i with the SP and place the old ones one on the rear and one of the bottom.

Btw, since I am plan to use the H100i on the top of the case, does that compromise the noise levels a lot? Or not to worry about it.

After all, with all these fans, I was thinking to control the front fans and the bottom with the case controller. Do you guys suggest a different way to control the fans? (h100i I have a build in software but not sure if I can connect more fans into it).

What you guys think?
Here is my proposed build so far:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($103.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($135.98 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($409.99 @ NCIX US)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N180UBE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($110.98 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm Fans ($27.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic X Series 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($166.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Lite-On SK-1788/BS Wired Standard Keyboard ($12.98 @ Newegg)
Other: Rosewill RTK-002 Anti-Static Wrist Strap (4.99)
Other: Black E-3lue E-Blue Cobra EMS109BK 1600 DPI LED Light USB Wired Gaming Mouse (7.68)
Other: NZXT Technologies 5.25-Inch Hue RGB LED Color Changing Controller (8c-hue0000-00b) (28.19)
Other: Belkin Standard Mouse Pad 200 X 250 X 3MM (0.80)
Total: $1615.82
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-10 20:46 EDT-0400)


Be careful with the H100 and the r4. The top position is motherboard dependent based on the heatsinks and memory.
Edited by Vash101 - 7/11/13 at 7:03am
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 evga gtx 970 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Red Samsung 830  WD Green Samsung 840 Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H100i v2 Windows 7 Profesional 64 Dell UltraSharp U2412M Dell UltraSharp U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCase
g710/g13 Corsair AX850 Case Labs BH7 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 evga gtx 970 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Red Samsung 830  WD Green Samsung 840 Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H100i v2 Windows 7 Profesional 64 Dell UltraSharp U2412M Dell UltraSharp U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCase
g710/g13 Corsair AX850 Case Labs BH7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8305 of 16061
Hey guys, I have a question regarding this case.

I am trying to figure out a case for watercooling my next rig, my plan is two radiators (240mm top/front) But I really need two mechanical drives... but i also wanted to use a tube style reservoir making me wonder how I could fit two mechanical drives still? I know the case supports long graphics cards and most graphics cards are typically not nearly as long as they used to be but still i have a feeling if i used the drive cage and moved it over so i could fit the radiator it would get in the way of the cards? I am planning dual gtx 770's
post #8306 of 16061
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S121 View Post

Hey guys, I have a question regarding this case.

I am trying to figure out a case for watercooling my next rig, my plan is two radiators (240mm top/front) But I really need two mechanical drives... but i also wanted to use a tube style reservoir making me wonder how I could fit two mechanical drives still? I know the case supports long graphics cards and most graphics cards are typically not nearly as long as they used to be but still i have a feeling if i used the drive cage and moved it over so i could fit the radiator it would get in the way of the cards? I am planning dual gtx 770's
There is an option you can go with when using the Arc Midi R2 case.
Evercool HD-AR-RBK HDD Cooling Box for Three 3.5 HDD or Four 2.5 HDD. It fits the dual 5.25" bay.
Now the 80mm fan it comes with is terrible, and should be replaced.
I have tried it in my case and it works fine.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817995073&Tpk=Evercool%20HD-AR-RBK&IsVirtualParent=1

This way you will have all the room needed in the front as you can remove the HDD cages completely.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8307 of 16061
The way that I mounted the rads and tube res in my r4 I still got one of the HDD units to fit. So that was a potential for 2 HDD. only two because screws were in the way for a third. Quick look at the midi r2 and you could do the same. http://www.overclock.net/t/1395276/build-log-water-cooled-define-r4#post_20247083 is my build log. I haven't updated it yet. But I fit a 280 sr1 in the front. I plan on getting some pics when I have the time.
Edited by andyv - 7/11/13 at 1:30am
post #8308 of 16061
Quote:
Originally Posted by DionTheGreek View Post

Hello Everyone,

Welcome,

Sabertooth boards are generally overpriced. Also you don't need an antistatic wrist, just touch the metal part of your case before starting the assembly and make sure that the PC is not on an ESD-sensitive material (e.g carpet).

Looking at your budget and for the latest games you should be looking at an Intel i5 which is an higher performer in-game (not an i7 since it's just i5 with Hyperthreading and games mostly don't benefit from heavy multithreading).
8GB of memory is already way overkill by today standards for gaming, so I would stick with that.

Now regarding the SSD, that Kingston is getting outdated which means it's not the best bang/buck you can get. The Sandisk Ultra Plus is cheaper and if you look at real-world benchmarks it's a slightly better performer so I would take that into consideration vs. the raw numbers.

Lastly I changed the PSU to a Seasonic G-550 wich is a great unit and has the right wattage for the rig.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($100.25 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.63 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($66.61 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($409.99 @ NCIX US)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N180UBE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($110.98 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm Fans ($27.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Lite-On SK-1788/BS Wired Standard Keyboard ($12.98 @ Newegg)
Other: Black E-3lue E-Blue Cobra EMS109BK 1600 DPI LED Light USB Wired Gaming Mouse (7.68)
Other: NZXT Technologies 5.25-Inch Hue RGB LED Color Changing Controller (8c-hue0000-00b) (28.19)
Other: Belkin Standard Mouse Pad 200 X 250 X 3MM (0.80)
Total: $1385.37
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-11 04:45 EDT-0400)
Ti-89 Titanium
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Motorola 68k @16 MHz Ti-89 HW4 256 KB 2.6 MB Flash ROM 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Ti-89 OS 3.10 LCD Dot-Matrix 160x100 4x 1.5V AAA Ti-89 HW4 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core™ i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R 2.0 Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC G.Skill RX 2x4GB 1600C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
PNY Prevail Elite 120GB Hitachi 7K1000.C 1TB LG GH24LS50 Noctua NH-C12P SE14 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Pro x64 Lubuntu 13.10 x64 Samsung BX2250 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Be Quiet! S.P. E⁷ 600W Fractal Design Core 3000 Logitech G300 AKG K240 Studio 
  hide details  
Reply
Ti-89 Titanium
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Motorola 68k @16 MHz Ti-89 HW4 256 KB 2.6 MB Flash ROM 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Ti-89 OS 3.10 LCD Dot-Matrix 160x100 4x 1.5V AAA Ti-89 HW4 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core™ i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R 2.0 Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC G.Skill RX 2x4GB 1600C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
PNY Prevail Elite 120GB Hitachi 7K1000.C 1TB LG GH24LS50 Noctua NH-C12P SE14 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Pro x64 Lubuntu 13.10 x64 Samsung BX2250 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Be Quiet! S.P. E⁷ 600W Fractal Design Core 3000 Logitech G300 AKG K240 Studio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8309 of 16061
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdubc View Post

I would go with the 770. The 760 performs slightly under a 670 but the 770 will outdo the 670 & I know I wouldnt want anything less than a 670. I have two ftw 670s and wouldnt think about going down a notch.
The midi r2 has offset holes naturally up top for the rad. mount, but most people use the offset holes that are part of the grill on the r4 as well so the thickness of radiator you can fit is the same, however the midi has a mount for a 360 rad whereas the define is a 240. Also the midi has smoked plexi and no door on the front.

Thank you! thumb.gif
post #8310 of 16061
Quote:
Originally Posted by DionTheGreek View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hello Everyone,

I am very happy to read all the suggestions and posting (it will take me a while to catch up).

For a while now I spend several hours a day researching the net and read countless reviews on various products with ultimate goal to build a system that will be powerful enough to play the latest games (not necessary on ultra settings) and silent enough to not give anyone in the family a headache.

My overall budget need to be ~<=$1600 with a GPU that is ~$400

On this first phase will build that great system and later buy better keyboard, mousepad, speakers, headphones, second monitor) and much later more RAM and even a second GPU (or better one)

Since my mind is set on the Fractal R4 with a window, I am concerned of how it will look (open for any suggestions)

Let me say why I picked these components so far:

I picked the sabertooth because of the updated version, the 5 years warranty and the quality of the board that want me to last for many years. On the other hand the Gigabyte board in newegg showed so many issues by many customers that complained it wasn't a good board with many problems.

On the Ram most of these boards are having a max of 32gb and my thinking is to load now to 16gb and later add just the rest. If I load 8gb now, I'll have to throw them away (or keep them to max up to 24...). Also read somewhere that 16gb is a good choice for the 8350 and good investment for the future.

On the GPU many said that is one of the best to buy. I would like to have some options when I am ready to place the order to pick what might be on sale. Maybe a 7970…

I plan to use the quieter sp fans by moving the included fractal from rear to front. replace the H100i with the SP and place the old ones one on the rear and one of the bottom.

Btw, since I am plan to use the H100i on the top of the case, does that compromise the noise levels a lot? Or not to worry about it.

After all, with all these fans, I was thinking to control the front fans and the bottom with the case controller. Do you guys suggest a different way to control the fans? (h100i I have a build in software but not sure if I can connect more fans into it).

What you guys think?
Here is my proposed build so far:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($103.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($135.98 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($409.99 @ NCIX US)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N180UBE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($110.98 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm Fans ($27.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic X Series 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($166.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Lite-On SK-1788/BS Wired Standard Keyboard ($12.98 @ Newegg)
Other: Rosewill RTK-002 Anti-Static Wrist Strap (4.99)
Other: Black E-3lue E-Blue Cobra EMS109BK 1600 DPI LED Light USB Wired Gaming Mouse (7.68)
Other: NZXT Technologies 5.25-Inch Hue RGB LED Color Changing Controller (8c-hue0000-00b) (28.19)
Other: Belkin Standard Mouse Pad 200 X 250 X 3MM (0.80)
Total: $1615.82
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-10 20:46 EDT-0400)

850 watts is overkill even with two video cards
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 x2 Dali Opticon 1 
AudioOtherOther
Dali E12 F Subwoofer CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 x2 Dali Opticon 1 
AudioOtherOther
Dali E12 F Subwoofer CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club