Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 893

post #8921 of 15941
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelkevin View Post

100% with shilka on this one.

If you've never seen people put their fans the way you intend to you should trust that it's for a good reason.
I think you really worry too much about dust too.

Using three 120mm radiators is also an odd choice considering two 240mm radiators would be easier to set up, less restrictive, about the same price if not even cheaper and wouldn't hide your motherboard so much.
Is that going to be a GPU only loop ? Do you have plans for pump / res placement ?
Those radiators come from three "CLC's".
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Hot air goes up its physics
The point of this airflow would be to not have hot air inside the case.

Even if there would be any air inside the case which is a few degrees hotter than the ambient temps, the speed/power of the convective heat transfer is very weak compared to three ~1100 rpm fans.

But don't get me wrong, I posted this in here to get criticism.
post #8922 of 15941
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshu View Post

Here's my plan when i receive my Arc Midi R2:

You should consider mounting all of your radiators at the top and back of the case exhausting all of the hot air. And use the front two fans and bottom fan for cool air intake. We all know hot air rises, and I understand your concept that since most of the heat is being fed to radiators and blown out of the case. That sucking in cool air from the top could flush the case with cool air. Tho I am not sure how effective that is going to be, considering regardless of your CPU and GPU(s) being waterblocked. They are still going to put off heat at the source. So you should expect to still have a bit of heat accumulation in your case. You could also keep the same setup that you have in the diagram. The only thing I would change is make the bottom fan pull in cool air to feed the front radiators. And move the rear radiator to the top, and have the rear fan sucking in to feed that radiator with cool air. Then have all of the other top fans exhausting any potential hot air accumulating in the case. Tho I think putting all of the radiators at the top and exhausting the hot air is the best solution. Cool air in, hot air out.
The Beast
(13 items)
 
Sero 7 Pro
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10-6800k ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 ASUS HD 5870 8GB AMD Radeon™ RP1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
60GB SSDNow V300 LG 24X FX Liquid Loop Windows 8 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2009m Logitech K120 Fractal Tesla R2 650W Fractal Arc Midi R2 
Mouse
HP Modguo 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Nvidia Tegra3 ULP GeForce 1 GB 8 GB 
OSMonitorPowerAudio
Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) 7" IPS @ 1280×800 4000 mAh Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast
(13 items)
 
Sero 7 Pro
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10-6800k ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 ASUS HD 5870 8GB AMD Radeon™ RP1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
60GB SSDNow V300 LG 24X FX Liquid Loop Windows 8 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2009m Logitech K120 Fractal Tesla R2 650W Fractal Arc Midi R2 
Mouse
HP Modguo 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Nvidia Tegra3 ULP GeForce 1 GB 8 GB 
OSMonitorPowerAudio
Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) 7" IPS @ 1280×800 4000 mAh Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8923 of 15941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opcode View Post

You should consider mounting all of your radiators at the top and back of the case exhausting all of the hot air. And use the front two fans and bottom fan for cool air intake. We all know hot air rises, and I understand your concept that since most of the heat is being fed to radiators and blown out of the case. That sucking in cool air from the top could flush the case with cool air. Tho I am not sure how effective that is going to be, considering regardless of your CPU and GPU(s) being waterblocked. They are still going to put off heat at the source. So you should expect to still have a bit of heat accumulation in your case. You could also keep the same setup that you have in the diagram. The only thing I would change is make the bottom fan pull in cool air to feed the front radiators. And move the rear radiator to the top, and have the rear fan sucking in to feed that radiator with cool air. Then have all of the other top fans exhausting any potential hot air accumulating in the case. Tho I think putting all of the radiators at the top and exhausting the hot air is the best solution. Cool air in, hot air out.

Thank you, great ideas!

My concept might very well fail completely, but I have to try first. tongue.gif

Here's my current setup in a Define R3: (which gets a little too hot, imo)



Note: The length of the CLC tubing is a restriction (330mm). Bottom GPU won't reach the top of the case...
Edited by oshu - 8/22/13 at 1:50pm
post #8924 of 15941
So... I shouldn't be worried about negative airflow?
post #8925 of 15941
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshu View Post

Here's my plan when i receive my Arc Midi R2:

That is bad. Why go with 120mm fans, when you can use 140mm.
The fan in the front top, is inside the OD bay, and not needed.
Same goes for the bottom 140mm fan, should be better off as intake.
Front might have issues with spacing, as you want to run 2x 120mm rad? What kind of cooling you doing?
As the front fans are side by side, so no clearance in between.

As for rads pushing air out from the front, that is not a problem. Been done many times with little or no issues in temps or performance.
Having top as intake is more than fine.
Edited by Sp33d Junki3 - 8/22/13 at 2:29pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8926 of 15941
I've just ordered an Arc Midi R2, should arrive sometime next week. Also got a Hyper 212 EVO for the CPU.

Since everything is aircooled, what would be you recommended setups? I don't plan on buying any other fans, but if they would massively improve temps I might.

I was going to remove the top HDD cage and move the top exhaust to the middle and make it an intake, but otherwise I've not got a clue. the case itself was stretching my budget, so don't want to go overboard buying big fans.
post #8927 of 15941
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshu View Post

Thank you, great ideas!

My concept might very well fail completely, but I have to try first. tongue.gif

Here's my current setup in a Define R3: (which gets a little too hot, imo)



Note: The length of the CLC tubing is a restriction (330mm). Bottom GPU won't reach the top of the case...
Imo even this would be a better setup than what you got going on in your first post. And it allows you to route everything just like you already have it, other than the CPU radiator which shouldn't be an issue to mount anywhere up top (same distance).



Edit: Noticed tho it might create a hot spot around your GPU's tho.
The Beast
(13 items)
 
Sero 7 Pro
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10-6800k ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 ASUS HD 5870 8GB AMD Radeon™ RP1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
60GB SSDNow V300 LG 24X FX Liquid Loop Windows 8 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2009m Logitech K120 Fractal Tesla R2 650W Fractal Arc Midi R2 
Mouse
HP Modguo 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Nvidia Tegra3 ULP GeForce 1 GB 8 GB 
OSMonitorPowerAudio
Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) 7" IPS @ 1280×800 4000 mAh Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast
(13 items)
 
Sero 7 Pro
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10-6800k ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 ASUS HD 5870 8GB AMD Radeon™ RP1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
60GB SSDNow V300 LG 24X FX Liquid Loop Windows 8 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2009m Logitech K120 Fractal Tesla R2 650W Fractal Arc Midi R2 
Mouse
HP Modguo 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Nvidia Tegra3 ULP GeForce 1 GB 8 GB 
OSMonitorPowerAudio
Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) 7" IPS @ 1280×800 4000 mAh Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8928 of 15941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

That is bad. Why go with 120mm fans, when you can use 140mm.
Most of the great 120mm fans are not made in 140mm versions sadly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

The fan in the front top, is inside the OD bay, and not needed.
5.25" bay removed ofc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

Same goes for the bottom 140mm fan, should be better off as intake.
Yepp, I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

Front might have issues with spacing, as you want to run 2x 120mm rad? What kind of cooling you doing?
As the front fans are side by side, so no clearance in between.
CLC's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

As for rads pushing air out from the front, that is not a problem. Been done many times with little or no issues in temps or performance.
Having top as intake is more than fine.
thumb.gif

Got a X58 chipset which runs hot. Don't want hot air around it.
post #8929 of 15941
Depending on the fan used, there is many good 140mm.
So you have to cut out the ODD bay, the fan in there is not lined up with the rest, its in the middle of the case.
The hoses from the CLC used would need to be off the sides of the case.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8930 of 15941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

Depending on the fan used, there is many good 140mm.
So you have to cut out the ODD bay, the fan in there is not lined up with the rest, its in the middle of the case.
The hoses from the CLC used would need to be off the sides of the case.
Yes, you just drill out a few rivets and the 5.25" bay comes off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club