Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 993

post #9921 of 16284
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulgarDisplay88 View Post

Nope.

The Arc Midi is roughly the same size as the Define R4.

The Arc Mini is roughly the same size as the Define Mini.

As far as I know they don't make a windowed panel that fit's the Mini series.

Except the Mini R2 but I don't think that is sold separately.

looks like im going to have to make a custom window.

never modded to that level before should i try it ? worriedsmiley.gif
post #9922 of 16284
Quote:
Originally Posted by phill1978 View Post

looks like im going to have to make a custom window.

never modded to that level before should i try it ? worriedsmiley.gif

It is one of the easiest mods to do wink.gif you will be fine thumb.gif
post #9923 of 16284
Quote:
Originally Posted by phill1978 View Post

looks like im going to have to make a custom window.

never modded to that level before should i try it ? worriedsmiley.gif

Do you own a dremel and feel comfortable with it.Take a look here if the answer is yes. Thanks

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l1/g42/Window_Kits.html?id=exAcN2HE
post #9924 of 16284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jflisk View Post

Do you own a dremel and feel comfortable with it.Take a look here if the answer is yes. Thanks

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l1/g42/Window_Kits.html?id=exAcN2HE

Or a Jig saw is better if you got 1...mnpctech has some good tutorials
post #9925 of 16284
Hi guys,

i had a idea for R4 Define case and would like input. I will have only one ssd, hdd and optical drive. So i thought, to open up the space between where lower hdd cage is at,
i could remove it, install the one hdd at the second optical bay and the ssd at back of the case.

It sounds great to me, so i want to see if anyone has done this or have any constructive comments.
I am aware it will be a hassel to remove the ssd later on if i have to, but that's fine by me.
post #9926 of 16284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rar4f View Post

Hi guys,

i had a idea for R4 Define case and would like input. I will have only one ssd, hdd and optical drive. So i thought, to open up the space between where lower hdd cage is at,
i could remove it, install the one hdd at the second optical bay and the ssd at back of the case.

It sounds great to me, so i want to see if anyone has done this or have any constructive comments.
I am aware it will be a hassel to remove the ssd later on if i have to, but that's fine by me.

 

I already have plans to do this if I can be bothered to move everything. I'm upgrading to an 8320 soon and if I can snag a cheap DH-14/Silver Arrow or good 240mm/280mm CLC on black friday I'll be rearrange my case to improve airflow.

 

If you don't see yourself changing the SSD anytime soon then why not?

post #9927 of 16284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moragg View Post

I already have plans to do this if I can be bothered to move everything. I'm upgrading to an 8320 soon and if I can snag a cheap DH-14/Silver Arrow or good 240mm/280mm CLC on black friday I'll be rearrange my case to improve airflow.

If you don't see yourself changing the SSD anytime soon then why not?
I guess i was worried about SSD's temperature. But i guess that's just paranoia.
post #9928 of 16284

I can't comment on that, but I don't expect it would be an issue. That said, it is effort and I suspect kind of pointless unless you at least install a fan in the front lower position.

post #9929 of 16284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rar4f View Post

I guess i was worried about SSD's temperature. But i guess that's just paranoia.

I've got 2 Samsung 830's behind the motherboard of my R4 and they don't go above 30 degrees so you'll be fine.
Black Z170
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 6600K MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON MSI GeForce GTX 1080 SEA HAWK X 8GB 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black P... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB Samsung 750 EVO 500GB Samsung 750 EVO Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 6x 20mm EK Vardar F4-120ER Cooling Fans in Black 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Thermaltake Commander FP Windows 10 Pro 64-bit QPAD MK-90 RGB Pro 850W EVGA Supernova P2 with EVGA Black Braided ... 
CaseMouseOther
Fractal Design Define C QPAD 8K Pro 3x 30cm Silverstone Ultra Slim SATA cables 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Z170
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 6600K MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON MSI GeForce GTX 1080 SEA HAWK X 8GB 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black P... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB Samsung 750 EVO 500GB Samsung 750 EVO Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 6x 20mm EK Vardar F4-120ER Cooling Fans in Black 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Thermaltake Commander FP Windows 10 Pro 64-bit QPAD MK-90 RGB Pro 850W EVGA Supernova P2 with EVGA Black Braided ... 
CaseMouseOther
Fractal Design Define C QPAD 8K Pro 3x 30cm Silverstone Ultra Slim SATA cables 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9930 of 16284
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulgarDisplay88 View Post

I've got 2 Samsung 830's behind the motherboard of my R4 and they don't go above 30 degrees so you'll be fine.
I love you !thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club