Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD Radeon HD 6850/6870 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD Radeon HD 6850/6870 Owners Thread - Page 441

post #4401 of 6939
Greetings to my BARTs LE siblings, from a "little brother" 6790 owner! Is calling this card a "6700" series the worst naming regiment ever or what? It should have been called a 6830 or something similar, but oh well, some marketing guy decided to group them with the 6700s. Not to mention the confusion between 6790 and 6970- that is endless fun with typos in forums.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4402 of 6939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
Greetings to my BARTs LE siblings, from a "little brother" 6790 owner! Is calling this card a "6700" series the worst naming regiment ever or what? It should have been called a 6830 or something similar, but oh well, some marketing guy decided to group them with the 6700s. Not to mention the confusion between 6790 and 6970- that is endless fun with typos in forums.
You my dear friend, are correct.
6790 is a Barts core so I dont know why in hell did AMD name it 6790...
Would make alot more sense if it were 6830
They changed the name scheme on the 6000 series so...
post #4403 of 6939
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3beatz View Post
Try 11.10 ver 3 and CAP4 that might do the trick... I worked for me until my bottom card started crapping out on me, now I have to try and send it back to Sapphire for the warrenty. I've only had it for about 4-5 months.
+1
Thanks cap4 did the trick solid 60fps on bf3 ultra settings everything maxed but motion blur off.(hate it)
cards are clocked at 970/1125
temps have maxed at 63c .The a/c is turned off.
Edited by smoke420 - 10/30/11 at 1:19pm
my rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz c3@3.8 1.48 MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 x2 ASUS EAH6850  Crucial Ballistix Blue led 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital 1tb 7200rpm Corsair H50 Push/Pull (external rad) Ultra U12-40659 Carbon X4 shin-etsu thermal com... windows 7 ult,Ubuntu,xp mc edition 
MonitorPowerCase
acer 22" 1080p CORSAIR 850tx HAF 932 3x230mm 11x120mm 
  hide details  
Reply
my rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz c3@3.8 1.48 MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 x2 ASUS EAH6850  Crucial Ballistix Blue led 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital 1tb 7200rpm Corsair H50 Push/Pull (external rad) Ultra U12-40659 Carbon X4 shin-etsu thermal com... windows 7 ult,Ubuntu,xp mc edition 
MonitorPowerCase
acer 22" 1080p CORSAIR 850tx HAF 932 3x230mm 11x120mm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4404 of 6939
Can I have in?

SAPPHIRE 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB
I have overclocked it a little.



Also, since BF3 has been a discussion above… I only get around 45 fps average (max is 60+ but only when there's no action) with drops as low as 24 with everything at high except shadows (low) and motion blur turned off, 0xAA, 4xAF at 1440x900. Even with everything on low it still drops to <35 once in a while.
I've been using a program called Dxtory to cap my fps at 35 so I can play it without any spikes.

Is my CPU bottlenecking it? Is this normal for a 6870? (especially overclocked?)
I'm using the latest 11.10 preview drivers.

Specs are in my signature.
Edited by CaptainIcy - 10/30/11 at 1:37pm
Echoes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K (Stock 3.4GHz) MSI Z77A-G41 PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 MYST. Edition (Tahiti... 8GB G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
320GB Western Digital 7200RPM 700GB 7200RPM 64-bit Windows 8 Professional 19" Samsung SyncMaster 931BW 
MouseMouse Pad
CM Storm Spawn XTRAC PADS Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
Echoes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K (Stock 3.4GHz) MSI Z77A-G41 PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 MYST. Edition (Tahiti... 8GB G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
320GB Western Digital 7200RPM 700GB 7200RPM 64-bit Windows 8 Professional 19" Samsung SyncMaster 931BW 
MouseMouse Pad
CM Storm Spawn XTRAC PADS Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4405 of 6939
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIcy View Post
Can I have in?

SAPPHIRE 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB
I have overclocked it a little.



Also, since BF3 has been a discussion above… I only get around 45 fps average (max is 60+ but only when there's no action) with drops as low as 24 with everything at high except shadows (low) and motion blur turned off, 0xAA, 4xAF at 1440x900. Even with everything on low it still drops to <35 once in a while.
I've been using a program called Dxtory to cap my fps at 35 so I can play it without any spikes.

Is my CPU bottlenecking it? Is this normal for a 6870? (especially overclocked?)
I'm using the latest 11.10 preview drivers.

Specs are in my signature.
hmm seems a bit strange with that resolution that the fps still drops on low. maybe try a stable driver and see if you get the same problem
myrig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 XFX RX480 GTR 2x8GB Gskill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 H2O Win7 64bit Optoma Beamer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry G80-3000LPCEU-0 Corsair 850W HAF-X Roccat Tyon 
AudioAudio
Onkyo TX-RZ900 Magnat Shadow 209 + 213 
  hide details  
Reply
myrig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 XFX RX480 GTR 2x8GB Gskill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 H2O Win7 64bit Optoma Beamer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry G80-3000LPCEU-0 Corsair 850W HAF-X Roccat Tyon 
AudioAudio
Onkyo TX-RZ900 Magnat Shadow 209 + 213 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4406 of 6939
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIcy View Post
Can I have in?

SAPPHIRE 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB
I have overclocked it a little.



Also, since BF3 has been a discussion above… I only get around 45 fps average (max is 60+ but only when there's no action) with drops as low as 24 with everything at high except shadows (low) and motion blur turned off, 0xAA, 4xAF at 1440x900. Even with everything on low it still drops to <35 once in a while.
I've been using a program called Dxtory to cap my fps at 35 so I can play it without any spikes.

Is my CPU bottlenecking it? Is this normal for a 6870? (especially overclocked?)
I'm using the latest 11.10 preview drivers.

Specs are in my signature.
something is wrong you should get a solid 30fps and above settings maxed out at that res. try uninstalling your drivers running driver sweeper and reinstalling 11.10 preview version 3
my rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz c3@3.8 1.48 MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 x2 ASUS EAH6850  Crucial Ballistix Blue led 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital 1tb 7200rpm Corsair H50 Push/Pull (external rad) Ultra U12-40659 Carbon X4 shin-etsu thermal com... windows 7 ult,Ubuntu,xp mc edition 
MonitorPowerCase
acer 22" 1080p CORSAIR 850tx HAF 932 3x230mm 11x120mm 
  hide details  
Reply
my rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz c3@3.8 1.48 MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 x2 ASUS EAH6850  Crucial Ballistix Blue led 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital 1tb 7200rpm Corsair H50 Push/Pull (external rad) Ultra U12-40659 Carbon X4 shin-etsu thermal com... windows 7 ult,Ubuntu,xp mc edition 
MonitorPowerCase
acer 22" 1080p CORSAIR 850tx HAF 932 3x230mm 11x120mm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4407 of 6939
To all those running crossfire for BF3 and facing problems do this:
Uninstall all drivers and sweep them.
Install 11.10 preview 3
Restart into safe mode
Regedit> search for enableulps> change all the values to 0
Restart normally
Install Cap4
Restart again.

I bought a 2nd 6850 at the same time I pre-ordered BF3, its been giving me nothing but headaches.
Spent atleast 20h's trying to get them work in Crossfire, since I would only get artifacts/crash's/bsod's.
Even tested them both solo..
After installing 11.10 preview 3 and caps4 and doing the regedit fix I can finally game atlast!
post #4408 of 6939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
To all those running crossfire for BF3 and facing problems do this:
Uninstall all drivers and sweep them.
Install 11.10 preview 3
Restart into safe mode
Regedit> search for enableulps> change all the values to 0
Restart normally
Install Cap4
Restart again.

I bought a 2nd 6850 at the same time I pre-ordered BF3, its been giving me nothing but headaches.
Spent atleast 20h's trying to get them work in Crossfire, since I would only get artifacts/crash's/bsod's.
Even tested them both solo..
After installing 11.10 preview 3 and caps4 and doing the regedit fix I can finally game atlast!
why did you have to disable upls?
It only gives me problem with unofficial overclocking enabled.check to see if its on because that will cause all the problems you mentioned.well not the artifacts but the bsod and crashing.so if you have unofficial overclocking enabled and you dont overclock past 1000/1250 you dont need it so turn it off and leave upls on because it reduces minimum temps a lot.
my rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz c3@3.8 1.48 MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 x2 ASUS EAH6850  Crucial Ballistix Blue led 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital 1tb 7200rpm Corsair H50 Push/Pull (external rad) Ultra U12-40659 Carbon X4 shin-etsu thermal com... windows 7 ult,Ubuntu,xp mc edition 
MonitorPowerCase
acer 22" 1080p CORSAIR 850tx HAF 932 3x230mm 11x120mm 
  hide details  
Reply
my rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz c3@3.8 1.48 MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 x2 ASUS EAH6850  Crucial Ballistix Blue led 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital 1tb 7200rpm Corsair H50 Push/Pull (external rad) Ultra U12-40659 Carbon X4 shin-etsu thermal com... windows 7 ult,Ubuntu,xp mc edition 
MonitorPowerCase
acer 22" 1080p CORSAIR 850tx HAF 932 3x230mm 11x120mm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4409 of 6939
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke420 View Post
why did you have to disable upls?
It only gives me problem with unofficial overclocking enabled.check to see if its on because that will cause all the problems you mentioned.well not the artifacts but the bsod and crashing.so if you have unofficial overclocking enabled and you dont overclock past 1000/1250 you dont need it so turn it off and leave upls on because it reduces minimum temps a lot.
this was happening on stock, no OC on the cards.
also im not worried with min temps lol
post #4410 of 6939
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIcy View Post
Can I have in?

SAPPHIRE 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB
I have overclocked it a little.



Also, since BF3 has been a discussion above… I only get around 45 fps average (max is 60+ but only when there's no action) with drops as low as 24 with everything at high except shadows (low) and motion blur turned off, 0xAA, 4xAF at 1440x900. Even with everything on low it still drops to <35 once in a while.
I've been using a program called Dxtory to cap my fps at 35 so I can play it without any spikes.

Is my CPU bottlenecking it? Is this normal for a 6870? (especially overclocked?)
I'm using the latest 11.10 preview drivers.

Specs are in my signature.

Strange.. You should be getting more fps. I get dips to 35fps only and only on intense situations (2 tanks exploding in front of me followed by a firefight between 3-4 people) and this is usually caused by my cpu bottleneck. Everything on high. Shadows and effects Ultra. No AA. SSAO on. 1600x900 resolution. You might want to try using the 11.10 preview 3 drivers.

Edit: Also, your Quad should be enough. I doubt its the cause of the bottleneck.
Evil Pc of Evil
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom x2 555 3.5 Ghz unlocked to x3 Asrock 770DE3L Sapphire 6870 4 Gb (2x2) Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 250g WD Caviar Blue 300GB Samsung Windows 7 Ultimate Benq 2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Quickfire Huntkey 600w Antec 300 Cooler Master Storm Spawn 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
Evil Pc of Evil
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom x2 555 3.5 Ghz unlocked to x3 Asrock 770DE3L Sapphire 6870 4 Gb (2x2) Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 250g WD Caviar Blue 300GB Samsung Windows 7 Ultimate Benq 2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Quickfire Huntkey 600w Antec 300 Cooler Master Storm Spawn 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD Radeon HD 6850/6870 Owners Thread