Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 3 Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Battlefield 3 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 184

post #1831 of 52874
There is no reason for this game to exist if the MP isnt the main focus!
Afterburner
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme 4.5Ghz Asus X99 Pro SLI Titan Xp Kingston HyperX 16GB 2400 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3X Samsung 850 EVO 1TB WD 2TB Black DVD/RW Combo Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Dell 3415W 21:9 Das Keyboard Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-A77FA Logitech G9x Evga Titan Signature Pad DT 990 Creative Ti HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Afterburner
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme 4.5Ghz Asus X99 Pro SLI Titan Xp Kingston HyperX 16GB 2400 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3X Samsung 850 EVO 1TB WD 2TB Black DVD/RW Combo Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Dell 3415W 21:9 Das Keyboard Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-A77FA Logitech G9x Evga Titan Signature Pad DT 990 Creative Ti HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1832 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
I cancelled my preorder. With the lack of a clear understanding of the health system, lack of commander, limited classes, I'm much less enthusiastic about this being as fun to play as BF2...Plus with all this Call of Duty inspired focus on single player for all the console crapheads, I'm not expecting much out of the multiplayer.
I find it very hard to find any form of logic in this. You cancel a pre-order of what looks to be potentially one of the best multiplayer games ever, based on what, OCN opinions?

Do you think DICE don't know how to make a sequel to a game that they well know was made famous because of it's multiplayer? I was a die hard fan of B2 and i bet you anything this will be just a fun to play.

Have you done zero personal research on this game and only listened to teens make comments about what "they" want and expect? Do yourself a favor and listen to some interviews with the developers instead of opinionated teens.

You're just gonna re-order it again when it's out because you will see that it will be good, have some faith dude jeez. Also, you have seen ZERO multiplayer footage, a well informed decision you have made my friend.

If B3 ends up having crap multiplayer, I will send you one of my 580's.
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1833 of 52874
Killcam is stupid I rather have my commander scanning and looking for the enemy then spotting the little bastard and running for them (while all jets, helis and the rest of the army goes a backup)

BF2 is the best. I love the capture the flag idea and BF3 I hope just refreshes one of the best games ever. It's 2011 and I love playing bf2 from what 2002??? It's nuts to think they are going to stray much from the bf2 idea. I really don't like COD or bc series. Modern warfare did have me hooked on the story and I beat it twice over time. Bc2 was nonsense never even played multiplayer as it's not what I like..

I don't even like how there is a single player campaign bf series is all out war!!! It's the freedom bf gives u that is unmatched in any game. Even GTA doesn't come close (although it's right behind)
Edited by MGX1016 - 5/12/11 at 6:05pm
Workoholic REborn
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 12GB 1x4GB+1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series WD Black ASUS DVD+RW Sunbeam Twister 120 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate LG OLED65C7P Oculus Rift Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 620 Modular Lian Li V1020B G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
Workoholic REborn
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 12GB 1x4GB+1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series WD Black ASUS DVD+RW Sunbeam Twister 120 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate LG OLED65C7P Oculus Rift Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 620 Modular Lian Li V1020B G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1834 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpd1983 View Post
I find it very hard to find any form of logic in this. You cancel a pre-order of what looks to be potentially one of the best multiplayer games ever, based on what, OCN opinions?

Do you think DICE don't know how to make a sequel to a game that they well know was made famous because of it's multiplayer? I was a die hard fan of B2 and i bet you anything this will be just a fun to play.

Have you done zero personal research on this game and only listened to teens make comments about what "they" want and expect? Do yourself a favor and listen to some interviews with the developers instead of opinionated teens.

You're just gonna re-order it again when it's out because you will see that it will be good, have some faith dude jeez. Also, you have seen ZERO multiplayer footage, a well informed decision you have made my friend.

If B3 ends up having crap multiplayer, I will send you one of my 580's.
Um, hold on now. Based on OCN's opinions? These are my opinions bub. I don't want regenerative health, I don't want minimized simplified classes, I don't want a commander free MP experience. I want an updated BF2, this sounds like it's going to be a cross between BF2 and BC2, the latter really never felt like a decent game to me, just something to compete with the COD franchise.

You're just spouting personal opinion. I've read interviews, the one where they talk about getting rid of commander to simplify the gameplay comes to mind...

Honestly, you're kind of making a contradiction, Preordering when i did WAS the uninformed thing to do. You're right, we have seen ZERO multiplayer footage, and since that's why I want the game, I think it makes more sense to at least wait for that and make a judgement, yea?

I think DICE has the ability to make a great sequel, but I think the business wants to reach as many players as possible, and just pleasing BF2 fans isn't going to be enough so the gameplay will likely feel very different. Just look at the amount of time they're focusing on single player vs the amount they spent on the originals, I'm not saying it's a sign that the MP will be awful, I'm just saying it's different.
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1835 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
Um, hold on now. Based on OCN's opinions? These are my opinions bub. I don't want regenerative health, I don't want minimized simplified classes, I don't want a commander free MP experience. I want an updated BF2, this sounds like it's going to be a cross between BF2 and BC2, the latter really never felt like a decent game to me, just something to compete with the COD franchise.

You're just spouting personal opinion. I've read interviews, the one where they talk about getting rid of commander to simplify the gameplay comes to mind...

Honestly, you're kind of making a contradiction, Preordering when i did WAS the uninformed thing to do. You're right, we have seen ZERO multiplayer footage, and since that's why I want the game, I think it makes more sense to at least wait for that and make a judgement, yea?

I think DICE has the ability to make a great sequel, but I think the business wants to reach as many players as possible, and just pleasing BF2 fans isn't going to be enough so the gameplay will likely feel very different. Just look at the amount of time they're focusing on single player vs the amount they spent on the originals, I'm not saying it's a sign that the MP will be awful, I'm just saying it's different.
Don't buy it. Don't go near it, becuase it will 100% be a cross between BF2 and BC2. It is a decade later, so it will be very different than BF2.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.0ghz - 1.29v ASUS P6T X58 ATX Asus 5870 @ 960/1280 G.SKILL F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB SATA2 LG GH22LS50 22X/22X DVD+-RW SATA DVD Windows 7 x64 ASUS VW266H 25.5IN 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair TX850W Cooler Master Haf 932 Full Tower Black EATX Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 12.6x11.2 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.0ghz - 1.29v ASUS P6T X58 ATX Asus 5870 @ 960/1280 G.SKILL F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB SATA2 LG GH22LS50 22X/22X DVD+-RW SATA DVD Windows 7 x64 ASUS VW266H 25.5IN 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair TX850W Cooler Master Haf 932 Full Tower Black EATX Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 12.6x11.2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1836 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueblade View Post
Don't buy it. Don't go near it, becuase it will 100% be a cross between BF2 and BC2. It is a decade later, so it will be very different than BF2.
Sorry but that's just a silly comment IMO.

Different does not mean it will be bad.

It will definitely be different and borrow elements from BC2 but I imagine these will be the good elements. I'm sure it wont be so different that it will stop you enjoying the game. Even tho all us die hard BF2 fans would just love BF3 to just be BF2 with awesome graphics, I don't think that's very innovative or leave much for the team at DICE to experiment with. They all have new ideas and I say we just wait and give it a shot when it comes out.

I respect your opinion and negative views on what it may turn out to be like, but still I don't think you should write it off so early. Even tho it may not be what everyone wants I'm sure you would still enjoy it a little/ a lot.

It looks and sounds kinda promising so lets just see how it all turns out.

Cheers.
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1837 of 52874
My main hope is that the game has no killcam AT ALL. Even though I can avoid servers that have killcam, it's annoying to already have so many servers that I won't play on -___-.
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1838 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpd1983 View Post
Sorry but that's just a silly comment IMO.

Different does not mean it will be bad.

It will definitely be different and borrow elements from BC2 but I imagine these will be the good elements. I'm sure it wont be so different that it will stop you enjoying the game. Even tho all us die hard BF2 fans would just love BF3 to just be BF2 with awesome graphics, I don't think that's very innovative or leave much for the team at DICE to experiment with. They all have new ideas and I say we just wait and give it a shot when it comes out.

I respect your opinion and negative views on what it may turn out to be like, but still I don't think you should write it off so early. Even tho it may not be what everyone wants I'm sure you would still enjoy it a little/ a lot.

It looks and sounds kinda promising so lets just see how it all turns out.

Cheers.
Haha you got me all wrong man! I was mocking the previous post. I have nothing against BF3 being a cross between BC2 and BF2, I am all for it.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.0ghz - 1.29v ASUS P6T X58 ATX Asus 5870 @ 960/1280 G.SKILL F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB SATA2 LG GH22LS50 22X/22X DVD+-RW SATA DVD Windows 7 x64 ASUS VW266H 25.5IN 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair TX850W Cooler Master Haf 932 Full Tower Black EATX Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 12.6x11.2 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.0ghz - 1.29v ASUS P6T X58 ATX Asus 5870 @ 960/1280 G.SKILL F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB SATA2 LG GH22LS50 22X/22X DVD+-RW SATA DVD Windows 7 x64 ASUS VW266H 25.5IN 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair TX850W Cooler Master Haf 932 Full Tower Black EATX Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 12.6x11.2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1839 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post
My main hope is that the game has no killcam AT ALL. Even though I can avoid servers that have killcam, it's annoying to already have so many servers that I won't play on -___-.
Killcam is pretty much guaranteed in one form or another.
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1840 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiru View Post
Killcam is pretty much guaranteed in one form or another.
Will there ever be PR for BF3...or any other mods?
Sandy Bridge
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k 4.5ghz Asrock P67 Extreme 4 Evga Gtx 570 HD G.Skill 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Crucial M4 128GB  LitleOn Dvd drive Corsair H50 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64bit Dell U2412m Corsair HX750 Cooler Master HAF X 
Audio
Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Sandy Bridge
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k 4.5ghz Asrock P67 Extreme 4 Evga Gtx 570 HD G.Skill 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Crucial M4 128GB  LitleOn Dvd drive Corsair H50 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64bit Dell U2412m Corsair HX750 Cooler Master HAF X 
Audio
Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 3 Information & Discussion Thread