Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 3 Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Battlefield 3 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 1837

post #18361 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawon72 View Post
Its real simple. There are a set of stairs which is one of the choke points. Just pull out an RPG and shoot at the angle roof above the stairs. The other two are pretty easy to cover with a gun. But if they get past, pull out the RPG and blow up those sites yourself. Nothing will survive.
You use prone and M249. Its super effective. I love being on defense in that area.
post #18362 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Gunner View Post
+1 exactly what I do too. God help my team mate n00bs when friendly fire is turned on, because they'll be getting it too for blinding me.
Agreed.

For all the whining about flashlights, shooting a flashlight in the face is a remarkably effective way of killing the flashlights owner.

I'm surprised more people haven't realised this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawon72 View Post
Its real simple. There are a set of stairs which is one of the choke points. Just pull out an RPG and shoot at the angle roof above the stairs. The other two are pretty easy to cover with a gun. But if they get past, pull out the RPG and blow up those sites yourself. Nothing will survive.
Cheers for the tip +rep

It'll give me an excuse to play with the Engi some more.

I'm also hoping to unlock C4 soon, maybe rig the MCOM and take some bomb planters out that way.
Edited by chewbaccasdad - 10/5/11 at 4:59am
Lachesis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.3Ghz 1.2v Asus P8P67 EVGA GTX 580 8Gb Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750Gb SATA Windows 7 64 Iyama 27" 16:9 Cooler Master 750W 
CaseMouse
NZXT Lexa S Cyborg R.A.T 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Lachesis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.3Ghz 1.2v Asus P8P67 EVGA GTX 580 8Gb Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750Gb SATA Windows 7 64 Iyama 27" 16:9 Cooler Master 750W 
CaseMouse
NZXT Lexa S Cyborg R.A.T 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18363 of 52874
Double post, soz.
Edited by chewbaccasdad - 10/5/11 at 4:58am
Lachesis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.3Ghz 1.2v Asus P8P67 EVGA GTX 580 8Gb Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750Gb SATA Windows 7 64 Iyama 27" 16:9 Cooler Master 750W 
CaseMouse
NZXT Lexa S Cyborg R.A.T 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Lachesis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.3Ghz 1.2v Asus P8P67 EVGA GTX 580 8Gb Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750Gb SATA Windows 7 64 Iyama 27" 16:9 Cooler Master 750W 
CaseMouse
NZXT Lexa S Cyborg R.A.T 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18364 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbaccasdad View Post
Agreed.

For all the whining about flashlights, shooting a flashlight in the face is a remarkably effective way of killing the flashlights owner.

I'm surprised more people haven't realised this.
Don't be so naive. We all realize this and just shoot the center. The main complaint here is on friendly flashlights. Enemies can use it all they want, but a lot of the time, I end up with the kill anyway, regardless if they have the light, but it tells me exactly where they are from far distances as well.

If they are going to keep the flashlight and laser in the game, the least they can do is make it so it does nothing against your own team.
post #18365 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbaccasdad View Post
Agreed.

For all the whining about flashlights, shooting a flashlight in the face is a remarkably effective way of killing the flashlights owner.

I'm surprised more people haven't realised this.



Cheers for the tip +rep

It'll give me an excuse to play with the Engi some more.

I'm also hoping to unlock C4 soon, maybe rig the MCOM and take some bomb planters out that way.
Ya I don't know what people think is on the other side of that flashlight.
I've been playing Engi to unlock the robot. 1-2 more games and I'll have it. TBH that robot is the only think I'm not really happy about seeing in BF3 so far. It just makes me think of the remote control car from black ops. That being said I still can't wait to try it out
post #18366 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeKlok View Post
Yes, all the time -_-

Once you get used to it, someone shining the light at you doesn't give them much of an advantage, I just unload my clip in the center of the light and generally the guy is more surpised by me not being stunned by the light than I am of the flashlight.
I learned that people have gotten used to the light, and if they see the beam on the walls in a hall etc~ they can mentally prepare themselves for it and it doesn't really affect them.

So I learned to flash and stun with the light. I'll appear with it off then turn it on, shoot, leave~ then return with the light off. Usually surprises them.

Normally, best thing I do is wait for them to show up, they spot me~ but as they're about to shoot I light my taclight as I spray. It usually discombobulates them enough for me to edge out a victory with up to two opponents, maybe three.

Once mouse bindings come in, I'll be able to set flashlight to my thumb key, and I'll try clicking it on and off a lot to cause a strobe effect as I strafe. Hard to do that on the keyboard while moving atm.
Trinity
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL i5 2500k @ 4.8 @1.36 ASUS P8P67 EVO BFG GTX 295 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD 750GB, Hitachi 2TB Thermalright Venomous-X Windows 7 Pro 64 ASUS ML248H 24" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 700W ANTEC 902 Logitech MX-510 
AudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence ST Sennheiser HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
Trinity
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL i5 2500k @ 4.8 @1.36 ASUS P8P67 EVO BFG GTX 295 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD 750GB, Hitachi 2TB Thermalright Venomous-X Windows 7 Pro 64 ASUS ML248H 24" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 700W ANTEC 902 Logitech MX-510 
AudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence ST Sennheiser HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18367 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverse View Post
I learned that people have gotten used to the light, and if they see the beam on the walls in a hall etc~ they can mentally prepare themselves for it and it doesn't really affect them.

So I learned to flash and stun with the light. I'll appear with it off then turn it on, shoot, leave~ then return with the light off. Usually surprises them.

Normally, best thing I do is wait for them to show up, they spot me~ but as they're about to shoot I light my taclight as I spray. It usually discombobulates them enough for me to edge out a victory with up to two opponents, maybe three.

Once mouse bindings come in, I'll be able to set flashlight to my thumb key, and I'll try clicking on it a lot to cause a strobe effect as I strafe. Hard to do that on the keyboard while moving atm.
Exactly what I do with it, although if most of my team is camping I'll flash it in their faces too just to make me feel a little better
post #18368 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdasch3 View Post
Don't be so naive. We all realize this and just shoot the center. The main complaint here is on friendly flashlights. Enemies can use it all they want, but a lot of the time, I end up with the kill anyway, regardless if they have the light, but it tells me exactly where they are from far distances as well.

If they are going to keep the flashlight and laser in the game, the least they can do is make it so it does nothing against your own team.
I get what you're saying, but unfortunately they can't patch out stupid team mates.

Much like team mates who use tanks as transport and then leave it on the enemy doorstep, sometimes people are just plum stupid.

This is one of the things that sets BF apart from other fps, in that tactics can win a round and the lack of tactics can loose it.
post #18369 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbaccasdad View Post
...as if ADS didn't already do that!
Haha, they are pretty ridiculous. I'm all for ads, just 100% the opposite of say...this...


Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbaccasdad View Post
In other news: Looks like BF3 might be coming to Steam.

Source.
Great, just went I finally get used to the moriginlestation of EACoreServer.exe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabySwag View Post
Im Sure I can't Run this :|
Don't worry dude, no one's running. We're all hurdling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdummy35 View Post
Aw man... Are you serious?! I was hitting R and jumping up and down on it! I'm such a noob.
Hahahah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbaccasdad View Post
...making OCN look bad by being terrible at BF3 is pratically my job.
I think it's great that OCN helps out those that need to ride the little bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverse View Post
Once mouse bindings come in, I'll be able to set flashlight to my thumb key, and I'll try clicking it on and off a lot to cause a strobe effect as I strafe.
That's just wrong! Why can't everyone just run into the open and shoot each other like we used to 7 yrs ago? All these tactics! Fooey!
Edited by Jodiuh - 10/5/11 at 5:17am
post #18370 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post
Exactly what I do with it, although if most of my team is camping I'll flash it in their faces too just to make me feel a little better
LOL
Trinity
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL i5 2500k @ 4.8 @1.36 ASUS P8P67 EVO BFG GTX 295 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD 750GB, Hitachi 2TB Thermalright Venomous-X Windows 7 Pro 64 ASUS ML248H 24" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 700W ANTEC 902 Logitech MX-510 
AudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence ST Sennheiser HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
Trinity
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL i5 2500k @ 4.8 @1.36 ASUS P8P67 EVO BFG GTX 295 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD 750GB, Hitachi 2TB Thermalright Venomous-X Windows 7 Pro 64 ASUS ML248H 24" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 700W ANTEC 902 Logitech MX-510 
AudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence ST Sennheiser HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 3 Information & Discussion Thread