Triple buffering on or off?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battlefield 3 And Windows 8 Last post on 10/14/12 at 1:37pm in PC Gaming
- Streaming over my network to multiple devices Last post on 6/4/12 at 5:14am in Networking & Security
- DiRT Showdown PC Discussion & Screenshot Thread Last post on 5/25/12 at 2:13pm in PC Gaming
- Battlefield 3 stops responding Last post on 8/23/12 at 7:58am in PC Gaming
- Tip for squeezing a little more performance out of BF3 Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:19am in PC Gaming
How to rip a Windows 7/8 Image using WinPE4.0 and DISM
Last edited: 8/7/14
- Repair Start-Menu Right ClickLast edited: 4/3/12
- AppV Management Console Crashing RepairLast edited: 6/20/14
- Playing Good Team Fortress 2 Pub Matches: A GuideLast edited: 2/13/12
- How To Mod Sennheiser HD 555 to HD 595Last edited: 11/19/11
I traded a Dualshock 4 for this thing, this better be good. Test System Used CPU: AMD FX-8350 (OC: 4.6GHz @ 1.49V) Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB GPU: Sapphire...
Video You can use a micro SD card, 32 gig is the largest it can take. Played a variety of formats with no problem. But you can get a better app for that. Both Netflix and Kodi are fine. Streaming...
Alright, since this is my first review ever, it'll probably be fairly basic. I also don't have any professional sound equipment, so I can only give a comparison of other noises. Test System...
One of the oldest pieces of hardware I own and use daily. That being said, it's paid for itself and then some. The dome shaped fan was interesting and did its job well but started dieing several...
Review Provided by Nixeus Technology. This review is part of the Overclock.net, Overclock Labs program.
[Official] Battlefield 3 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 3015post #30141 of 5287411/30/11 at 7:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #30142 of 5287411/30/11 at 7:14pmpost #30143 of 5287411/30/11 at 7:15pmhave they fixed crossfire or sli issues with this game or amd and nvidea fixed it there selves with drivers?? im thinking about picking up a hd6990hide details
CPU Motherboard Graphics Graphics i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero Evga GTX780Ti SC 3GB Zotac GTX780Ti 3GB RAM Hard Drive Hard Drive Hard Drive 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo 1TB Samsung 840 Evo Cooling OS Monitor Keyboard SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 Power Case Mouse Mouse Pad EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2 SilverStone Raven RV05 Steelseries Rival Steelseries Qck+ Audio Corsair SP2500 View allhide details CPU Motherboard Graphics Graphics i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero Evga GTX780Ti SC 3GB Zotac GTX780Ti 3GB RAM Hard Drive Hard Drive Hard Drive 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo 1TB Samsung 840 Evo Cooling OS Monitor Keyboard SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 Power Case Mouse Mouse Pad EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2 SilverStone Raven RV05 Steelseries Rival Steelseries Qck+ Audio Corsair SP2500 View allpost #30144 of 5287411/30/11 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by kcuestag
I took one of my 4GB kit off the computer the other day, first of all, the map loading times doubled (), second, the performance was way worse even with both GTX580's enabled, I had to lower it from Ultra to High to remove all stuttering and play smooth.
It was definitely mage a huge difference in this game.
Wow, thanks! I'll definitely order another set of 2x2GB. Any benefit going 2x4GB instead? More $, CL8 vs CL7. I have G.Skill ECO now.
Bad GPU OC, same thing happened to me @ 925Mhz, went away @ 900Mhz. It was stable for almost an hour before I got that too.
Ok, so thanks for whoever posted that Geforce guide. I've made some interesting observations. FXAA makes everything much blurrier in the screenshots. It doesn't get rid of the lines, it blurs them. 4x MSAA gets rid of them, but at high performance cost. I'm going to try wo/ either and see if I can deal. But what most concerns me are these 2 images. The first has static meshes set to ultra, see if you can spot the differences in the low pic.
See the cover you could be using, but someone running on low doesn't, lol!? What's worse? The same things can be said for terrain quality and terrain decoration. They make it HARDER to see other soldiers. After looking @ these shots, I'm starting to wonder if this is like UT2K4 all over again. Where playing on low gave you the best field of view w/ the least distracting elements. In other words, hi res, 4x MSAA, all low for competitive play.post #30145 of 5287411/30/11 at 7:40pmAre you guys absolutely sure it's my Core i3 2100 holding me back? Don't get me wrong - all I want is the truth, but It needs to be pretty certain for me to throw out the cash.
If anything, it'd be a relief to target the problem; not a burden.
EDIT: What about this?
Edited by nwkegan - 11/30/11 at 7:59pmpost #30146 of 5287411/30/11 at 7:46pm
I had noticed the same thing as you a while back. But then i realized, i'm playing the game to have fun. And part of having fun IMO is being immersed in the game, whether it's through visuals, sound effects, ect. So i kept all my settings at Ultra. Besides, im not so terrible at the game(or so competitive) that i need every little advantage.
Quote:Originally Posted by igniteQuote:Originally Posted by nawon72
Anyone have a fix for the punkbuster kicks? It just started happening today. First it was for Ignoring MD5Tool Queries, and now im getting Violation (IGNORING QUERIES) #9006 less than an hour later. I haven't been able to play for more than a few minutes today because of this.
I got that last night too. I updated PB through PBSetup and manually but that didn't seem to work. Also, I read that error is due to packet loss so tried cycling my Modem and Router and was able to play last night. Could be coincidence though
It works now. I guess the update fixed itpost #30147 of 5287411/30/11 at 8:01pmQuote:That's a dual core, right? I've seen the game use 85% of a quad core. That's 35% more cores that you don't have and it's the reason the game's stuttering and you're getting frame down spikes. The game NEEDS a quad to play. It was the same thing w/ Bad Company 2. In fact, I have a picture.Quote:Originally Posted by nawon72
But then i realized, i'm playing the game to have fun. And part of having fun IMO is being immersed in the game, whether it's through visuals, sound effects, ect. So i kept all my settings at Ultra. Besides, im not so terrible at the game(or so competitive) that i need every little advantage.
So true. The immersion factor goes WAY down w/ HBAO off. But on, it makes it much harder to see enemies. Now I am actually so terrible that I need every little advantage. In fact, I bet if I cheated, no one would notice and my team would still lose.post #30148 of 5287411/30/11 at 8:03pmCan you look at the benchmarks I edited into my post? Here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3-graphics-performance,3063-13.htmlpost #30149 of 5287411/30/11 at 8:17pmThe author should be forced to play MW18 or whatever it's called. He benchmarked a CUTSCENE from the SINGLEPLAYER game. It doesn't have anywhere near the same CPU usage as a multiplayer game w/ 63 other players and crap exploding all over the place.
It sucks, I know...I had a dual core and unlike you, couldn't simply plop a chip in. I had to do a whole mobo/ram upgrade for Bad Company 2. A LAN mate of mine kept asking me why everyone else's game didn't stutter like his. He had an E8400. In fact, it's not even limited to dual cores. AMD quad's can't push the game enough either. Another LAN buddy saw nearly a 30% increase in avg and min framerates after replacing his Phenom II w/ a 2500K.
Upgrade away. You will not be disappointed.post #30150 of 5287411/30/11 at 8:20pm^I agree. BF games are known for heavy CPU usage due to destruction, huge maps, lots of players.
my highest CPU usage is 72% in MP on stock.
CPU Motherboard Graphics RAM INTEL Core i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 MSI Geforce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB DDR4 3000 Hard Drive Hard Drive Cooling OS SAMSUNG SM951 NVMe 512GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB Cooler Master Nepton 280L Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 Monitor Monitor Keyboard Power BenQ XL2420TE Dell UltraSharp U2415 WASD V2 custom CORSAIR HX850i Case Mouse Audio Other NZXT H440 white CORSAIR Vengeance M95 CREATIVE Sound Blaster Z CPU Delid Other LED Lighting View allhide details CPU Motherboard Graphics RAM INTEL Core i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 MSI Geforce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB DDR4 3000 Hard Drive Hard Drive Cooling OS SAMSUNG SM951 NVMe 512GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB Cooler Master Nepton 280L Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 Monitor Monitor Keyboard Power BenQ XL2420TE Dell UltraSharp U2415 WASD V2 custom CORSAIR HX850i Case Mouse Audio Other NZXT H440 white CORSAIR Vengeance M95 CREATIVE Sound Blaster Z CPU Delid Other LED Lighting View allhide details
- [Official] Battlefield 3 Information & Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Repair Start-Menu Right Click
- › Fiji Bios Editing ( Fury / Fury X / Nano / Radeon Pro Duo ) 2 seconds ago
- › EK pump RPM speed question... and bubbles in res 32 seconds ago
- › Asus PG248Q - 24" 180hz monitor launched. 1 minute ago
- › Any opinions or reviews on the new Dell S2417DG? 1 minute ago
- › [Build Log] Project B: Shado - Custom Wall Mounted x99 Build 1 minute ago
- › [Guardian] 32GB iPhone 7 significantly slower than more expensive... 1 minute ago
- › Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request ) 1 minute ago
- › Broken Front Audio jack how to fix? or buy a USB amp? 2 minutes ago
- › wierd buzzing high pitch noise 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet CPU Coolers by AyyMD
- › Aodin Mini Smart Android Projector by jasonwell90
- › Macho X2 by AyyMD
- › Thermaltake Mini Typhoon by NotUrAvrgG33k
- › Nixeus 24in, 1920x1080, Full HD, 144Hz, FreeSync, LED Backlight... by bluedevil
- › Cherry MC 4000 by Ino.
- › DEMCiflex Dust Filter by The Sandman
- › ADATA Technology SU800 SSD Review by Jedson3614
- › be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Red by Duality92
- › AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 3 Feet (Latest Standard) by TheCautiousOne
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...