Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 3 Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Battlefield 3 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 3467

post #34661 of 52874
Add me? Origin name is Krusher33
My gaming desk
(14 items)
 
Miner
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Sapphire 290x Patriot Viper Extreme Division 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 460 WD 1TB Blue Koolance 380A EK-FC R9-290X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Monoprice 27" IPS-Glass Pro Panel DUCKY! Antec HCP 850W 
CaseMouse
Hand built wooden desk Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10 7850K ASUS A88X-Pro Sapphire 280x Sapphire 280x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Patriot Viper Xtreme Div4 1866mhz 60GB Vertex2 WD Caviar 500AAKS XSPC Rasa 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit EVGA 1000W G2 Thermaltake Level 10 GTS 
  hide details  
Reply
My gaming desk
(14 items)
 
Miner
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Sapphire 290x Patriot Viper Extreme Division 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 460 WD 1TB Blue Koolance 380A EK-FC R9-290X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Monoprice 27" IPS-Glass Pro Panel DUCKY! Antec HCP 850W 
CaseMouse
Hand built wooden desk Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10 7850K ASUS A88X-Pro Sapphire 280x Sapphire 280x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Patriot Viper Xtreme Div4 1866mhz 60GB Vertex2 WD Caviar 500AAKS XSPC Rasa 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit EVGA 1000W G2 Thermaltake Level 10 GTS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34662 of 52874
as long as the main game designer has control of major things we will be allright


but i hope we dont get another ton of nerf and rebuff of same guns in the future
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8120 Asus crosshair V formula 2 msi HD6870 Twin Frozr II CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 SAMSUNG F4 2TB boot + 4 WD 2TB storage Lite On blu ray player win 7 sp1 oem Asus VH236H @ 1920 x 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech Media Elite Keyboard ENERMAX MAXREVO 1350W psu SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02B-EW Matte black logitech OEM 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8120 Asus crosshair V formula 2 msi HD6870 Twin Frozr II CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 SAMSUNG F4 2TB boot + 4 WD 2TB storage Lite On blu ray player win 7 sp1 oem Asus VH236H @ 1920 x 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech Media Elite Keyboard ENERMAX MAXREVO 1350W psu SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02B-EW Matte black logitech OEM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34663 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post

as long as the main game designer has control of major things we will be allright
but i hope we dont get another ton of nerf and rebuff of same guns in the future

That's the exact problem though. Demize99 is the Core Gameplay Designer, and he doesn't agree with a lot of the changes the game is going towards, at least not during the first set of changes. Like I said i'm sure he still thinks the same now.

Wish I could find the quote where he stated that weapons like the USAS were over powered and was noted before the game came out. The other developers disagreed though. rolleyes.gif
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34664 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

That's the exact problem though. Demize99 is the Core Gameplay Designer, and he doesn't agree with a lot of the changes the game is going towards, at least not during the first set of changes. Like I said i'm sure he still thinks the same now.
Wish I could find the quote where he stated that weapons like the USAS were over powered and was noted before the game came out. The other developers disagreed though. rolleyes.gif

yeah i saw that quote of him saying the usas-12 frag round was lame


dont know if its the same one you mention


so the core gameplay director isnt in control of anything? :S


deffinatly sucks for us
Edited by Fr0sty - 2/23/12 at 9:20pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8120 Asus crosshair V formula 2 msi HD6870 Twin Frozr II CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 SAMSUNG F4 2TB boot + 4 WD 2TB storage Lite On blu ray player win 7 sp1 oem Asus VH236H @ 1920 x 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech Media Elite Keyboard ENERMAX MAXREVO 1350W psu SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02B-EW Matte black logitech OEM 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8120 Asus crosshair V formula 2 msi HD6870 Twin Frozr II CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 SAMSUNG F4 2TB boot + 4 WD 2TB storage Lite On blu ray player win 7 sp1 oem Asus VH236H @ 1920 x 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech Media Elite Keyboard ENERMAX MAXREVO 1350W psu SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02B-EW Matte black logitech OEM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34665 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wfax View Post

 

DICE needs to make a decision who they want to appeal to; they need to choose between pure multi-player "balance" (opinion) or as close to "realism" as they can get and "balance" be damned.

 

I agree. The 7.62x51 battle rifles should have never been nerfed in the first place. I was very upset when my engineer had a decent weapon that required some amount of skill to deploy properly into a waste of my time. The M4 became my go-to weapon when the first SCAR-H nerf rolled out. If I were fighting a war right now, I'd much rather have the SCAR-H than the M4. A G3 would be excellent, as would a M14 or a FN-FAL. I'd pick any of those weapon systems over a M16 or M4 every time.

 

 

I agree that DICE is trying to tread this middle group between the two (lets just get right out there and label them as ARMA territory and CoD territory) which is a good thing and is honestly exactly what I want, but they don't seem to be content with it. Every patch shifts things one way or the other and then half the time the next patch brings it back. I think they should really get some sort of rhythm going with their releases. Basically make the Medal of Honor series basically Call of Duty with a different coat of paint to me it seemed obvious that it was what they were going for last time, very gamey, although they didn't execute well it was at times horrifically unbalanced. Make Bad Company you middle ground game. Then make Battlefield proper the game that leans more toward realism. I think there is very obviously a market out there for such a game they just need to commit to it and run with it. 

 

As for IRL, while I haven't fought any wars recently, I would think weapon preference really comes down to personal preference. With a high rate of fire, large magazine, low recoil weapon (the M4/M16s of the world) you get alot of lead down range in a relatively small area each bullet has less theoretical "stopping power" but there can be more of them. When you get to things like the SCAR-H or the M14 (my personal favorite) you have more pop in your shots, but you have less of them so they better count. 

 

Bringing it back to BF3 for a bit, the reason I have always used the M4 is that I can consistently put my entire magazine, or at least as much of it as it takes, in an enemies chest/head region. Especially when you add a silencer and a foregrip. When facing somebody with a SCAR all I have to do is make him miss one or two rounds, or be one or two rounds quicker than him and I've got him because due to complete lack of recoil every single one of my rounds will be on target. There is certainly a serious amount of spraying on my part (I got through TONS of ammo with my M4) but I do a pretty good job of hitting with enough to kill. I have now started using the M39, I was a huge fan of the M14 Mod 0 in BC2 and the M14 in the CoD games, and it is like putting on a comfortable glove I haven't worn in a long time. However it is a completely different beast. 

 

I think my biggest concern is they keep nerfing the foregrip for some reason. I have heard that they don't like that everybody and their mother uses it, which just seems absurd. The only viable alternative is the bipod and I never run that on anything except support, it just doesn't make any sense for assault or engi and for my play-style recon and I feel like a lot of people are in the same boat. 

 

Don't know if this has been linked to, but I found it reasonably informative. A bit basic for some people but the exact placement of spawns is good to know, and I never really considered all of the rubble kills he refers to:

 

 

You know what I would love to see most in BF3? Weather effects. I realize it plays hell with the balance of vehicles and stuff but how awesome would it be to play Caspian at dusk with a pouring rain coming down? Just changing the visibility a bit would drastically change how the map can be played, almost making it a whole new map experience. 

 

Eowyn
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T x6 Biostar TA890FXE MSI 465(470)TFII GE 750/1900 G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 640AAKS Ubuntu 10.10 2x24" Asus MS Arc 
PowerCaseMouse
610 PC P&C Silencer P182 Logitech Marathon 
  hide details  
Reply
Eowyn
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T x6 Biostar TA890FXE MSI 465(470)TFII GE 750/1900 G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 640AAKS Ubuntu 10.10 2x24" Asus MS Arc 
PowerCaseMouse
610 PC P&C Silencer P182 Logitech Marathon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34666 of 52874
i just got bf3, i just need more friends to play with

my soldier name and origin name is phantomknight321, send me a request! i look forward to playing with my fellow ocn gamers!
post #34667 of 52874
^how's the performance with that 4870 X2 and the Phenom II X4?
lags?
Dream PC
(17 items)
 
Surface Pro 3
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL Core i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 MSI Geforce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG SM951 NVMe 512GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB COOLER MASTER Nepton 280L MICROSOFT Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BENQ XL2420TE DELL UltraSharp U2415 WASD V2 custom CORSAIR HX850i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
NZXT H440 white CORSAIR Vengeance M95 CREATIVE Sound Blaster Z CPU Delid 
Other
LED Lighting 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4300U Microsoft Surface Intel HD Graphics 4400 8 GB DDR3L 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardMouse
256 GB SSD Windows 10 Pro x64 Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID Microsoft Arc Mouse Surface Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Dream PC
(17 items)
 
Surface Pro 3
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL Core i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 MSI Geforce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG SM951 NVMe 512GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB COOLER MASTER Nepton 280L MICROSOFT Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BENQ XL2420TE DELL UltraSharp U2415 WASD V2 custom CORSAIR HX850i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
NZXT H440 white CORSAIR Vengeance M95 CREATIVE Sound Blaster Z CPU Delid 
Other
LED Lighting 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4300U Microsoft Surface Intel HD Graphics 4400 8 GB DDR3L 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardMouse
256 GB SSD Windows 10 Pro x64 Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID Microsoft Arc Mouse Surface Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34668 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakazi View Post

 

I agree that DICE is trying to tread this middle group between the two (lets just get right out there and label them as ARMA territory and CoD territory) which is a good thing and is honestly exactly what I want, but they don't seem to be content with it. Every patch shifts things one way or the other and then half the time the next patch brings it back. I think they should really get some sort of rhythm going with their releases. Basically make the Medal of Honor series basically Call of Duty with a different coat of paint to me it seemed obvious that it was what they were going for last time, very gamey, although they didn't execute well it was at times horrifically unbalanced. Make Bad Company you middle ground game. Then make Battlefield proper the game that leans more toward realism. I think there is very obviously a market out there for such a game they just need to commit to it and run with it. 

 

As for IRL, while I haven't fought any wars recently, I would think weapon preference really comes down to personal preference. With a high rate of fire, large magazine, low recoil weapon (the M4/M16s of the world) you get alot of lead down range in a relatively small area each bullet has less theoretical "stopping power" but there can be more of them. When you get to things like the SCAR-H or the M14 (my personal favorite) you have more pop in your shots, but you have less of them so they better count. 

 

Bringing it back to BF3 for a bit, the reason I have always used the M4 is that I can consistently put my entire magazine, or at least as much of it as it takes, in an enemies chest/head region. Especially when you add a silencer and a foregrip. When facing somebody with a SCAR all I have to do is make him miss one or two rounds, or be one or two rounds quicker than him and I've got him because due to complete lack of recoil every single one of my rounds will be on target. There is certainly a serious amount of spraying on my part (I got through TONS of ammo with my M4) but I do a pretty good job of hitting with enough to kill. I have now started using the M39, I was a huge fan of the M14 Mod 0 in BC2 and the M14 in the CoD games, and it is like putting on a comfortable glove I haven't worn in a long time. However it is a completely different beast. 

 

I think my biggest concern is they keep nerfing the foregrip for some reason. I have heard that they don't like that everybody and their mother uses it, which just seems absurd. The only viable alternative is the bipod and I never run that on anything except support, it just doesn't make any sense for assault or engi and for my play-style recon and I feel like a lot of people are in the same boat. 

 

Don't know if this has been linked to, but I found it reasonably informative. A bit basic for some people but the exact placement of spawns is good to know, and I never really considered all of the rubble kills he refers to:

Hid link in spoiler. (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

You know what I would love to see most in BF3? Weather effects. I realize it plays hell with the balance of vehicles and stuff but how awesome would it be to play Caspian at dusk with a pouring rain coming down? Just changing the visibility a bit would drastically change how the map can be played, almost making it a whole new map experience. 

 



Good post. I would like to see weather in the game as well as the appropriate changes made to flight status, radar, IR, and targeting systems. A very foggy battlefield on a normally wide-open map would turn what can become a camp-fest into a CQB map. Likewise, a sandstorm or a rain storm could cause aircraft to crash or be very difficult to fly (or even ground the planes) and make what can normally be an air-dominated map into a tank or infantry dominated map. That would be awesome, especially on the higher ticket servers.

 

As far as the balance goes, I'm not quite happy with BF3. I think that they had it closer to reality in terms of the weapons systems, especially with small-arms. I can understand the need to keep vehicles closer to on-par with one another and stray from reality, otherwise the M1 Abrams tanks would absolutely dominate the Russian tanks and the F35 aircraft would be virtually unstoppable. But in terms of small-arms, I see absolutely no reason that they can't keep them as realistic as possible, especially since at higher ranks you get to unlock the enemies weapons and you can always kill an enemy soldier and pick up his weapon.

 

As you pointed out, BF3 rewards the high rate of fire low-recoil mag-dump. Hence, the M4 or other similar weapons are superior in all respects to the SCAR-H. That's just stupid. Reality paints a different picture.

B2
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA... EVGA X99 Classified (151-HE-E999-KR) LGA 2011-v... EVGA 04G-P4-3975-KR GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0... EVGA 04G-P4-3975-KR GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0... 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCase
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin... SAMSUNG 850 EVO MZ-75E1T0B/AM 2.5" 1TB SATA III... CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance ... Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Series PH-ES614L_BK Black ... 
  hide details  
Reply
B2
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA... EVGA X99 Classified (151-HE-E999-KR) LGA 2011-v... EVGA 04G-P4-3975-KR GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0... EVGA 04G-P4-3975-KR GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0... 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCase
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin... SAMSUNG 850 EVO MZ-75E1T0B/AM 2.5" 1TB SATA III... CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance ... Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Series PH-ES614L_BK Black ... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34669 of 52874
Quote:
Originally Posted by james8 View Post

^how's the performance with that 4870 X2 and the Phenom II X4?
lags?

it isnt so bad, it only lags at certain times when its set to auto, i get great speed at medium and pretty decent at high, but it seems auto has the best quality and still performs about the same as high so i leave it, i may tweak it later

wont be a problem when i pick up a 6970 biggrin.gif or the 7870
post #34670 of 52874
Just scored 30k+ in a single round. Haven't had that high a score in a looong time. Wookie recon ftw smile.gif

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/22503274/1/271072125/
x58
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
920 D0 (#3845B260) 4.2Ghz / HT on 1.3v Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Sapphire 7950 3GB 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 840 Evo 1TB Swiftech H20-220 Edge Win10 x64 Dell U2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LZ-MX Mini Corsair HX850 Silverstone TJ-09B Corsair Harpoon 
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
x58
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
920 D0 (#3845B260) 4.2Ghz / HT on 1.3v Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Sapphire 7950 3GB 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 840 Evo 1TB Swiftech H20-220 Edge Win10 x64 Dell U2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LZ-MX Mini Corsair HX850 Silverstone TJ-09B Corsair Harpoon 
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 3 Information & Discussion Thread