Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Motherboards Club (TUF Series)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Motherboards Club (TUF Series) - Page 148

post #1471 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Huntsman View Post

I unmounted both vga coolers and both vgas looked fine, i was comparing them to photo i took when i was designing those blocks. Also i didnt noticed anything on mobo, but i will check again, when i will pull it out of the system to send it to rma, because i have to take off the plastic cover of it to get the serial number that should be on the side of PCIe slot.

that is one strange case dude xD

whatever...so you said you oc it to 1.21V. Well, that is not much voltage so resistances couldn´t melt or burn. Neither chokes, vrams and capacitors couldn´t be damage. Hmm. Where do you live? You got constantly 230V on your socket-outlet in your country?
post #1472 of 1591
I dont know how clean the power is, but yes, it should be constant 230V (Slovakia). And those 660s cant go past 1.212V even with unlocked bios.
"Hobo King"
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k Asus P67 Sabertooth GTX 660 GTX 660 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu series Intel 320 series SSD Samsung 840 EVO WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingMonitor
HGST 2,5" LG DVD-RW CM Hyper 612S BenQ GL2450 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 17.3" laptop screen Cherry G84-4100 Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Gigabyte M8000X Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Audio-Technica ATH-A700X FiiO D5 
Audio
ATH-AT9902 microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
"Hobo King"
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k Asus P67 Sabertooth GTX 660 GTX 660 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu series Intel 320 series SSD Samsung 840 EVO WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingMonitor
HGST 2,5" LG DVD-RW CM Hyper 612S BenQ GL2450 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 17.3" laptop screen Cherry G84-4100 Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Gigabyte M8000X Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Audio-Technica ATH-A700X FiiO D5 
Audio
ATH-AT9902 microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1473 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Huntsman View Post

I dont know how clean the power is, but yes, it should be constant 230V (Slovakia). And those 660s cant go past 1.212V even with unlocked bios.


Why don't you post your issue in another thread with more users?
post #1474 of 1591
Hi, I have X99 TUF,

is it ok to plug first 10W pump to CPU fan connector, and second 10W pump to CPU_OPT fan?

As I remember manual says smth about 10W power but only for CPU fan connector.
post #1475 of 1591
If I remember correctly I posted it in Sandy stable too, but I have to check. Now I am only considering my options as far as the rma goes, I don't want to be without my system for that long and i am considering options like buying any used cpu+mobo,, just to have something where I plug my gpu and drives in the meantime, or I can wait for the next generation of desktop intels, then upgrade, send this board for rma and when it returns pass it to my brother with the 2500k, or the last option, that would not cost me any money, but I will be without most of my data and power needed for solidworks workload. This is, that I simply send the board to rma and use moms laptop in the meantime. Which of this would you suggest?
"Hobo King"
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k Asus P67 Sabertooth GTX 660 GTX 660 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu series Intel 320 series SSD Samsung 840 EVO WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingMonitor
HGST 2,5" LG DVD-RW CM Hyper 612S BenQ GL2450 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 17.3" laptop screen Cherry G84-4100 Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Gigabyte M8000X Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Audio-Technica ATH-A700X FiiO D5 
Audio
ATH-AT9902 microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
"Hobo King"
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k Asus P67 Sabertooth GTX 660 GTX 660 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu series Intel 320 series SSD Samsung 840 EVO WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingMonitor
HGST 2,5" LG DVD-RW CM Hyper 612S BenQ GL2450 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 17.3" laptop screen Cherry G84-4100 Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Gigabyte M8000X Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Audio-Technica ATH-A700X FiiO D5 
Audio
ATH-AT9902 microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1476 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Huntsman View Post

If I remember correctly I posted it in Sandy stable too, but I have to check. Now I am only considering my options as far as the rma goes, I don't want to be without my system for that long and i am considering options like buying any used cpu+mobo,, just to have something where I plug my gpu and drives in the meantime, or I can wait for the next generation of desktop intels, then upgrade, send this board for rma and when it returns pass it to my brother with the 2500k, or the last option, that would not cost me any money, but I will be without most of my data and power needed for solidworks workload. This is, that I simply send the board to rma and use moms laptop in the meantime. Which of this would you suggest?

if you have money and you can effort a good rig than wait for new parts!
I heard something new about i7-6XXX you can go for the cheap one because it has six cores and enough power if you oc to and I would probably recommend you one single but good graphic card.
It´s up to you if you want to buy used parts go for it...and next time look for psu test online than buy a new psu biggrin.gif

if you have found some new hardware just post it here I will help you. If not others will help you. OCnet has enough experienced users.
post #1477 of 1591
Thanks for advice, but I was again thinking about getting highest i5, because most of my workload is singlethreaded and the extra price is simply not worth it.

Also I bought new psu, because I got a refund from rma of that CX750M, so I decided to pay that little more for one of the best, if not the best 750w psu. Also since I bought it, I don't even know it's there, no noise and no problems, so I can say it's the perfect psu, except that I will have to swap connectors on my custom cables that I had for that corsair, because corsair was using pcie 8 pins on the psu side of pcie cables and evga is using 8pin eps connectors.

Sorry for posting off topic, I think that I will move my rambles back to my build log.
"Hobo King"
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k Asus P67 Sabertooth GTX 660 GTX 660 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu series Intel 320 series SSD Samsung 840 EVO WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingMonitor
HGST 2,5" LG DVD-RW CM Hyper 612S BenQ GL2450 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 17.3" laptop screen Cherry G84-4100 Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Gigabyte M8000X Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Audio-Technica ATH-A700X FiiO D5 
Audio
ATH-AT9902 microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
"Hobo King"
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k Asus P67 Sabertooth GTX 660 GTX 660 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu series Intel 320 series SSD Samsung 840 EVO WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingMonitor
HGST 2,5" LG DVD-RW CM Hyper 612S BenQ GL2450 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 17.3" laptop screen Cherry G84-4100 Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Gigabyte M8000X Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Audio-Technica ATH-A700X FiiO D5 
Audio
ATH-AT9902 microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1478 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Huntsman View Post

Thanks for advice, but I was again thinking about getting highest i5, because most of my workload is singlethreaded and the extra price is simply not worth it.

Also I bought new psu, because I got a refund from rma of that CX750M, so I decided to pay that little more for one of the best, if not the best 750w psu. Also since I bought it, I don't even know it's there, no noise and no problems, so I can say it's the perfect psu, except that I will have to swap connectors on my custom cables that I had for that corsair, because corsair was using pcie 8 pins on the psu side of pcie cables and evga is using 8pin eps connectors.

Sorry for posting off topic, I think that I will move my rambles back to my build log.

should be ok. I hope your rig will work fine in future. good luck. keep us on update if you get any problems thumb.gif
post #1479 of 1591
I definitely will ask here, at OCN if I have any problems, because I learned more about pc building and hardware related stuff here, than anywhere else in the past and I am not member even a year. I love the OCN community and the fact that there is always someone willing to help.
"Hobo King"
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k Asus P67 Sabertooth GTX 660 GTX 660 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu series Intel 320 series SSD Samsung 840 EVO WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingMonitor
HGST 2,5" LG DVD-RW CM Hyper 612S BenQ GL2450 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 17.3" laptop screen Cherry G84-4100 Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Gigabyte M8000X Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Audio-Technica ATH-A700X FiiO D5 
Audio
ATH-AT9902 microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
"Hobo King"
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k Asus P67 Sabertooth GTX 660 GTX 660 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu series Intel 320 series SSD Samsung 840 EVO WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingMonitor
HGST 2,5" LG DVD-RW CM Hyper 612S BenQ GL2450 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 17.3" laptop screen Cherry G84-4100 Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Gigabyte M8000X Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Audio-Technica ATH-A700X FiiO D5 
Audio
ATH-AT9902 microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1480 of 1591
who´s stable with sabertooth abouth 5ghz>?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS SABERTOOTH Motherboards Club (TUF Series)