Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › The i5-760 OC Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The i5-760 OC Club - Page 34

post #331 of 1922
Right now I'm thinking of coming at this from a couple of directions.

1. Start over, except at 2:8 and see how high I can get the BCLK before it starts rebooting, and I'll keep the QPI where I have it (like 1.31 or something like that).

2. Bump the QPI up even more to like 1.35 (even though it shows it in pink in the BIOS). and then try going 2:8.. and possibly bumping ram voltage to 1.65.

Right now I'm 'stable' at a little over 4ghz, but my VCORE is like 1.35.. any lower and it seems that prime95 and IBT keep erroring/crashing.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-760 Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 rev (2.0) GTX 460 1gb OC 4gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 60gb + WD Black 640gb HDD Samsung DVD Combo Windows 7 64-bit 46" Samsung LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II 650W XFX Antec 900 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-760 Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 rev (2.0) GTX 460 1gb OC 4gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 60gb + WD Black 640gb HDD Samsung DVD Combo Windows 7 64-bit 46" Samsung LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II 650W XFX Antec 900 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #332 of 1922
Joining the club..

Ordered an i5-760 - P55 SLI - 4 GB Rip Jaw 1600's this weekend..

Hopefully I will be putting it together after work friday...
The Money Pit
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 - 4.24 @ 1.40v Batch #3941B089 EVGA X58 SLI LE MSI 580 GTX Lightning - 950/1900/2200 @ 1.1v 6GB Mushkin @ 1475 - 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120GB Vertex Plus 2 x 500GB WD Blues RAID0 Lite-On DVD/CD Custom H20 Loop 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 Ulti-64 25" I-Inc iH253 Antec TruePower New TP-750 CoolerMaster HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
The Money Pit
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 - 4.24 @ 1.40v Batch #3941B089 EVGA X58 SLI LE MSI 580 GTX Lightning - 950/1900/2200 @ 1.1v 6GB Mushkin @ 1475 - 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120GB Vertex Plus 2 x 500GB WD Blues RAID0 Lite-On DVD/CD Custom H20 Loop 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 Ulti-64 25" I-Inc iH253 Antec TruePower New TP-750 CoolerMaster HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #333 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy64 View Post
Right now I'm thinking of coming at this from a couple of directions.

1. Start over, except at 2:8 and see how high I can get the BCLK before it starts rebooting, and I'll keep the QPI where I have it (like 1.31 or something like that).

2. Bump the QPI up even more to like 1.35 (even though it shows it in pink in the BIOS). and then try going 2:8.. and possibly bumping ram voltage to 1.65.

Right now I'm 'stable' at a little over 4ghz, but my VCORE is like 1.35.. any lower and it seems that prime95 and IBT keep erroring/crashing.
Starting over has advantages. The more times you start over the better overclock you are likely to get. Just a matter of having the experience behind it. At the same time I don't know how many times I've taken a run at 4.0 with my 930. I'd like to shave a little voltage off it and drop a few degrees. Keep thinking the next overclock will do it, doesn't help though. Sometimes you just get what you get LOL.

Set the RAM Voltage to what it is rated for. If it's rated for 1.65v then set it at that.
Monster IIr
(20 items)
 
Tinker
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI R7970 G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black 640GB Crucial M4 SSD Corsair 840 SSD Seagate  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Cogage Arrow Windows 7 Alienware AW2310 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair 850TX CM Sniper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M60 FUNC X-Fi Titanium HD  Sennheiser PC360 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 FTW XFX 5850 Mushkin Blackline 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Blue 640 Asus Corsair A70 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 Rosewill RK-800G Seasonic M12II 620 NZXT Gamma 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Func Archetype 1030 ASUS XONAR_DG JVC HA-RX700 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster IIr
(20 items)
 
Tinker
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI R7970 G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black 640GB Crucial M4 SSD Corsair 840 SSD Seagate  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Cogage Arrow Windows 7 Alienware AW2310 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair 850TX CM Sniper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M60 FUNC X-Fi Titanium HD  Sennheiser PC360 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 FTW XFX 5850 Mushkin Blackline 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Blue 640 Asus Corsair A70 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 Rosewill RK-800G Seasonic M12II 620 NZXT Gamma 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Func Archetype 1030 ASUS XONAR_DG JVC HA-RX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #334 of 1922
It's actually rated at 1.5v. I'll do that then.

Do you think upping the QPI would help at all?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-760 Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 rev (2.0) GTX 460 1gb OC 4gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 60gb + WD Black 640gb HDD Samsung DVD Combo Windows 7 64-bit 46" Samsung LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II 650W XFX Antec 900 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-760 Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 rev (2.0) GTX 460 1gb OC 4gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 60gb + WD Black 640gb HDD Samsung DVD Combo Windows 7 64-bit 46" Samsung LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II 650W XFX Antec 900 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #335 of 1922
Hey guys, am running my first OC on this chip and testing P95 sm fft as I type.

200x19
LLC enabled
V-core 1.20Bios (1.168 CPUZ)
RAM @ 8x--1600
Highest temps =60C

30 minutes in and all is well--I am so impressed with the speed-voltage -temps of the 1156 socket vs my old 775 & Q9650
GIGABYTE GOODNESS
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.3GHz Asus P8Z68-V Pro EVGA GTX 550 Ti G.Skill 12Gb DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 64 plus 6 TB HD Lite On Dark Knight 7 Pro 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung2433BW Logitech Antec TP 650 Corsair 600T SE 
Mouse
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
GIGABYTE GOODNESS
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.3GHz Asus P8Z68-V Pro EVGA GTX 550 Ti G.Skill 12Gb DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 64 plus 6 TB HD Lite On Dark Knight 7 Pro 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung2433BW Logitech Antec TP 650 Corsair 600T SE 
Mouse
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #336 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyb View Post
Hey guys, am running my first OC on this chip and testing P95 sm fft as I type.

200x19
LLC enabled
V-core 1.20Bios (1.168 CPUZ)
RAM @ 8x--1600
Highest temps =60C

30 minutes in and all is well--I am so impressed with the speed-voltage -temps of the 1156 socket vs my old 775 & Q9650
Nice speed for the voltage. That's pretty impressive imo.
Man I was so impressed when I got this rig. I went from and Athlon II 240 to this. This just decimates it. I can't wait to get a cooler to hit 4GHz.
I'm probably going to go with the Thermalright Archon. I just wish shipping wasn't so horrendous on it (since it's not at the egg).
post #337 of 1922
I was gonna say those voltages are incredibly low for being so close to 4ghz... By the time I hit 3.8ghz I was at 1.318v. Now I'm at about 1.35 at 4.01ghz.. but I have yet to tweak my ram to get it to boot.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-760 Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 rev (2.0) GTX 460 1gb OC 4gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 60gb + WD Black 640gb HDD Samsung DVD Combo Windows 7 64-bit 46" Samsung LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II 650W XFX Antec 900 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-760 Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 rev (2.0) GTX 460 1gb OC 4gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 60gb + WD Black 640gb HDD Samsung DVD Combo Windows 7 64-bit 46" Samsung LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II 650W XFX Antec 900 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #338 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdoken View Post
Nice speed for the voltage. That's pretty impressive imo.
Man I was so impressed when I got this rig. I went from and Athlon II 240 to this. This just decimates it. I can't wait to get a cooler to hit 4GHz.
I'm probably going to go with the Thermalright Archon. I just wish shipping wasn't so horrendous on it (since it's not at the egg).
Thanks Bassdoken. I have had the rig for a week but wasn't able to OC coz I had stock cooling. My Dark Knight 775 edition cooler does not fit 1156 boards ,so I had to wait for the new bracket to arrive. I just tonight got the cooler on ,so I jacked it straight to 3.8. It is doing fine on sm fft-over 1 hour in and still no errors. Highest temp=60C.

I am pleased so far and intend to reach 4.0 GHz. 24/7 for my everyday clock providing it tests out with decent volts and temps.

edit @ 1 guy--I may need to bump it more but so far so good. Still need to test blend,but I want to get at least 4 hrs on sm fft first

edit again : 90 minutes in and no errors but the highest temps have risen to 63C. It actually runs a bit hotter than the Q9650 did ,but the volts are lower
Edited by dennyb - 12/13/10 at 5:35pm
GIGABYTE GOODNESS
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.3GHz Asus P8Z68-V Pro EVGA GTX 550 Ti G.Skill 12Gb DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 64 plus 6 TB HD Lite On Dark Knight 7 Pro 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung2433BW Logitech Antec TP 650 Corsair 600T SE 
Mouse
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
GIGABYTE GOODNESS
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.3GHz Asus P8Z68-V Pro EVGA GTX 550 Ti G.Skill 12Gb DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 64 plus 6 TB HD Lite On Dark Knight 7 Pro 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung2433BW Logitech Antec TP 650 Corsair 600T SE 
Mouse
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #339 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyb View Post
Thanks Bassdoken. I have had the rig for a week but wasn't able to OC coz I had stock cooling. My Dark Knight 775 edition cooler does not fit 1156 boards ,so I had to wait for the new bracket to arrive. I just tonight got the cooler on ,so I jacked it straight to 3.8. It is doing fine on sm fft-over 1 hour in and still no errors. Highest temp=60C.

I am pleased so far and intend to reach 4.0 GHz. 24/7 for my everyday clock providing it tests out with decent volts and temps.

edit @ 1 guy--I may need to bump it more but so far so good. Still need to test blend,but I want to get at least 4 hrs on sm fft first

edit again : 90 minutes in and no errors but the highest temps have risen to 63C. It actually runs a bit hotter than the Q9650 did ,but the volts are lower
If you have to increase the clocks a lot to get 4ghz stable, I don't think it'd be worth it, honestly.
post #340 of 1922
anyone gotten above 4.8 yet? just need to know if i need to step up my game a little and bench it a little higher
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k, 2700k, 34 lga 775 chippers z68x-ud4, MIVE, Commando's, and crap FX5500, 6970, 6670, 4890, and junk Team D9's/ Ballistix D9's, Muskin Hypers !! 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 / WD 500 / 640 Caviar Blue Asus Lightscribe / LG Win7/Vista/XP/Server 08 EE Acer P235H 1920 X 1080 HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ill. Mushkin 1200 Joule CM690 II Adv/Tech Bench DiamondBack 3G 
Mouse Pad
eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k, 2700k, 34 lga 775 chippers z68x-ud4, MIVE, Commando's, and crap FX5500, 6970, 6670, 4890, and junk Team D9's/ Ballistix D9's, Muskin Hypers !! 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 / WD 500 / 640 Caviar Blue Asus Lightscribe / LG Win7/Vista/XP/Server 08 EE Acer P235H 1920 X 1080 HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ill. Mushkin 1200 Joule CM690 II Adv/Tech Bench DiamondBack 3G 
Mouse Pad
eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › The i5-760 OC Club