Here are some wireless data highlights from the quarter:
* In third quarter 2010, 47 percent of the devices sold in the U.S. were smartphones, compared to 24 percent globally.
* U.S. wireless data service revenues grew 7 percent quarter over quarter to $14 billion in third quarter 2010.
* Verizon and AT&T accounted for 85 percent of the increase in data revenues in third quarter 2010.
* Per month data (blended) ARPU: Sprint $18.7 (estimated), Verizon $18.61, AT&T $17.35, T-Mobile $12 (estimated); average $16.7
* Nearly 21 percent of T-Mobile USA subscribers are on smartphones.
* Data now accounts for about 33 percent of total ARPU for carriers in the U.S. Sharma predicts that in 2013, one should expect data and voice revenues to be roughly equal for the U.S. carriers.
It's comforting to know that bandwidth is cheap though.