Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Socket 478 Prescott help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Socket 478 Prescott help - Page 2

post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipp
It's because the 3.6 on Dell's site has 512 or 1mb of cache, but the 3.0E only has 1mb, isn't it...

@Enterprise: I have used both the Dell PSU and the Aspire in my rig, both of them will the LED on the mobo, but neither will boot.
I also cleared the CMOS, but it looks like I have to boot with the changed jumper for it to take effect. I'm going to pop out the battery now.
This is strange it sounds Like the CPU microcode needs to be updated on your motherboard with a bios update but as you say you have already done this..Have you checked the Compatibility List too make sure the Dell can take this Specific Cpu...im not trying to make sound stupid but got to Eliminate everything.
post #12 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701
This is strange it sounds Like the CPU microcode needs to be updated on your motherboard with a bios update but as you say you have already done this..Have you checked the Compatibility List too make sure the Dell can take this Specific Cpu...im not trying to make sound stupid but got to Eliminate everything.
I'm looking on Dell's site now, and I can find things saying that other Prescott's will work, but I can't find anything saying that this one won't. I'm still waiting on thier emails...

I'm working off this page:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=PowerEdgeServer-FAQS&message.id=8
Morpheus Mini
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700T SN970 GTX 960 Crucial CT102464BF160B 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 Windows 10 Pro MOTU Audio Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Morpheus Mini
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700T SN970 GTX 960 Crucial CT102464BF160B 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 Windows 10 Pro MOTU Audio Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 27
It is possible that the new chip is bad, did you try it in another machine? I just had the same problem with a brand new OEM chip, no boot, it would turn on but go no where.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400@4.0 DFI Blood Iron EVGA 9600GT 8 Gigs Gskill pc6400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Maxtor Diamond Max Windows7 Pro Acer AL2016W yes 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 500w SXS Ultra Aluminus yes yes 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400@4.0 DFI Blood Iron EVGA 9600GT 8 Gigs Gskill pc6400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Maxtor Diamond Max Windows7 Pro Acer AL2016W yes 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 500w SXS Ultra Aluminus yes yes 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipp
I'm looking on Dell's site now, and I can find things saying that other Prescott's will work, but I can't find anything saying that this one won't. I'm still waiting on thier emails...

I'm working off this page:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfor...S&message.id=8
Sorry mate the Links Busted. Plus what is the Exact CPU you are dealing with here and the motherboard..ill take a look into it.
post #15 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701
Sorry mate the Links Busted. Plus what is the Exact CPU you are dealing with here and the motherboard..ill take a look into it.
Interesting, I can't make the link work, either... Stupid Dell.

The mobo is non-mainstream, so I don't have a model number, but the large identifying tag by the CPU socket says: E210882. Northbridge is Intel 875P and Southbridge is marked as Intel SL73Z.

CPU is a Intel Pentium 4 Prescott 3.0E, 3.0ghz, socket 478, 1mb of L2. Let me know if you need more info.
Morpheus Mini
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700T SN970 GTX 960 Crucial CT102464BF160B 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 Windows 10 Pro MOTU Audio Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Morpheus Mini
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700T SN970 GTX 960 Crucial CT102464BF160B 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 Windows 10 Pro MOTU Audio Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipp
Interesting, I can't make the link work, either... Stupid Dell.

The mobo is non-mainstream, so I don't have a model number, but the large identifying tag by the CPU socket says: E210882. Northbridge is Intel 875P and Southbridge is marked as Intel SL73Z.

CPU is a Intel Pentium 4 Prescott 3.0E, 3.0ghz, socket 478, 1mb of L2. Let me know if you need more info.
Ill do my Best, Is it this Motherboard? : http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/at...4&d=1138228931
post #17 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701
Ill do my Best, Is it this Motherboard? : http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/at...4&d=1138228931
Simmilar, but not qiute. I'll take a picture.
Morpheus Mini
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700T SN970 GTX 960 Crucial CT102464BF160B 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 Windows 10 Pro MOTU Audio Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Morpheus Mini
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700T SN970 GTX 960 Crucial CT102464BF160B 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 Windows 10 Pro MOTU Audio Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 27
Ok Well i have Been Searching the Intel Website with the code : E210882 . I cant Find an Exact match but when i do search it babbles on with this : http://mysearch.intel.com/corporate/...archsubmit.y=5

AS you can say Down the page it keeps stating your Code :E210882

UPDATE**

Well searching that code Brings it back to this Motherboard mate : http://support.intel.com/support/mot.../cs-008791.htm



Another Update** I have Found the Cpu support List for this board which seems to be the board you have and it doesnt Support a 3.0ghz Cpu : http://support.intel.com/support/mot.../cs-008792.htm
post #19 of 27
The Intel MoBo is identified by the BIOS during boot up. Try this:

http://support.intel.com/support/mot.../cs-009015.htm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozart
The Intel MoBo is identified by the BIOS during boot up. Try this:

http://support.intel.com/support/mot.../cs-009015.htm
Funnily enough that applies to the mobo i posted above.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Socket 478 Prescott help