Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Xbox › PC is better than xbox360?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC is better than xbox360? - Page 5

post #41 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanDragon
"Better" is a very broad term...I prefer more "versatile" or "flexible".

All of you trying to lump one platform over another as the "best" one are just spinning your wheels.
I'd say the biggest difference between console games and pc games is that the console games are much more simplistic on average. There just isn't the complexity option using a mere game controller, but a pc can use nearly every key on the keyboard for a sophisticated simulator. Consoles are decent for sports/action games, but not for RTS,Sims, or anything more in depth.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 91
It blows my mind that people argue about this. The Xbox 360 is a 400 dollar computer that can play games very, very well. End of story.
:|
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 561 ES ASUS P5GPL-X nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 2x 512MB Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Western Digital Lite-On DVD Burner 1 <3 Beryl+Ubuntu 6.10 17" sick-ass CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 500W Aspire Green and Glowing Logitech MX 518 
Mouse Pad
Regular Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
:|
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 561 ES ASUS P5GPL-X nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 2x 512MB Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Western Digital Lite-On DVD Burner 1 <3 Beryl+Ubuntu 6.10 17" sick-ass CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 500W Aspire Green and Glowing Logitech MX 518 
Mouse Pad
Regular Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 91
I vote PC also, I hate to play Falcon 4.0 on a councel unit.... Like someone said the games for the councles are alot more simplistic
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6300 EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR 2x8800GTS 640MB Geil DDR2 Pc 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
XP 64bit 22 Wide 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Generic PC Power and Cooling 610 Thermaltake Compaq Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6300 EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR 2x8800GTS 640MB Geil DDR2 Pc 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
XP 64bit 22 Wide 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Generic PC Power and Cooling 610 Thermaltake Compaq Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by selectodude
It blows my mind that people argue about this. The Xbox 360 is a 400 dollar computer that can play games very, very well. End of story.

I don't feel like arguing about this but the 360 isn't a really a computer.
post #45 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesRule
I don't feel like arguing about this but the 360 isn't a really a computer.
Lol...what makes a computer a computer? My calculator is computer but my 360 isn't? The 360 computes, therefore it's a computer.

Definition of Computer:

A device that computes, especially a programmable electronic machine that performs high-speed mathematical or logical operations or that assembles, stores, correlates, or otherwise processes information.


You may say, "Fine then, It's not a PC"...well it also fits that definition.

A computer built around a microprocessor for use by an individual, as in an office or at home or school.


So basically, it's the best gaming rig one can get for $400. End of story. So stop comparing it to your $2000 rigs.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k @4.5GHz 24/7 GA-X99-SLI MSI 1080 TI Seahawk X 16GB gSkill 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
1tb 850 EVO 4TB of Spinners H110i GT Samsung 34" S34E790C Curved Ultrawide/ Oculus R... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair RM850X Fractal R5 Ti Window G900 Chaos Spectrum 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
6700hq 1070 16gb 1tb 850 evo 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @4.9GHz ASUS P8Z68-V PRO pny 970 4x4GB Hyper X 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Corsair Force 3+2TB Hitachi HDD+1.5TB WDGrn Lite ON BD RE Win7HP64 58" Samsung Plasma 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Blackwidow Ultimate NZXT HALE90 850W Thermaltake Element G Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k @4.5GHz 24/7 GA-X99-SLI MSI 1080 TI Seahawk X 16GB gSkill 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
1tb 850 EVO 4TB of Spinners H110i GT Samsung 34" S34E790C Curved Ultrawide/ Oculus R... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair RM850X Fractal R5 Ti Window G900 Chaos Spectrum 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
6700hq 1070 16gb 1tb 850 evo 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @4.9GHz ASUS P8Z68-V PRO pny 970 4x4GB Hyper X 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Corsair Force 3+2TB Hitachi HDD+1.5TB WDGrn Lite ON BD RE Win7HP64 58" Samsung Plasma 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Blackwidow Ultimate NZXT HALE90 850W Thermaltake Element G Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 91
http://search.blogger.com/?as_q=360&....com&x=293&y=9
These are by a guy (Rahul Sood) who makes his living on selling those $10,000 computers that we drool over (VoodooPC is his company). He thinks that the 360 is a great buy. He has one. Think about that for a while. Then think about this:

Xbox Live. Yes, I know you can game for free on a PC (unless you like MMO's, in which case a subscription for one may be the same cost as the same time period of XBL. Xbox Live is like Xfire on steroids. If somebody cheats on a CS:S, he may get banned from Steam. What's to stop him (or her) from cheating of BF2? On XBL, you get banned from all games if you cheat. That's just one example, though.

Also think about this: overclockers should get joy out of trying to do the impossible. If that's the truth then you guys should be trying to overclock a 360, not insulting it for being unable to.

I can't find it right now, but at least one 360 has had a mod chip put in.
OhMagic is right, you must have at least 720p and AA (don't remember the number) in all 360 games. You can't take advantage of it unless you have a HDTV but think of it as your $2000 gaming rig that can run all of the newest games at 1920x1080 at 30fps on a monitor that supports a max of 640x480@30Hz. And guess what? You can both play your 360 and watch TV on the same TV without a $50+ TV Tuner Card.

About the controllers, to each his (or her) own. I can't stand sports or driving games on a keyboard/mouse. I also couldn't play any RTS games on a controller.

I have both a 360 and the rig in my sig. I like them both. They each have their good points (for example, I like tuning my PC and it is upgradable while I could never play Oblivion on my current rig at full detail, 4xAA (or whatever the number is) at 1920x1080 with 30 frames per second).

The bottom line is that they are both good. Sure, you may want one over the other but they are both very different machines made with different purposes in mind. Do I think the 360 is a better buy if I need a gaming rig? Yes. Can a PC do more? Yes. So stop being fanboys.
post #47 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdagger
http://search.blogger.com/?as_q=360&....com&x=293&y=9
These are by a guy (Rahul Sood) who makes his living on selling those $10,000 computers that we drool over (VoodooPC is his company). He thinks that the 360 is a great buy. He has one. Think about that for a while. Then think about this:

Xbox Live. Yes, I know you can game for free on a PC (unless you like MMO's, in which case a subscription for one may be the same cost as the same time period of XBL. Xbox Live is like Xfire on steroids. If somebody cheats on a CS:S, he may get banned from Steam. What's to stop him (or her) from cheating of BF2? On XBL, you get banned from all games if you cheat. That's just one example, though.

Also think about this: overclockers should get joy out of trying to do the impossible. If that's the truth then you guys should be trying to overclock a 360, not insulting it for being unable to.

I can't find it right now, but at least one 360 has had a mod chip put in.
OhMagic is right, you must have at least 720p and AA (don't remember the number) in all 360 games. You can't take advantage of it unless you have a HDTV but think of it as your $2000 gaming rig that can run all of the newest games at 1920x1080 at 30fps on a monitor that supports a max of 640x480@30Hz. And guess what? You can both play your 360 and watch TV on the same TV without a $50+ TV Tuner Card.

About the controllers, to each his (or her) own. I can't stand sports or driving games on a keyboard/mouse. I also couldn't play any RTS games on a controller.

I have both a 360 and the rig in my sig. I like them both. They each have their good points (for example, I like tuning my PC and it is upgradable while I could never play Oblivion on my current rig at full detail, 4xAA (or whatever the number is) at 1920x1080 with 30 frames per second).

The bottom line is that they are both good. Sure, you may want one over the other but they are both very different machines made with different purposes in mind. Do I think the 360 is a better buy if I need a gaming rig? Yes. Can a PC do more? Yes. So stop being fanboys.
right on i agree with you a ton.. i also find it hard to play fighting games like Dead or Alive on a keyboard as well.. god just imagine trying to enter some of those complex inputs to do some of the combos and i have yet to see a 360 mod chip i would be interested in at least reading about it altho i have read tons about the 360 dvd firmware hack wich will make the 360 just like the old dreamcast
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 2600k Asus p8p67-Deluxe Zotac GTX780 6GB OC G-skill Ripjaws 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 250 Samsung EVO 120 Western Digital 1TB Black Lite On 20x DVD RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
XSPC RayStorm + 360Extreme Rad Arch Linux Windows 8.1 x64 WindowsRE 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB278Q ThermalTake Meka G1 Evga SuperNova 1000 P2 Xigmatek Elysium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitec G500 Gaming Mouse Ultra Pad Fiio E-17 + ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 2600k Asus p8p67-Deluxe Zotac GTX780 6GB OC G-skill Ripjaws 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 250 Samsung EVO 120 Western Digital 1TB Black Lite On 20x DVD RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
XSPC RayStorm + 360Extreme Rad Arch Linux Windows 8.1 x64 WindowsRE 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB278Q ThermalTake Meka G1 Evga SuperNova 1000 P2 Xigmatek Elysium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitec G500 Gaming Mouse Ultra Pad Fiio E-17 + ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippen Out
right on i agree with you a ton.. i also find it hard to play fighting games like Dead or Alive on a keyboard as well.. god just imagine trying to enter some of those complex inputs to do some of the combos and i have yet to see a 360 mod chip i would be interested in at least reading about it altho i have read tons about the 360 dvd firmware hack wich will make the 360 just like the old dreamcast
On a keyboard, you could just create a macro for each combo and save it to a hotkey. The advantage to do that is not only speed, but also reduced error. On a gamepad, some combos are pretty tough to get right 100% of the time. Probably takes the fun out of it, but you'd beat someone trying to compete by hand
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 91
If you have even a resonably good system, there is no rason to buy a console....
The Overmind
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 EVGA GTX 280 SLI G.Skill 6GB DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Maxtor 500GB SATA, Seagate 1TB, 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 Generic Asus Multiformat Windows 7 RC1 Dell 3007WFP-HC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Silverstone Decathalon 1000 Watt Antec 900 Microsoft Sidewinder 
Mouse Pad
Spongebob Squarepants Bitch! 
  hide details  
Reply
The Overmind
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 EVGA GTX 280 SLI G.Skill 6GB DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Maxtor 500GB SATA, Seagate 1TB, 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 Generic Asus Multiformat Windows 7 RC1 Dell 3007WFP-HC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Silverstone Decathalon 1000 Watt Antec 900 Microsoft Sidewinder 
Mouse Pad
Spongebob Squarepants Bitch! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwaterH4ck3r
If you have even a resonably good system, there is no rason to buy a console....
Period.

And, on an 360, you can't IM [MSN, AIM], play games while listening to WMP, or surf the net, in short, the 360 is a really good console, but if you have a computer that can pwn a 360, why buy it?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 XFX HD5870 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
60GB OCZ Vertex 3 + 2x TB Seagate LG DVD+RW Stock Intel Windows 7 64bit / OSX Mountain Lion 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2210 + 17" IBM Das Ultimate S Antec TruePower 650W Antec P183 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech MX Revolution X-Trac Ripper Objective 2 + ODAC Combo Sennheiser HD650 + Klipsch 2.1 Promedia 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 XFX HD5870 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
60GB OCZ Vertex 3 + 2x TB Seagate LG DVD+RW Stock Intel Windows 7 64bit / OSX Mountain Lion 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2210 + 17" IBM Das Ultimate S Antec TruePower 650W Antec P183 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech MX Revolution X-Trac Ripper Objective 2 + ODAC Combo Sennheiser HD650 + Klipsch 2.1 Promedia 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Xbox › PC is better than xbox360?