Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] NZXT PHANTOM Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NZXT PHANTOM Owner's Club - Page 1278

post #12771 of 15182
Thread Starter 
That's great Jerry..thanks!
post #12772 of 15182
I just secured a reference 6950 2GB, waterblock, and backplate, so I'll have some updates to come biggrin.gif.
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12773 of 15182
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelan View Post

I just secured a reference 6950 2GB, waterblock, and backplate, so I'll have some updates to come biggrin.gif.

Nice, look foward to seeing it.
post #12774 of 15182
MY current system...

Haswell
(16 items)
 
My systems
(49 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4670K MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming MSI Radeon HD 7970 Patriot Viper 3 Series, Black Mamba Edition 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series, 240GB Seagate 3TB LG Blu-Ray burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional BenQ G2420HD Acer G195w Logitech K350 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 NZXT Full Tower, White Logitech M510 generic blue 
  hide details  
Reply
Haswell
(16 items)
 
My systems
(49 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4670K MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming MSI Radeon HD 7970 Patriot Viper 3 Series, Black Mamba Edition 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series, 240GB Seagate 3TB LG Blu-Ray burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional BenQ G2420HD Acer G195w Logitech K350 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 NZXT Full Tower, White Logitech M510 generic blue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12775 of 15182
Thanks guys... the mouse pad take up too much room frown.gif but im getting use to it.
post #12776 of 15182
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post

I don't think we even MFG the USB 2.0 kits for the Phantom any longer, so getting one out anywhere wouldn't really be possible. Not to mention we won't be producing the current Phantom for much longer... if at all right now....
As for why it's more expensive in AUS, probably because of shipping.

What will be replacing the Phantom, or just a new model?
It kinda sucks living in Aus Looking at NewEggs prices it would save me close to $200 in the US. frown.gif though i'd probably just buy better hardware in that case.
post #12777 of 15182


As you can see I've decided where everything would go except for the pump and tubing. Please note that the motherboard's and WaterBlock's locations aren't accurate however their dimensions are as everything else. I tested the empty space above the 200mm fans with a 136mm*23mm Game's box elevated to add up to 25mm.

Now it's quite obvious that I'll need a rad mount for the top radiator but I have absolutely no idea of how to do one (I barely have any tools either but I'll probably find someone to borrow them from). Also, how much would the metal cost ?
Secondly, I still have no idea how I'll route the tubing (I've done loads of hand drawn sketches).
As for the pump I'm thinking that since it has to be below the reservoir (or at least that's what I read countless times) and I've got barely any space at the bottom of the case I'll put it on the PSU (since I don't feel like drilling through the PSU I'll probably do as NCIX did in his watercooling guide which was use velcro).

I also have some concerns about cheap Yate Loons I found on aquatuning (please note that they are D14SM when the others are D14SL or SH). Does anybody know if they're any good (I'm looking for silence over performance btw) ?

The liquid I'll be getting is EK UV BLUE premix (1000ml) is that enough or should I take two bottles ?. I want the tubing to be as clear as possible (I've noticed that most of the time reservoir and tubing coolant colors aren't the same and I don't want that to happen) so it could be any of these 8/11mm ones (I'll probably need 2meters but better safe than sorry so I'll take 3meters). I would've gone with 10/13mm but for budget reasons 8/11mm is the best option. I'll be using 8/11mm compression fittings (probably these) but angled ones might be needed so probably the cheap ones from here).


I know that's a lot of questions but it's my first project and I wouldn't want to miss anything (been watching hours of videos, NCIX, and Dazmode have great videos, and reading a lot). Thank you if you took the time to read through all that.
Current rig
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 @3800MHz P7P55D R9 290 @1150/1450MHz 2*4GB Hyper X Black @1600 MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64 Gig (7mm version) Custom Water Cooling, details in signature. Windows 8 Pro LG Flatron W2243S 21.5" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa OCZ StealthXstream 2 700W Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Razer Deathadder 3500dpi 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Scarab Razer Carcharias V2 (X360/PC) Roccat Apuri mouse Bungee / usb hub Samsung HDD 7200 rpm 1To 
CPUGraphicsPowerOther
EK Supreme HF CU Full copper EK-FC R9-290X - Nickel  MCP350 Alphacool DDC plexi top 
OtherOtherOtherOther
EK Coolstream XTC 280mm + 2x D14SM-12 Yate Loon... EK Coolstream XTC 280mm + 4x Akasa Apache (push... Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex 250ml reservoir 8/11mm ClearFlex60 tubing 
OtherOther
Mayhems Blue Berry Pastel + 9mL Mayhems blue dye Phobya fittings: 2x 45° | 2x 90° | 6x Straight 
  hide details  
Reply
Current rig
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 @3800MHz P7P55D R9 290 @1150/1450MHz 2*4GB Hyper X Black @1600 MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64 Gig (7mm version) Custom Water Cooling, details in signature. Windows 8 Pro LG Flatron W2243S 21.5" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa OCZ StealthXstream 2 700W Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Razer Deathadder 3500dpi 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Scarab Razer Carcharias V2 (X360/PC) Roccat Apuri mouse Bungee / usb hub Samsung HDD 7200 rpm 1To 
CPUGraphicsPowerOther
EK Supreme HF CU Full copper EK-FC R9-290X - Nickel  MCP350 Alphacool DDC plexi top 
OtherOtherOtherOther
EK Coolstream XTC 280mm + 2x D14SM-12 Yate Loon... EK Coolstream XTC 280mm + 4x Akasa Apache (push... Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex 250ml reservoir 8/11mm ClearFlex60 tubing 
OtherOther
Mayhems Blue Berry Pastel + 9mL Mayhems blue dye Phobya fittings: 2x 45° | 2x 90° | 6x Straight 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12778 of 15182
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelkevin View Post


As you can see I've decided where everything would go except for the pump and tubing. Please note that the motherboard's and WaterBlock's locations aren't accurate however their dimensions are as everything else. I tested the empty space above the 200mm fans with a 136mm*23mm Game's box elevated to add up to 25mm.
Now it's quite obvious that I'll need a rad mount for the top radiator but I have absolutely no idea of how to do one (I barely have any tools either but I'll probably find someone to borrow them from). Also, how much would the metal cost ?
Secondly, I still have no idea how I'll route the tubing (I've done loads of hand drawn sketches).
As for the pump I'm thinking that since it has to be below the reservoir (or at least that's what I read countless times) and I've got barely any space at the bottom of the case I'll put it on the PSU (since I don't feel like drilling through the PSU I'll probably do as NCIX did in his watercooling guide which was use velcro).
I also have some concerns about cheap Yate Loons I found on aquatuning (please note that they are D14SM when the others are D14SL or SH). Does anybody know if they're any good (I'm looking for silence over performance btw) ?
The liquid I'll be getting is EK UV BLUE premix (1000ml) is that enough or should I take two bottles ?. I want the tubing to be as clear as possible (I've noticed that most of the time reservoir and tubing coolant colors aren't the same and I don't want that to happen) so it could be any of these 8/11mm ones (I'll probably need 2meters but better safe than sorry so I'll take 3meters). I would've gone with 10/13mm but for budget reasons 8/11mm is the best option. I'll be using 8/11mm compression fittings (probably these) but angled ones might be needed so probably the cheap ones from here).
I know that's a lot of questions but it's my first project and I wouldn't want to miss anything (been watching hours of videos, NCIX, and Dazmode have great videos, and reading a lot). Thank you if you took the time to read through all that.

I have 5 high speed yates on my radiator, rated at 40db and 78 cfm I think. so when I play Tribes or ME3 at normal volume, quiet enough to talk to the wife and kids, I can NOT hear the fans at all. I do not use a fan controller by the way.
post #12779 of 15182
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgtuning View Post

I have 5 high speed yates on my radiator, rated at 40db and 78 cfm I think. so when I play Tribes or ME3 at normal volume, quiet enough to talk to the wife and kids, I can NOT hear the fans at all. I do not use a fan controller by the way.
Ok well that's at least one thing I now know smile.gif. So I'll take 4 of those for the top rad and will RMA the 4 Noctuas (snap a wing and they'll send a new one) if they've got any problem.

Thanks.

Btw, on the picture the PSU looks way to small but I'm guessing that's because I didn't count the space underneath it (you know, it sits on some rubber feet) and maybe the mobo should be lower (that looks small because it's micro ATX, on the side view picture it's a full ATX board, I was just checking whether or not I'd have problems down the road).
Current rig
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 @3800MHz P7P55D R9 290 @1150/1450MHz 2*4GB Hyper X Black @1600 MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64 Gig (7mm version) Custom Water Cooling, details in signature. Windows 8 Pro LG Flatron W2243S 21.5" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa OCZ StealthXstream 2 700W Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Razer Deathadder 3500dpi 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Scarab Razer Carcharias V2 (X360/PC) Roccat Apuri mouse Bungee / usb hub Samsung HDD 7200 rpm 1To 
CPUGraphicsPowerOther
EK Supreme HF CU Full copper EK-FC R9-290X - Nickel  MCP350 Alphacool DDC plexi top 
OtherOtherOtherOther
EK Coolstream XTC 280mm + 2x D14SM-12 Yate Loon... EK Coolstream XTC 280mm + 4x Akasa Apache (push... Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex 250ml reservoir 8/11mm ClearFlex60 tubing 
OtherOther
Mayhems Blue Berry Pastel + 9mL Mayhems blue dye Phobya fittings: 2x 45° | 2x 90° | 6x Straight 
  hide details  
Reply
Current rig
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 @3800MHz P7P55D R9 290 @1150/1450MHz 2*4GB Hyper X Black @1600 MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64 Gig (7mm version) Custom Water Cooling, details in signature. Windows 8 Pro LG Flatron W2243S 21.5" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa OCZ StealthXstream 2 700W Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Razer Deathadder 3500dpi 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Scarab Razer Carcharias V2 (X360/PC) Roccat Apuri mouse Bungee / usb hub Samsung HDD 7200 rpm 1To 
CPUGraphicsPowerOther
EK Supreme HF CU Full copper EK-FC R9-290X - Nickel  MCP350 Alphacool DDC plexi top 
OtherOtherOtherOther
EK Coolstream XTC 280mm + 2x D14SM-12 Yate Loon... EK Coolstream XTC 280mm + 4x Akasa Apache (push... Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex 250ml reservoir 8/11mm ClearFlex60 tubing 
OtherOther
Mayhems Blue Berry Pastel + 9mL Mayhems blue dye Phobya fittings: 2x 45° | 2x 90° | 6x Straight 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12780 of 15182
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelkevin View Post

Ok well that's at least one thing I now know smile.gif. So I'll take 4 of those for the top rad and will RMA the 4 Noctuas (snap a wing and they'll send a new one) if they've got any problem.
Thanks.
Btw, on the picture the PSU looks way to small but I'm guessing that's because I didn't count the space underneath it (you know, it sits on some rubber feet) and maybe the mobo should be lower (that looks small because it's micro ATX, on the side view picture it's a full ATX board, I was just checking whether or not I'd have problems down the road).

yeah the Motherboard should be lower but I dont think you need to worry about space with even an ATX, PSU, and the radiator at the bottom. lol that will be the same setup as my case will be down the road. but I will also be running a shroud.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] NZXT PHANTOM Owner's Club