Originally Posted by Reaper2794
Hey guys. So my friend and I are gonna be modding my Phantom and we have a lotta questions.
1) First of all we were wondering if we could get affordable sound reactive LEDs, not cathodes
2) We were gonna look into carbon fibre sheets. Where could we get our hands on this stuff? (Like k.3nny's)
3) For those who who spray painted the Phantom, do you guys have any suggestions for us?
4) What should we use to make a cutout in the side panel? We wanna make a custom window, we were thinking dremel. Any custom tips? Or other tools?
5) Where can we buy u-channel? Any suggestions for this?
6) I was gonna buy MDPC-X sleeving. Where are they based? I can't register or see their selection... I BUY the sleeving here right, this isn't a service? Cause I'd like to see what's available... considering his shop is always closed... Any alternatives? I want to sleeve my stuff myself, not have it sleeved in exchange for money
7) Is there any type of sleeving similar to the way MDPC-X is sleeved? I love how dense it is
8) Where should we buy heatshrink from?
9) We're not planning on buying a tool for removing the pins from the plastic, so what should we use? Or is there somewhere we can buy it for real cheap?
10) How do we know which kinda heatshrink to use?
Thanks for your time guys!
2) Never ordered any myself yet, but this should be what k3nny uses. There are cheaper alternatives, but I can almost guarantee it won't apply as nicely as this will. I've had cheaper carbon vinyl, and it's more metallic than vinyl, and doesn't wrap at all, only crinkles and looks like crap. Unless it's a flat surface. Even then, the texture isn't even comparable to the Di-noc.
4) A jigsaw with an 18tpi - 22tpi metal cutting blade works wonders for cutting. If you have good control, you can even get a nice radius in the corners with it. Or you can use it strictly for the straight edges, and use the dremel for any radius. If you only have a dremel, be prepared to buy quite a few cutting wheels. They wear down fairly quick. The reinforced ones will last longer, but are a lot more expensive.
5) I ordered my u-channel from here. Less than $1.00 a( not counting shipping, but if you order 10ft, it's still the same price as ordering from frozencpu+their shipping cost).
6) PM faMine, I know he just ordered from them, but he had to do it at 6am(California) because they have some weird hours lately due to sickness, or something. I believe they are based in Europe, but not sure exactly.