Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The [Official] Lian Li PC-A05 Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The [Official] Lian Li PC-A05 Club - Page 310

post #3091 of 3785
I'm running a D14 in my A05 too, fits just fine.

I wonder how it would work passive 2500k at stock?
Edited by ImmortalKenny - 9/27/12 at 4:25pm
post #3092 of 3785
Well before I took my previous 2500K chip out to package it and ship to next owner, I ran it stock and passive in my case with Thermalright True Spirit.
Rear fan was a lousy NF-P12 and it still stayed more than cool enough (way under 80*C) under extreme load (read IntelBurnTest AVX 6GB load)

With the HR-02 Macho you have more heatpipes (6 vs 4), True Spirit has 49 fins quite tightly packed with size of approximately 133x51mm meaning it's dissipation area is around 3300 square centimeters and the HR-02 Macho has less fins at 31 but they're quite loosely spaced with size of approximately 140x100mm meaning it's dissipation area is around 4300 square centimeters.
There's also the fact that True Spirit is such a narrow heatsink that it's distance to the intake airflow of the rear fan is really high. Compare that to the HR-02 Macho which will more than likely sit almost next to the rear fan, observe how off-center the HR-02 Macho will sit compared to the location of the CPU it's cooling.



True Spirit in my A05N



Now see the HR-02 Macho installed in some other case and notice how close it is to the rear fan* (*note that CPU socket location varies wildly between different motherboards)


Edited by lagittaja - 9/27/12 at 11:00pm
Butterfly effect
(19 items)
 
Helios
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z Club3D HD 7850 8GB Samsung 30nm 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8GB Team Group Crucial BX100 250GB WD30EFRX Samsung SH-B083L 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermalright HR-02 Macho Windows 10 Professional 64bit Benq G2410HD Cherry G80-3000 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic 660w XP2 Fractal Design Define R5 Logitech Performance Mouse MX SMSL SD-793ii 
OtherOtherOther
2x Fractal Design GP-14 1x Noctua NF-A14 PWM Kensington Expert Mouse 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G2120 Intel DH77EB Gigabyte 5670 DDR3 1Gb (GV-R567D3-1GI) Kingston 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL9 1.35v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD1001FALS Samsung 830 64GB Optiarc AD5280S Noctua NH-U12P 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2 Scythe Slip Stream PWM Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 32LH2000 Logitech MK520 Seasonic SS-400FL V2 Lian Li PC-A05NB 
Other
HDHomerun HDHR3/EU 
  hide details  
Reply
Butterfly effect
(19 items)
 
Helios
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z Club3D HD 7850 8GB Samsung 30nm 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8GB Team Group Crucial BX100 250GB WD30EFRX Samsung SH-B083L 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermalright HR-02 Macho Windows 10 Professional 64bit Benq G2410HD Cherry G80-3000 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic 660w XP2 Fractal Design Define R5 Logitech Performance Mouse MX SMSL SD-793ii 
OtherOtherOther
2x Fractal Design GP-14 1x Noctua NF-A14 PWM Kensington Expert Mouse 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G2120 Intel DH77EB Gigabyte 5670 DDR3 1Gb (GV-R567D3-1GI) Kingston 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL9 1.35v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD1001FALS Samsung 830 64GB Optiarc AD5280S Noctua NH-U12P 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2 Scythe Slip Stream PWM Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 32LH2000 Logitech MK520 Seasonic SS-400FL V2 Lian Li PC-A05NB 
Other
HDHomerun HDHR3/EU 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3093 of 3785
If I use that kind of a cooler should my rear fan be exhaust or intake? I guess intake to blow out the radiator...

And one more question - in my country Thermaltake True Spirit or HR-02 Macho are nowhere to be found. All I have is:

1. CoolerMaster TPC-812XS
2. CoolerMaster 612S
3. Thermaltake Frio
4. Thermaltake Contac
5.Scythe Mugen
6.Thermaltake SpinQ

and all of the Noctua's coolers.

Guys, I haven't done a mode on my TOP panel. And during the summer my chipset (motherboard) gets 50 degrees Celsius. Is this too much? And would it be better If I mount a PCI Slot Case Cooler like this one:

EVERCOOL SB-F1 PCI Slot Case Cooler

Because this is my new config I will be having:


Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK /Z77/ 1155
CPU: I5-3570K /3.4G/6MB/BOX/LGA1155
RAM: 2X4G DDR3 2400 GEIL EVO LEGGERA
VGA: ASUS GTX660 DirectCUII 2GB DDR5
PSU SEASONIC SSR-650RM GOLD

And I begin to worry about the airflow. What do you guys think? Will it be OK or should I buy PCI Slot Case Cooler or make a TOP panel mode with 2x120 fans?
post #3094 of 3785
Ebay is your friend.
Butterfly effect
(19 items)
 
Helios
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z Club3D HD 7850 8GB Samsung 30nm 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8GB Team Group Crucial BX100 250GB WD30EFRX Samsung SH-B083L 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermalright HR-02 Macho Windows 10 Professional 64bit Benq G2410HD Cherry G80-3000 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic 660w XP2 Fractal Design Define R5 Logitech Performance Mouse MX SMSL SD-793ii 
OtherOtherOther
2x Fractal Design GP-14 1x Noctua NF-A14 PWM Kensington Expert Mouse 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G2120 Intel DH77EB Gigabyte 5670 DDR3 1Gb (GV-R567D3-1GI) Kingston 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL9 1.35v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD1001FALS Samsung 830 64GB Optiarc AD5280S Noctua NH-U12P 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2 Scythe Slip Stream PWM Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 32LH2000 Logitech MK520 Seasonic SS-400FL V2 Lian Li PC-A05NB 
Other
HDHomerun HDHR3/EU 
  hide details  
Reply
Butterfly effect
(19 items)
 
Helios
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z Club3D HD 7850 8GB Samsung 30nm 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8GB Team Group Crucial BX100 250GB WD30EFRX Samsung SH-B083L 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermalright HR-02 Macho Windows 10 Professional 64bit Benq G2410HD Cherry G80-3000 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic 660w XP2 Fractal Design Define R5 Logitech Performance Mouse MX SMSL SD-793ii 
OtherOtherOther
2x Fractal Design GP-14 1x Noctua NF-A14 PWM Kensington Expert Mouse 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G2120 Intel DH77EB Gigabyte 5670 DDR3 1Gb (GV-R567D3-1GI) Kingston 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL9 1.35v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD1001FALS Samsung 830 64GB Optiarc AD5280S Noctua NH-U12P 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2 Scythe Slip Stream PWM Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 32LH2000 Logitech MK520 Seasonic SS-400FL V2 Lian Li PC-A05NB 
Other
HDHomerun HDHR3/EU 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3095 of 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha88 View Post

If I use that kind of a cooler should my rear fan be exhaust or intake? I guess intake to blow out the radiator...
And one more question - in my country Thermaltake True Spirit or HR-02 Macho are nowhere to be found. All I have is:
1. CoolerMaster TPC-812XS
2. CoolerMaster 612S
3. Thermaltake Frio
4. Thermaltake Contac
5.Scythe Mugen
6.Thermaltake SpinQ
and all of the Noctua's coolers.
Guys, I haven't done a mode on my TOP panel. And during the summer my chipset (motherboard) gets 50 degrees Celsius. Is this too much? And would it be better If I mount a PCI Slot Case Cooler like this one:
EVERCOOL SB-F1 PCI Slot Case Cooler
Because this is my new config I will be having:
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK /Z77/ 1155
CPU: I5-3570K /3.4G/6MB/BOX/LGA1155
RAM: 2X4G DDR3 2400 GEIL EVO LEGGERA
VGA: ASUS GTX660 DirectCUII 2GB DDR5
PSU SEASONIC SSR-650RM GOLD
And I begin to worry about the airflow. What do you guys think? Will it be OK or should I buy PCI Slot Case Cooler or make a TOP panel mode with 2x120 fans?

Get a Noctua cooler you won't be let down. And after eBay and possible shipping charges you may end up paying way too much for an average cooler.

Mod the top panel. I didn't look up the slot cooler you mentioned but if it's anything like I'm thinking it's not going to worth it. Blower type fans are notoriously loud but do move a ton of air. You will also be losing a pci slot, not that many average people fill all seven slots in a mini tower. Modding the panel will give you better performance at a mug lower noise level. But if you don't want cut up the top Lian Li does make a fan bracket for those slots by the pci brackets. A few of the members here use them and I think it may be linked on the first page of our club.
post #3096 of 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal0307 View Post

Get a Noctua cooler you won't be let down. And after eBay and possible shipping charges you may end up paying way too much for an average cooler.
Mod the top panel. I didn't look up the slot cooler you mentioned but if it's anything like I'm thinking it's not going to worth it. Blower type fans are notoriously loud but do move a ton of air. You will also be losing a pci slot, not that many average people fill all seven slots in a mini tower. Modding the panel will give you better performance at a mug lower noise level. But if you don't want cut up the top Lian Li does make a fan bracket for those slots by the pci brackets. A few of the members here use them and I think it may be linked on the first page of our club.


Geez, it's been a while....


How long have you been a moderator animal????
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.7ghz 1.34v Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev 3.0 GTX 550ti-not a gamer! 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OS: Crucial M4 64GB, 2x WD Caviar Blue 1TB Lite-On iHBS212 Windows 7 HP 64-bit HP 2311x 23" LED 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BTC Illuminated Corsair TX650W All White Lian Li A05N Microsoft Arc - White 
Mouse Pad
No 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.7ghz 1.34v Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev 3.0 GTX 550ti-not a gamer! 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OS: Crucial M4 64GB, 2x WD Caviar Blue 1TB Lite-On iHBS212 Windows 7 HP 64-bit HP 2311x 23" LED 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BTC Illuminated Corsair TX650W All White Lian Li A05N Microsoft Arc - White 
Mouse Pad
No 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3097 of 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB4UGO View Post


Geez, it's been a while....
How long have you been a moderator animal????

 

Around May.

post #3098 of 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal0307 View Post

Around May.

Nice man, congrats!
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.7ghz 1.34v Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev 3.0 GTX 550ti-not a gamer! 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OS: Crucial M4 64GB, 2x WD Caviar Blue 1TB Lite-On iHBS212 Windows 7 HP 64-bit HP 2311x 23" LED 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BTC Illuminated Corsair TX650W All White Lian Li A05N Microsoft Arc - White 
Mouse Pad
No 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.7ghz 1.34v Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev 3.0 GTX 550ti-not a gamer! 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OS: Crucial M4 64GB, 2x WD Caviar Blue 1TB Lite-On iHBS212 Windows 7 HP 64-bit HP 2311x 23" LED 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BTC Illuminated Corsair TX650W All White Lian Li A05N Microsoft Arc - White 
Mouse Pad
No 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3099 of 3785

Thanks. I will let you know I am still working on my case. I need to practice some TIG welding aluminum first but I think I'm going to get it done before Xmas. I've been putting it off too long.

post #3100 of 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal0307 View Post

Thanks. I will let you know I am still working on my case. I need to practice some TIG welding aluminum first but I think I'm going to get it done before Xmas. I've been putting it off too long.


I never thought I'd meet a more severe procrastinator than myself. thumb.gif

In all this time, all i did was make my octupus blue and gave him eyeballs. And named him Hector. Yep, that's all I've done.


Edited by PB4UGO - 9/28/12 at 11:01pm
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.7ghz 1.34v Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev 3.0 GTX 550ti-not a gamer! 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OS: Crucial M4 64GB, 2x WD Caviar Blue 1TB Lite-On iHBS212 Windows 7 HP 64-bit HP 2311x 23" LED 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BTC Illuminated Corsair TX650W All White Lian Li A05N Microsoft Arc - White 
Mouse Pad
No 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.7ghz 1.34v Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev 3.0 GTX 550ti-not a gamer! 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OS: Crucial M4 64GB, 2x WD Caviar Blue 1TB Lite-On iHBS212 Windows 7 HP 64-bit HP 2311x 23" LED 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BTC Illuminated Corsair TX650W All White Lian Li A05N Microsoft Arc - White 
Mouse Pad
No 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The [Official] Lian Li PC-A05 Club