New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

5-Bits - Page 172

post #1711 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeonsaga88 View Post

I am not folding in VM. Might be my MOBO plus a high Vcore enabling me to reach 4Ghz on air thumb.gif

What kind of PPD are you getting?

Might want to try the VM method (assuming you're running windows), this thread has pretty comprehensive instructions: http://www.overclock.net/t/757170/vmware-smp-guide-to-folding-a3s-in-a-vm/0_30

The version of VM ware shouldn't matter too much as you only have 4 cores (I'm running 4.0.2 with no issues and netting about 8-9K PPD). If you do manage to get it set up you should see an increase in PPD, if not, you can always switch back to what you're using now but in most cases you can get an increase in output.
Main System
(18 items)
 
Server
(11 items)
 
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon X5660 Intel Xeon X5660 Intel S5520UR Onboard 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 24GB (6x4GB) DDR3 ECC REG 1333MHz 500GB Samsung 2.5" SATA 250GB Seagate 3.5" SATA Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO + TX-3 
OSPowerCase
Windows Server 2012 x64 Dell OEM PSU 375W Antec 900 II (Modified) 
  hide details  
Reply
Main System
(18 items)
 
Server
(11 items)
 
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon X5660 Intel Xeon X5660 Intel S5520UR Onboard 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 24GB (6x4GB) DDR3 ECC REG 1333MHz 500GB Samsung 2.5" SATA 250GB Seagate 3.5" SATA Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO + TX-3 
OSPowerCase
Windows Server 2012 x64 Dell OEM PSU 375W Antec 900 II (Modified) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1712 of 1755
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodieboy143 View Post


Nice! Are you folding in a VM? The motherboard I'm using had problems anywhere past 3.25 for me but I feel that the chip has plenty more left in it. When is the changeover going into effect? I can keep folding 24/7 until about the 20th but it would probably be better if you switched the passkey being monitored as xeonsaga has his chip clocked higher.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeonsaga88 View Post


I am not folding in VM. Might be my MOBO plus a high Vcore enabling me to reach 4Ghz on air thumb.gif

 

Because we're having a problem with xeonsaga88's stats I believe he was added yesterday.

 

brodieboy if we need a temp folder I'll keep you in mind.

 

As far as using a VM, xeonsaga88 I'd suggest your stats get fixed first.

YGBSM!
(18 items)
 
exTC Folder
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Motorola MC6800 SS50 Backplane with support for SS-50 plug in b... MP-C Serial Interface MP-M 8k Ram 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Flex CT-64 CT-1024 Terminal 8V 10 Amp 
Other
SWTPC AC-30 Cassette Interface 
  hide details  
Reply
YGBSM!
(18 items)
 
exTC Folder
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Motorola MC6800 SS50 Backplane with support for SS-50 plug in b... MP-C Serial Interface MP-M 8k Ram 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Flex CT-64 CT-1024 Terminal 8V 10 Amp 
Other
SWTPC AC-30 Cassette Interface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1713 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodieboy143 View Post

What kind of PPD are you getting?

Might want to try the VM method (assuming you're running windows), this thread has pretty comprehensive instructions: http://www.overclock.net/t/757170/vmware-smp-guide-to-folding-a3s-in-a-vm/0_30

The version of VM ware shouldn't matter too much as you only have 4 cores (I'm running 4.0.2 with no issues and netting about 8-9K PPD). If you do manage to get it set up you should see an increase in PPD, if not, you can always switch back to what you're using now but in most cases you can get an increase in output.

Getting 10-12k ppd, will give VM a go when my stats are fixed.
post #1714 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgclb View Post


Because we're having a problem with xeonsaga88's stats I believe he was added yesterday.

brodieboy if we need a temp folder I'll keep you in mind.

As far as using a VM, xeonsaga88 I'd suggest your stats get fixed first.

Msgclb, my stats are updating correctly now thumb.gif
post #1715 of 1755
Thread Starter 

thumbsupsmiley.png

We're moving up.

Slammers next!

YGBSM!
(18 items)
 
exTC Folder
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Motorola MC6800 SS50 Backplane with support for SS-50 plug in b... MP-C Serial Interface MP-M 8k Ram 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Flex CT-64 CT-1024 Terminal 8V 10 Amp 
Other
SWTPC AC-30 Cassette Interface 
  hide details  
Reply
YGBSM!
(18 items)
 
exTC Folder
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Motorola MC6800 SS50 Backplane with support for SS-50 plug in b... MP-C Serial Interface MP-M 8k Ram 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Flex CT-64 CT-1024 Terminal 8V 10 Amp 
Other
SWTPC AC-30 Cassette Interface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1716 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodieboy143 View Post

What kind of PPD are you getting?

Might want to try the VM method (assuming you're running windows), this thread has pretty comprehensive instructions: http://www.overclock.net/t/757170/vmware-smp-guide-to-folding-a3s-in-a-vm/0_30

The version of VM ware shouldn't matter too much as you only have 4 cores (I'm running 4.0.2 with no issues and netting about 8-9K PPD). If you do manage to get it set up you should see an increase in PPD, if not, you can always switch back to what you're using now but in most cases you can get an increase in output.

Hi brodieboy143, i have followed your guide and managed to set up VM, do i need to Enable Advmethods? I have followed exactly except changing the cores to 4 and the kernel to core 2 in the web config. Also how do i check what PPD i am getting?
post #1717 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeonsaga88 View Post

Hi brodieboy143, i have followed your guide and managed to set up VM, do i need to Enable Advmethods? I have followed exactly except changing the cores to 4 and the kernel to core 2 in the web config. Also how do i check what PPD i am getting?

If it's only with the quad.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=630197

The last update for team stats is 9 PM CST in the US. If you didn't upload a wu before 8 PM if will probably go to the next days stats.

http://tc.folding.net/index.php?p=team&team=5-Bits&interval=updates&year=&month=&history=

Click away and have fun. thumb.gif
Edited by hertz9753 - 2/6/13 at 12:07am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1718 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post

If it's only with the quad.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=630197

The last update for team stats is 9 PM CST in the US. If you didn't upload a wu before 8 PM if will probably go to the next days stats.

http://tc.folding.net/index.php?p=team&team=5-Bits&interval=updates&year=&month=&history=

Click away and have fun. thumb.gif

From the second link you gave me, it shaow a different value of total points for feb, when compared to the stats on the 2nd post. Is that a cause for concern?
post #1719 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeonsaga88 View Post

From the second link you gave me, it shaow a different value of total points for feb, when compared to the stats on the 2nd post. Is that a cause for concern?

The second link is your 5-Bits team points since you were added to the team.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1720 of 1755
Guys, do a3 or a4 projects give higher PPD? Using VM it seems that the projects that i am assigned to uses a3 core (instead of the a4 i am getting on v7 without VM).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Team Competition