Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Need advice between 8 Gb KIT
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need advice between 8 Gb KIT - Page 2

post #11 of 16
You could get much much more at that price point; just go with a cheaper 9-9-9 kit if one is available, or get a better kit such as the Ripjaws 7-8-7 2x4GB kit for near-same price.
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
two for Ripjaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
You could get much much more at that price point; just go with a cheaper 9-9-9 kit if one is available, or get a better kit such as the Ripjaws 7-8-7 2x4GB kit for near-same price.
i'm concerning about your last post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
Likely not; with generic 1333 9-9-9 memory you're looking at lower-binned IC's that usually don't overclock too far, and may hold back your overclocks with everything else; perhaps the Patriot Low Latency kit (assuming they're rated 7-7-7 or so like most Patriot low latency kits) may be your best choice
i need more luck to make it run CL 7 @ 800Mhz
Edited by 1d10t - 12/6/10 at 5:25pm
post #13 of 16
800Mhz x2 = 1600Mhz, due to dual data rate which sends data on the rising/falling edges of the clock. Physically runs at 800Mhz but data-wise runs at 1600MT/s or for simplicity 1600Mhz. You're actually not doing that bad.
post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
800Mhz x2 = 1600Mhz, due to dual data rate which sends data on the rising/falling edges of the clock. Physically runs at 800Mhz but data-wise runs at 1600MT/s or for simplicity 1600Mhz. You're actually not doing that bad.
yes.. i know that

i'll be back with the result two days later when my ripjaws arrive.Thanks

oh and i just noticed your sig. where is Hexagonal 1055T and GSkill Eco ?
post #15 of 16
Mushkin Redlines.

If you want to save a bit of cash blacklines.

I'd go redlines. Scary fast.
Snoopy 5
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Asus Sabertooth X58 XFX Radeon 6970 6GB (3x2GB) Mushkin Enhanced Redline cas 6 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 830 Series 256GB Samsung Spinpoint f4 2TB Samsung dvd/cd read and write Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
25" 1920x1080 Cougar CMX-1000 Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
Snoopy 5
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Asus Sabertooth X58 XFX Radeon 6970 6GB (3x2GB) Mushkin Enhanced Redline cas 6 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 830 Series 256GB Samsung Spinpoint f4 2TB Samsung dvd/cd read and write Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
25" 1920x1080 Cougar CMX-1000 Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1d10t View Post
yes.. i know that

i'll be back with the result two days later when my ripjaws arrive.Thanks

oh and i just noticed your sig. where is Hexagonal 1055T and GSkill Eco ?
All the way at home
Well actually I'm still on Hexagonal, but next Monday I'm leaving the country and for 4 weeks am stuck with this little beast. To at least be able to have some quad-core power (i.e. video editing) overseas will be quite nice this is a conversion of my dad's office PC into an mATX SFF PC that I can carry in luggage.
I just got an older model Minuet for $40 - actually a full K7 system and all not disappointing at all. All I have to do is cram that Minuet case with an x4 630 and blu-ray drive among other things, bring some of my blu-rays and other materials and I'm all set for the days that I won't be out sightseeing
Edited by xd_1771 - 12/6/10 at 11:01pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Need advice between 8 Gb KIT