Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] XSPC Rasa 750 RS/RX120/240/360 Kit Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] XSPC Rasa 750 RS/RX120/240/360 Kit Club - Page 1195

post #11941 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodums View Post

I forgot the silver kill coil in my original order, and had to order it separately. It will be arriving a week later, but is it safe to assume that running the setup for 1 week on distilled water with no kill coil and additives won't hurt?

I think you should be fine. The copper ions from the rest of your loop with the distilled should be sufficient for a week.
post #11942 of 13773
Alright major water cooling noob with 0 knowledge right here! All my current parts are in my sig( and a fan controller arrives today )

I almost bought a H100 because my system is way to hot and loud. A friend of my told me not to.. instead come here. So i saw ( http://www.svc.com/r750rs240.html ) Thought it was cool. Saw a lit up cpu water block somewhere in here and thought it was sick( don't know if its bad or good or where to get). I believe i would be fine with the 240kit since i have a Haf x case.

Another thing what kind of liquid do i need? I see all kinds of different brands and ect. One last thing on the liquid.. what color would look the best in my build? biggrin.gif ( plan to do some sleeving soon)

On the fan side.. which way would i need to have the fans facing in my case for the rad( rad will fit in the top of my case with room for 2 fans on top and under rad). I also need to replace a few fans in my case considering the noise level is annoying( and get 2 for the rad) I heard these are good http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426018

Any help/info/insight would rock thumb.gif
Ma Beast
(31 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770K ASUS P8Z77 WS EVGA 06G-P4-3787-KR GeForce GTX 780 SC 6GB EVGA 06G-P4-3787-KR GeForce GTX 780 SC 6GB 
RAMRAMRAMRAM
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA I... Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32M... 1TB Samsung 840 EVO ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H100i Windows 10 ASUS VS24AH-P ASUS VS24AH-P 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS24AH-P Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W COOLER MASTER Storm Stryker 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Taipan Razer Manticor Razer Tiamat 7.1 ALTEC LANSING MX6021 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Logitech C910 USB 2.0 1080p HD Pro Webcam Blue yeti mic Dxracer Custom modular corner desk 
OtherOtherOther
Triple monitor stand 48ft of RGB LED's NZXT Hue 
  hide details  
Reply
Ma Beast
(31 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770K ASUS P8Z77 WS EVGA 06G-P4-3787-KR GeForce GTX 780 SC 6GB EVGA 06G-P4-3787-KR GeForce GTX 780 SC 6GB 
RAMRAMRAMRAM
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA I... Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32M... 1TB Samsung 840 EVO ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H100i Windows 10 ASUS VS24AH-P ASUS VS24AH-P 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS24AH-P Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W COOLER MASTER Storm Stryker 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Taipan Razer Manticor Razer Tiamat 7.1 ALTEC LANSING MX6021 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Logitech C910 USB 2.0 1080p HD Pro Webcam Blue yeti mic Dxracer Custom modular corner desk 
OtherOtherOther
Triple monitor stand 48ft of RGB LED's NZXT Hue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11943 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysteve007 View Post

Alright major water cooling noob with 0 knowledge right here! All my current parts are in my sig( and a fan controller arrives today )
I almost bought a H100 because my system is way to hot and loud. A friend of my told me not to.. instead come here. So i saw ( http://www.svc.com/r750rs240.html ) Thought it was cool. Saw a lit up cpu water block somewhere in here and thought it was sick( don't know if its bad or good or where to get). I believe i would be fine with the 240kit since i have a Haf x case.
Another thing what kind of liquid do i need? I see all kinds of different brands and ect. One last thing on the liquid.. what color would look the best in my build? biggrin.gif ( plan to do some sleeving soon)
On the fan side.. which way would i need to have the fans facing in my case for the rad( rad will fit in the top of my case with room for 2 fans on top and under rad). I also need to replace a few fans in my case considering the noise level is annoying( and get 2 for the rad) I heard these are good http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426018
Any help/info/insight would rock thumb.gif

You should be able to fit the 240 rad up top.

That's 1000x better than a H100. You also get more flexibility to do and change what you want without having to really shell out more money.

As for liquid, I recommend using straight distilled water with some Dead Water drops + a kill coil.

As for the fan configuration on your rad, since heat travels up, I'd recommend snagging 2 more fans and running push/pull if you can. Have an intake in the front, the back, and the top fans p/p air out of your case. Also, depending on what PSU you have and if you're running enough components to make the fan spin, you can also use the PSU to suck all the hot air from the GPU and blow out the back of your PSU thus keeping your case temp fairly nice so when your fans up top are pulling all the air out, it's not all just a bunch of hot air.

Hope this makes sense to you lol. This is the configuration I have running currently and it's working and has been working flawlessly. Kind of tired, so if you have any other question feel free to ask and if I can't get back with you on it I'm sure the other nice, helpful people here on OCN or the fellow members of this club will assist you further. thumb.gif
 
Dell UltraSharp U2412M IPS Panel
Dell UltraSharp U2412M
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Apple A7 Cyclone x64 Chip @ 1.3Ghz Apple PowerVR G6430 1GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
16GB Internal Storage Passive iOS 7.0.3 4.0" 1136x640 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
On-Screen 1560mAH Battery Apple iPhone 5S Space Grey Touch ID Finger Print Scanner 
AudioOtherOther
3.5mm Jack Nano SIM Lightning Connector 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Dell UltraSharp U2412M IPS Panel
Dell UltraSharp U2412M
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Apple A7 Cyclone x64 Chip @ 1.3Ghz Apple PowerVR G6430 1GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
16GB Internal Storage Passive iOS 7.0.3 4.0" 1136x640 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
On-Screen 1560mAH Battery Apple iPhone 5S Space Grey Touch ID Finger Print Scanner 
AudioOtherOther
3.5mm Jack Nano SIM Lightning Connector 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11944 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin1 View Post

You should be able to fit the 240 rad up top.
That's 1000x better than a H100. You also get more flexibility to do and change what you want without having to really shell out more money.
As for liquid, I recommend using straight distilled water with some Dead Water drops + a kill coil.
As for the fan configuration on your rad, since heat travels up, I'd recommend snagging 2 more fans and running push/pull if you can. Have an intake in the front, the back, and the top fans p/p air out of your case. Also, depending on what PSU you have and if you're running enough components to make the fan spin, you can also use the PSU to suck all the hot air from the GPU and blow out the back of your PSU thus keeping your case temp fairly nice so when your fans up top are pulling all the air out, it's not all just a bunch of hot air.
Hope this makes sense to you lol. This is the configuration I have running currently and it's working and has been working flawlessly. Kind of tired, so if you have any other question feel free to ask and if I can't get back with you on it I'm sure the other nice, helpful people here on OCN or the fellow members of this club will assist you further. thumb.gif

Sweet! That makes sense.
And is there a certain brand of Dead Water drops that is good? and what is a kill coil? o.o
Ma Beast
(31 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770K ASUS P8Z77 WS EVGA 06G-P4-3787-KR GeForce GTX 780 SC 6GB EVGA 06G-P4-3787-KR GeForce GTX 780 SC 6GB 
RAMRAMRAMRAM
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA I... Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32M... 1TB Samsung 840 EVO ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H100i Windows 10 ASUS VS24AH-P ASUS VS24AH-P 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS24AH-P Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W COOLER MASTER Storm Stryker 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Taipan Razer Manticor Razer Tiamat 7.1 ALTEC LANSING MX6021 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Logitech C910 USB 2.0 1080p HD Pro Webcam Blue yeti mic Dxracer Custom modular corner desk 
OtherOtherOther
Triple monitor stand 48ft of RGB LED's NZXT Hue 
  hide details  
Reply
Ma Beast
(31 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770K ASUS P8Z77 WS EVGA 06G-P4-3787-KR GeForce GTX 780 SC 6GB EVGA 06G-P4-3787-KR GeForce GTX 780 SC 6GB 
RAMRAMRAMRAM
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA I... Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32M... 1TB Samsung 840 EVO ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H100i Windows 10 ASUS VS24AH-P ASUS VS24AH-P 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS24AH-P Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W COOLER MASTER Storm Stryker 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Taipan Razer Manticor Razer Tiamat 7.1 ALTEC LANSING MX6021 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Logitech C910 USB 2.0 1080p HD Pro Webcam Blue yeti mic Dxracer Custom modular corner desk 
OtherOtherOther
Triple monitor stand 48ft of RGB LED's NZXT Hue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11945 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysteve007 View Post

Sweet! That makes sense.
And is there a certain brand of Dead Water drops that is good? and what is a kill coil? o.o

It's literally called Dead Water.. tongue.gif

Kill Coil A kill coil is a tiny piece of silver that is spun like in the link. Helps kill all all the nasty stuff. tongue.gif
 
Dell UltraSharp U2412M IPS Panel
Dell UltraSharp U2412M
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Apple A7 Cyclone x64 Chip @ 1.3Ghz Apple PowerVR G6430 1GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
16GB Internal Storage Passive iOS 7.0.3 4.0" 1136x640 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
On-Screen 1560mAH Battery Apple iPhone 5S Space Grey Touch ID Finger Print Scanner 
AudioOtherOther
3.5mm Jack Nano SIM Lightning Connector 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Dell UltraSharp U2412M IPS Panel
Dell UltraSharp U2412M
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Apple A7 Cyclone x64 Chip @ 1.3Ghz Apple PowerVR G6430 1GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
16GB Internal Storage Passive iOS 7.0.3 4.0" 1136x640 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
On-Screen 1560mAH Battery Apple iPhone 5S Space Grey Touch ID Finger Print Scanner 
AudioOtherOther
3.5mm Jack Nano SIM Lightning Connector 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11946 of 13773
i just bought a new 800D
have a look brothers...

400


400


436



400
post #11947 of 13773
Ordered myself an RX360 kit from FrozenCPU and am psyched to get my hands wet (pardon the pun).

I see the tubing and fittings are all g1/4 thread, 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD compression fittings

Here's my question:

is this a good tube size/ fitting match? I've read of people recommending that the tubing be a size smaller than the fitting to create a very tight seal.
also, whenever I'm looking to buy a gpu block - which don't include fittings - I'm usually offered to add fittings from a list and none of which are for tubes 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD.
So, what gives? Is this an unusual size? I know I can choose my fitting separately, that's not the issue, I just find it strange and wanted to know what you thought of this.
My Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2550k ASUS Maximus Extreme-Z MSI 7970  Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB (4x4) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 120gb x 2 in Raid 0 Liteon iHAS422(?) XSPC Raystorm RX360 Extreme Water Cooling Kit  EK 7970 Acetal/Copper Water Block 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 7 Ultimate 42" Sharp Aquos 1080p 2 x ASUS 27" 1080p LCD/LED Corsair K90 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 HAF X Logitech G700 My Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2550k ASUS Maximus Extreme-Z MSI 7970  Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB (4x4) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 120gb x 2 in Raid 0 Liteon iHAS422(?) XSPC Raystorm RX360 Extreme Water Cooling Kit  EK 7970 Acetal/Copper Water Block 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 7 Ultimate 42" Sharp Aquos 1080p 2 x ASUS 27" 1080p LCD/LED Corsair K90 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 HAF X Logitech G700 My Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11948 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodums View Post

I forgot the silver kill coil in my original order, and had to order it separately. It will be arriving a week later, but is it safe to assume that running the setup for 1 week on distilled water with no kill coil and additives won't hurt?

that should be fine...you wanna know what i run...tap water with some 70% isoprorpyl alcohol baby!!!
post #11949 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeTorque View Post

Ordered myself an RX360 kit from FrozenCPU and am psyched to get my hands wet (pardon the pun).
I see the tubing and fittings are all g1/4 thread, 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD compression fittings
Here's my question:
is this a good tube size/ fitting match? I've read of people recommending that the tubing be a size smaller than the fitting to create a very tight seal.
also, whenever I'm looking to buy a gpu block - which don't include fittings - I'm usually offered to add fittings from a list and none of which are for tubes 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD.
So, what gives? Is this an unusual size? I know I can choose my fitting separately, that's not the issue, I just find it strange and wanted to know what you thought of this.

I think with compression fittings they need to be spot on matched sizes for id / od . I dont have my water kit yet, but I'm working on that and it shouldnt be long. The rear (screw piece) of the compression fitting matches the tubing as it sort of grips the tube to hold it in place so to speak. If you got a smaller od tubing size for those fittings I would think it cause the fitting to not have a good hold and you could get possible leaking as the seal would not be completely secure.

As I said, I dont have my kit yet though so maybe someone better experienced with compression fittings could jump in and tell me if I have the right idea or (to quote billy madison) "You are all dumber now for listening to me and at no point did I come close to even making a rational thought." biggrin.gif
post #11950 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin1 View Post

It's literally called Dead Water.. tongue.gif
Kill Coil A kill coil is a tiny piece of silver that is spun like in the link. Helps kill all all the nasty stuff. tongue.gif

Yea i found both this morning biggrin.gif I was tired so i was in uber derp mode <.<<br /> Thanks!
Ma Beast
(31 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770K ASUS P8Z77 WS EVGA 06G-P4-3787-KR GeForce GTX 780 SC 6GB EVGA 06G-P4-3787-KR GeForce GTX 780 SC 6GB 
RAMRAMRAMRAM
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA I... Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32M... 1TB Samsung 840 EVO ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H100i Windows 10 ASUS VS24AH-P ASUS VS24AH-P 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS24AH-P Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W COOLER MASTER Storm Stryker 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Taipan Razer Manticor Razer Tiamat 7.1 ALTEC LANSING MX6021 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Logitech C910 USB 2.0 1080p HD Pro Webcam Blue yeti mic Dxracer Custom modular corner desk 
OtherOtherOther
Triple monitor stand 48ft of RGB LED's NZXT Hue 
  hide details  
Reply
Ma Beast
(31 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770K ASUS P8Z77 WS EVGA 06G-P4-3787-KR GeForce GTX 780 SC 6GB EVGA 06G-P4-3787-KR GeForce GTX 780 SC 6GB 
RAMRAMRAMRAM
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA I... Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32M... 1TB Samsung 840 EVO ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H100i Windows 10 ASUS VS24AH-P ASUS VS24AH-P 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS24AH-P Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W COOLER MASTER Storm Stryker 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Taipan Razer Manticor Razer Tiamat 7.1 ALTEC LANSING MX6021 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Logitech C910 USB 2.0 1080p HD Pro Webcam Blue yeti mic Dxracer Custom modular corner desk 
OtherOtherOther
Triple monitor stand 48ft of RGB LED's NZXT Hue 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] XSPC Rasa 750 RS/RX120/240/360 Kit Club