Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] XSPC Rasa 750 RS/RX120/240/360 Kit Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] XSPC Rasa 750 RS/RX120/240/360 Kit Club - Page 1232

post #12311 of 13771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post

Hey guys, I got a question about loop order. I'm new to water cooling , so be gentle. wink.gif
Here is a pic of my layout:
snip
The white represents the dual bay res pump. Which port is the outlet, and which is inlet? What's the best loop order, and remember, I have two 6950s that are just air cooled in the case as well. smile.gif

What I would do is to just put everything in and then connect it all in the cleanest/easiest way. The loop order doesn't matter, as the fast flow rate makes the temperatures in the loop become more even than not (obviously ever so slightly warmer coming from block outlets). I worried about the same things when I started water cooling, but now when I re-do my loop, I just wing it and make it as neat as possible, and the temps are EXACTLY the same as they were before haha. Enjoy the experience! biggrin.gif
lil nugget
(12 items)
 
16Tb FreeNAS
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX 16gb Samsung Green 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung F3 WD Caviar Green Intel 320 Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Pro SyncMaster SA700 120hz AX 650 Silverstone TJ08-e 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron G530 Intel BOXDH67CLB3 LGA 1155 Intel H67 hd2000 (Headless System) 16gb samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
seagate barracuda green 7200 2tb (x8) RAID 10 FreeNAS 8.2 corsair cx430 rosewill challenger u3 
  hide details  
Reply
lil nugget
(12 items)
 
16Tb FreeNAS
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX 16gb Samsung Green 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung F3 WD Caviar Green Intel 320 Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Pro SyncMaster SA700 120hz AX 650 Silverstone TJ08-e 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron G530 Intel BOXDH67CLB3 LGA 1155 Intel H67 hd2000 (Headless System) 16gb samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
seagate barracuda green 7200 2tb (x8) RAID 10 FreeNAS 8.2 corsair cx430 rosewill challenger u3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12312 of 13771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokin View Post

The inlet is the port closest to the motherboard and the outlet is the silver or chrome port that is connected to the pump. I think the cleanest look would be pump out>CPU in>CPU out>rad closest to side panel> rad mobo side> res in.
There isn't much variance as you only have 3parts to mix and match. The only other way is pump>rad>CPU>res.

I would suggest pump>rad>cpu>res in. That way the water is a cooler since the pump will probably heat it up a little.
post #12313 of 13771
Quote:
Originally Posted by selluminis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokin View Post

The inlet is the port closest to the motherboard and the outlet is the silver or chrome port that is connected to the pump. I think the cleanest look would be pump out>CPU in>CPU out>rad closest to side panel> rad mobo side> res in.
There isn't much variance as you only have 3parts to mix and match. The only other way is pump>rad>CPU>res.

I would suggest pump>rad>cpu>res in. That way the water is a cooler since the pump will probably heat it up a little.


+1...agree with this. sorry i couldnt get respond sooner
X58 Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920  ASRock X58 Extreme EVGA GTX 670 FTW Kingston Hyper X 2000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Patriot Torqx 2 Hitachi XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 Cougar Vortex 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Cooler Master Megaflow Gelid 140mm Windows 7 Ultimate ASUS VE24 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS24 Logitech Corsair HX750 Cooler Master HAF X 932 Advanced 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Gaming Mouse Razer Goliath 
  hide details  
Reply
X58 Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920  ASRock X58 Extreme EVGA GTX 670 FTW Kingston Hyper X 2000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Patriot Torqx 2 Hitachi XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 Cougar Vortex 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Cooler Master Megaflow Gelid 140mm Windows 7 Ultimate ASUS VE24 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS24 Logitech Corsair HX750 Cooler Master HAF X 932 Advanced 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Gaming Mouse Razer Goliath 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12314 of 13771
Thanks guys!
Hephaestus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 2500K [4.5Ghz][100x45][1.29v] MSi P67A-GD65 [1.9 BIOS] MSi GTX670 PE OC MSi GTX670 PE OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz [9-9-9-24] Crucial M4 256GB [CORE] WD Caviar Black 1TB [FILEZ] WD Caviar Black 2TB [GAMEZ] 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu-Ray Combo Corsair H50 [Push/Pull][UltraKaze 3Ks] Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Retail SP1 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 27" S-IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec TP-750 Blue Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 Razer Naga Epic 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Fragger Speed  X-Fi Titanium Logitech z5300 5.1 Logitech G930 
OtherOther
MS LifeCam Studio 1080p Belkin n52te 
  hide details  
Reply
Hephaestus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 2500K [4.5Ghz][100x45][1.29v] MSi P67A-GD65 [1.9 BIOS] MSi GTX670 PE OC MSi GTX670 PE OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz [9-9-9-24] Crucial M4 256GB [CORE] WD Caviar Black 1TB [FILEZ] WD Caviar Black 2TB [GAMEZ] 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu-Ray Combo Corsair H50 [Push/Pull][UltraKaze 3Ks] Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Retail SP1 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 27" S-IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec TP-750 Blue Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 Razer Naga Epic 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Fragger Speed  X-Fi Titanium Logitech z5300 5.1 Logitech G930 
OtherOther
MS LifeCam Studio 1080p Belkin n52te 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12315 of 13771
It shouldn't matter as the water temperature equalizes fairly quickly (within minutes), but it will be a triangle regardless of how you orient the tubing.

With my pump and rad in the bottom of my case, my res on my front bay, and my 2 gpus and cpu, my loop order is:

res>rad>pump>cpu>gpu1>gpu2>res

It isn't the most ideal loop order, but it's the shortest length of tubing and cleanest with just straight barbs. I will probably change the order a bit and maybe the position of things if I ever get 45 degree fittings and a 240mm rad.
Edited by Kokin - 4/24/12 at 1:47am
post #12316 of 13771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokin View Post

It shouldn't matter as the water temperature equalizes fairly quickly (within minutes), but it will be a triangle regardless of how you orient the tubing.
With my pump and rad in the bottom of my case, my res on my front bay, and my 2 gpus and cpu, my loop order is:
res>rad>pump>cpu>gpu1>gpu2>res
It isn't the most ideal loop order, but it's the shortest length of tubing and cleanest with just straight barbs. I will probably change the order a bit and maybe the position of things if I ever get 45 degree fittings and a 240mm rad.

That makes sense too.
post #12317 of 13771
I just installed the rx360 for my cpu and sli 680's. My temps on the gpu's are fine. I've yet to see them break 50c under load. However, I've noticed my cpu sometimes runs in the low to mid 60's. I'm running an i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz (3.8GHz stock). No worries about the cpu block protector, I'm confident this was removed. Anyhoo, should I be concerned about these temperatures with the watercooled block? Not every game I run produces these temps. I noticed specifically after a session of BF3. Thanks.
Edited by Dungeoncrawler - 4/25/12 at 2:32am
post #12318 of 13771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post

I just installed the rx360 for my cpu and sli 680's. My temps on the gpu's are fine. I've yet to see them break 50c under load. However, I've noticed my cpu sometimes runs in the low to mid 60's. I'm running an i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz (3.8GHz stock). No worries about the cpu block protector, I'm confident this was removed. Anyhoo, should I be concerned about these temperatures with the watercooled block? Not every game I run produces these temps. I noticed specifically after a session of BF3. Thanks.

Not really worried in the sense that your computer may melt...It definitely would not hurt to get another rad to help your system out though. Just try an calculate the total TDP of your setup and then compare that to how much the RX360 can actually dissipate..I would say you might be running out of headroom. When i get a chance at work today, I may be able to do some quick math and help you out...biggrin.gif
X58 Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920  ASRock X58 Extreme EVGA GTX 670 FTW Kingston Hyper X 2000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Patriot Torqx 2 Hitachi XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 Cougar Vortex 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Cooler Master Megaflow Gelid 140mm Windows 7 Ultimate ASUS VE24 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS24 Logitech Corsair HX750 Cooler Master HAF X 932 Advanced 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Gaming Mouse Razer Goliath 
  hide details  
Reply
X58 Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920  ASRock X58 Extreme EVGA GTX 670 FTW Kingston Hyper X 2000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Patriot Torqx 2 Hitachi XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 Cougar Vortex 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Cooler Master Megaflow Gelid 140mm Windows 7 Ultimate ASUS VE24 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS24 Logitech Corsair HX750 Cooler Master HAF X 932 Advanced 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Gaming Mouse Razer Goliath 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12319 of 13771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fultonloyn View Post

Not really worried in the sense that your computer may melt...It definitely would not hurt to get another rad to help your system out though. Just try an calculate the total TDP of your setup and then compare that to how much the RX360 can actually dissipate..I would say you might be running out of headroom. When i get a chance at work today, I may be able to do some quick math and help you out...biggrin.gif

Thanks mate - Definitely a learning experience for me. I spoke directly with one of the reps at frozencpu who assured me the setup would handle the cpu and gpu's. Guess technically it does, although I expected much lower temps with the cpu. My loop ->rez-->gpu's-->rad-->cpu-->rez. I was forced to mount the rad at the top of my case (inside). Below I'll include a schematic of my airflow setup. In your opinion, would it be more practical to remove the cpu from the loop and throw say a corsair h100 in the mix for the cpu? My case if pretty cramped, but I had an h70 mounted on the back (inside) and could probably get the h100 in there; any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Case-1.png
post #12320 of 13771
Anyone have issues with XSPC warranty? That black plastic cheapo screw in my res has stripped. It will be practically unusable the next time I redo my loop. I emailed them twice, and 2 weeks inbetween, and they never email me back. Do they really expect me to buy a whole new res instead of sending me a new 2 cent part?

Anyway.. here's mine:
680x680px-LL-cd72e159_1.jpeg

I couldn't get my RX360's barbs towards the front of the case like I originally planned it. It's just to thick without kinking the tubes, so I had to turn it around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post

Thanks mate - Definitely a learning experience for me. I spoke directly with one of the reps at frozencpu who assured me the setup would handle the cpu and gpu's. Guess technically it does, although I expected much lower temps with the cpu. My loop ->rez-->gpu's-->rad-->cpu-->rez. I was forced to mount the rad at the top of my case (inside). Below I'll include a schematic of my airflow setup. In your opinion, would it be more practical to remove the cpu from the loop and throw say a corsair h100 in the mix for the cpu? My case if pretty cramped, but I had an h70 mounted on the back (inside) and could probably get the h100 in there; any ideas? Thanks for the help.

I thought you wanted to ideally go: res/pump > rad > cpu > gpus > res/pump because your CPU is much cooler than your GPU. The water will be much warmer by the time it hits the CPU in your setup. With the setup I said, your water sits in your res for awhile and cools down before getting sent to the radiator, which further cools it down. I might be wrong though.. been awhile since I put a GPU on my loop. I have a hard time believing the H100 would get better temps even in a seperate loop because it's about 15C worse than a RX360 kit.

My radiator is also mounted on the top of my case (seen above) with the fans in a pull config, blowing in to the case. Some might argue that it's "blowing hot air all over everything" but it's not, and pulling air from outside the case into the radiator results in the best water temps.
Edited by Murlocke - 4/25/12 at 12:38pm
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k (4.5GHz) ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe 3GB GTX 780 Ti Superclocked 16GB G.Skill Sniper (DDR3 1866) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung EVO LG WH12LS39 3x 120mm Noiseblocker PL-2  Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 34" LG 34UM95 Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 500R Logitech G700 SteelPad S&S Solo Denon 4311CI (Receiver) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 4x Klipsch RS-52 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 2x SVS PB13-Ultra (Subwoofer) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k (4.5GHz) ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe 3GB GTX 780 Ti Superclocked 16GB G.Skill Sniper (DDR3 1866) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung EVO LG WH12LS39 3x 120mm Noiseblocker PL-2  Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 34" LG 34UM95 Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 500R Logitech G700 SteelPad S&S Solo Denon 4311CI (Receiver) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 4x Klipsch RS-52 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 2x SVS PB13-Ultra (Subwoofer) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] XSPC Rasa 750 RS/RX120/240/360 Kit Club