Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] XSPC Rasa 750 RS/RX120/240/360 Kit Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] XSPC Rasa 750 RS/RX120/240/360 Kit Club - Page 1252

post #12511 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdHarold View Post

Yeah it's a long thread, I've been following it for a while now and all in all I think that most of the pumps are good but some just seem to be crap from the start. Mine has been running now for 5 months and I've had not a single problem, so I don't understand why some work good and some don't confused.gif
I've currently got my eye on this Res / Pump: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
245
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16088/ex-res-371/XSPC_Dual_525_Bay_Reservoir_-_Laing_D5_MCP655_w_Blue_LED_Light_-_Black.html?tl=g30c97s168
However to save some money I'll get this Pump separately: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
245
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13147/ex-pmp-131/Alphacool_VPP655_Variable_Speed_Pump_-_Single_Edition.html?tl=g30c107s153
So with that reservoir the pump bolts up to the bottom? (not the pump in the other link, their 2 "suggested" pumps)
post #12512 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

hello,
my rad is in (well it is outside the case). is it ok to hook everything up and test for leaks prior to installing the motherboard? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
399
thanks.
Hmmm. I think that is what I'm going to do with my HAF 922. I'll drill 2 holes in the back/top for the tubing, easier than trying to get the tubing to go in the back ports.
I knew if I looked around here long enough I'd see something that would work! thumb.gif
post #12513 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrix View Post

Hmmm. I think that is what I'm going to do with my HAF 922. I'll drill 2 holes in the back/top for the tubing, easier than trying to get the tubing to go in the back ports.
I knew if I looked around here long enough I'd see something that would work! thumb.gif

Ok the pump goes on the back of that Res and the fittings are also on the back next to the pump, and I wouldn't recommend drilling extra holes in the Res(if you're talking about drilling holes in your case then never mind biggrin.gif ). You shouldn't have any problems getting your tubing to the fittings since it's a 5.25" bay mounted Res just like the one that comes in the kit. Also there are internal channels from the pump that go to the output hole for the fitting on the back so you'd have to at least use that one. As for the Pump I chose the Alphacool pump because it's a little less expensive than the more expensive of the 2 that you can choose to order with it and it's still variable speed.
Edited by WeirdHarold - 5/22/12 at 3:15pm
ICE & SNOW
(23 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark S EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO  HGST Deskstar NAS H3IKNAS40003272SN Samsung HD204UI Seagate 500 GB 7200RPM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate 500 GB 7200RPM LG Blue Ray WH14NS40 XSPC EX360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC EX360 Crossflow Performance PC's Uber 655 Fully Modded D5 ModMyToys Carbon Fiber Enhanced Compression Fit... Mayhems Pastel Coolant - 1 Liter - Blue Berry 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10ft Tubing - 7/16in. ID... EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block - Nickel/Plexi EK-FC980 GTX Waterblock for Nvidia 980 GTX - Ni... Windows 8.1 Pro 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro upgrade Corsair AX1200i CaseLabs S8 with Pedestal 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 1100T Asus 990fx Saberthooth EVGA 03G-P4-3668-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW+ 3GB Corsair 16GB DDR3 Kti CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung HD204UI crucial M4 SSD LG Supermulti GH22LS50 XSPC Rasa 750 Dual Bay Res/Pump Combo 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RASA CPU Waterblock XSPC Razor nVidia GTX 680 Full Coverage VGA Blo...  XSPC EX360 Crossflow Triple 120mm Low Profile ... XSPC EX120 Single 120mm Low Profile Split Fin R... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 7/16"I... XSPC G1/4" Thread 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD Low Profil... XSPC G1/4" 45 Degree Rotary Adapter - Black Chrome Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit System ... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40 inch HD TV LN40C630K1F Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard Ultra X3 ULT40311 1000-Watt Power Supply Corsair Obsidian Series 800D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse Creative Sound Blaster SB0880 
  hide details  
Reply
ICE & SNOW
(23 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark S EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO  HGST Deskstar NAS H3IKNAS40003272SN Samsung HD204UI Seagate 500 GB 7200RPM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate 500 GB 7200RPM LG Blue Ray WH14NS40 XSPC EX360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC EX360 Crossflow Performance PC's Uber 655 Fully Modded D5 ModMyToys Carbon Fiber Enhanced Compression Fit... Mayhems Pastel Coolant - 1 Liter - Blue Berry 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10ft Tubing - 7/16in. ID... EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block - Nickel/Plexi EK-FC980 GTX Waterblock for Nvidia 980 GTX - Ni... Windows 8.1 Pro 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro upgrade Corsair AX1200i CaseLabs S8 with Pedestal 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 1100T Asus 990fx Saberthooth EVGA 03G-P4-3668-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW+ 3GB Corsair 16GB DDR3 Kti CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung HD204UI crucial M4 SSD LG Supermulti GH22LS50 XSPC Rasa 750 Dual Bay Res/Pump Combo 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RASA CPU Waterblock XSPC Razor nVidia GTX 680 Full Coverage VGA Blo...  XSPC EX360 Crossflow Triple 120mm Low Profile ... XSPC EX120 Single 120mm Low Profile Split Fin R... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 7/16"I... XSPC G1/4" Thread 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD Low Profil... XSPC G1/4" 45 Degree Rotary Adapter - Black Chrome Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit System ... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40 inch HD TV LN40C630K1F Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard Ultra X3 ULT40311 1000-Watt Power Supply Corsair Obsidian Series 800D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse Creative Sound Blaster SB0880 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12514 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrix View Post

Hmmm. I think that is what I'm going to do with my HAF 922. I'll drill 2 holes in the back/top for the tubing, easier than trying to get the tubing to go in the back ports.
I knew if I looked around here long enough I'd see something that would work! thumb.gif

mandrix, make sure you trace your rad with care. i had to make the inlet/outlet holes bigger because it didn't line up well the first time. and like sandman said, use grommets. like you, i almost went over every page of this wonderfull thread. thanks OP!

i'll run leak test overnight and wrap it up tomorrow . . .

399

gl to you.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12515 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdHarold View Post

Ok the pump goes on the back of that Res and the fittings are also on the back next to the pump, and I wouldn't recommend drilling extra holes in the Res(if you're talking about drilling holes in your case then never mind biggrin.gif ). You shouldn't have any problems getting your tubing to the fittings since it's a 5.25" bay mounted Res just like the one that comes in the kit. Also there are internal channels from the pump that go to the output hole for the fitting on the back so you'd have to at least use that one. As for the Pump I chose the Alphacool pump because it's a little less expensive than the more expensive of the 2 that you can choose to order with it and it's still variable speed.

Yes, I'm going to drill the case. smile.gif But thanks for the info on the res and the pump!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

mandrix, make sure you trace your rad with care. i had to make the inlet/outlet holes bigger because it didn't line up well the first time. and like sandman said, use grommets. like you, i almost went over every page of this wonderfull thread. thanks OP!
i'll run leak test overnight and wrap it up tomorrow . . . Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) ]
gl to you.
Thanks. I just priced a step drill at Lowes, didn't know those little buggers were so expensive. Hopefully I can round up some grommets somewhere, didn't see much of a selection on line at Lowe's.
(small town, we don't have much here).
post #12516 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrix View Post

Yes, I'm going to drill the case. smile.gif But thanks for the info on the res and the pump!
Thanks. I just priced a step drill at Lowes, didn't know those little buggers were so expensive. Hopefully I can round up some grommets somewhere, didn't see much of a selection on line at Lowe's.
(small town, we don't have much here).

try taking your case to lowes and see if they can drill it for you. might get away from buying stuff you'll only use one time. bring the rad with you.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12517 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

try taking your case to lowes and see if they can drill it for you. might get away from buying stuff you'll only use one time. bring the rad with you.
I don't even let them cut lumber for me anymore, I sure as hell ain't gonna let them drill my case. wink.gif Last time I asked them to cut some plywood 20" and it ended up being like 23".
But I can probably justify getting the bit, might be a long time but sooner or later I'll want it for something. I'm always tinkering.....
post #12518 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrix View Post

I don't even let them cut lumber for me anymore, I sure as hell ain't gonna let them drill my case. wink.gif Last time I asked them to cut some plywood 20" and it ended up being like 23".
But I can probably justify getting the bit, might be a long time but sooner or later I'll want it for something. I'm always tinkering.....

you're right. better be safe than sorry. post some pics if you have time. thanks.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12519 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

you're right. better be safe than sorry. post some pics if you have time. thanks.
When I was a young man I worked in a welding/machine shop for years so I know layout work pretty good. Problem is usually trying to do $100 work with a $1 tool! wink.gif I'll measure off the rad ports center to center and and drill some small pilot holes for the step drill to follow, only concern is the rear of the case has those "steps" in it and depending on where I think I need to put the holes, those could be a problem. I would like to use my small drill press but don't really have a way to anchor the case so I'll probably wing it with a hand drill.
post #12520 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

mandrix, make sure you trace your rad with care. i had to make the inlet/outlet holes bigger because it didn't line up well the first time. and like sandman said, use grommets. like you, i almost went over every page of this wonderfull thread. thanks OP!
i'll run leak test overnight and wrap it up tomorrow . . . Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
399
gl to you.

wish my tubes were still that clear frown.gif

looks really nice by the way, very neat job! thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] XSPC Rasa 750 RS/RX120/240/360 Kit Club