Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] XSPC Rasa 750 RS/RX120/240/360 Kit Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] XSPC Rasa 750 RS/RX120/240/360 Kit Club - Page 156

post #1551 of 13773
Sweet Kahbrohn
post #1552 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolio831 View Post
I'm using the asetek backplate, same as H50's, will i have to do any drilling to the backplate?

My kit should be here thursday or friday.
kit comes with a backplate. It comes with everything needed to cool your cpu.
Sexy Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H Gigabyte hd 7850 Corsair Vengence 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
c300 SSD rando Corsair H50 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2209W 22" TTe Sports Challenger Pro Corsair AX850 CM HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Death Adder desk samsung makes a good soundbar 
  hide details  
Reply
Sexy Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H Gigabyte hd 7850 Corsair Vengence 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
c300 SSD rando Corsair H50 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2209W 22" TTe Sports Challenger Pro Corsair AX850 CM HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Death Adder desk samsung makes a good soundbar 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1553 of 13773
I think I have a very minor leak. It looks like the top of my waterblock is wet around the inlet barb. I can't feel any moisture, but it most certainly looks the part.

I'm pretty pissed as I have to disassemble it all and redo it. Whats gonna be the easiest way to drain my loop? Here is a pic of how its run.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.6 Asus p8z68V-PRO Gen 3 EVGA GTX670 4gb 4x2gb  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Force GT & Momentus XT Win 7-64 LG 27" Xarmor U9BL 
PowerCaseMouse
HX850 800d G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.6 Asus p8z68V-PRO Gen 3 EVGA GTX670 4gb 4x2gb  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Force GT & Momentus XT Win 7-64 LG 27" Xarmor U9BL 
PowerCaseMouse
HX850 800d G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1554 of 13773
Soooo I'm so anxious to get this kit that I have my computer completely disassembled and ready to go... think its still 4days out on shipping though LOL. So, should I lap my cpu and re-TIM my GPU while I have it apart? or does this yield little results.
post #1555 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdoutgsxr View Post
Soooo I'm so anxious to get this kit that I have my computer completely disassembled and ready to go... think its still 4days out on shipping though LOL. So, should I lap my cpu and re-TIM my GPU while I have it apart? or does this yield little results.
if you cpu isnt flat already then it will yeild results. how big is dependent on how well you do it and to what grit you go to. its an art basically.

I have never lapped a cpu but have done 2x heatsinks now and both times it was 4degree or more. (6 on the h50).

I dont know a single person to lap a gpu but I just did a reseat on mine and both the chip and the heatsink was perfectly flat (i checked ).

you could still do a clean and reseat of the gpu. What about a total clean of the case or maybe take the whole thing down and paint or something? theres always something to do with a comp.
Sexy Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H Gigabyte hd 7850 Corsair Vengence 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
c300 SSD rando Corsair H50 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2209W 22" TTe Sports Challenger Pro Corsair AX850 CM HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Death Adder desk samsung makes a good soundbar 
  hide details  
Reply
Sexy Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H Gigabyte hd 7850 Corsair Vengence 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
c300 SSD rando Corsair H50 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2209W 22" TTe Sports Challenger Pro Corsair AX850 CM HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Death Adder desk samsung makes a good soundbar 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1556 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckybam3 View Post
if you cpu isnt flat already then it will yeild results. how big is dependent on how well you do it and to what grit you go to. its an art basically.

I have never lapped a cpu but have done 2x heatsinks now and both times it was 4degree or more. (6 on the h50).

I dont know a single person to lap a gpu but I just did a reseat on mine and both the chip and the heatsink was perfectly flat (i checked ).

you could still do a clean and reseat of the gpu. What about a total clean of the case or maybe take the whole thing down and paint or something? theres always something to do with a comp.

For the GPU i was thinking just reseating, no lapping. Think ill tackle these tonite... get the highest grit automotive sandpaper to finisher off. Thanks for the reply
post #1557 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdoutgsxr View Post
For the GPU i was thinking just reseating, no lapping. Think ill tackle these tonite... get the highest grit automotive sandpaper to finisher off. Thanks for the reply
I've always used 400,600,800,1000,1500,2000,2500 30 reps each way, 4 full rotations on each.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1558 of 13773
Hey, what all cases fit 360mm rads up top?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1559 of 13773


Been using a siphon to drain my loop
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 Asus P5Q pro turbo Radeon 5770 Corsair XMS 2 PC 6400 4 gigs 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X V-25 SSD Asus Windows 7 Samsung 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G-11 Corsair GS800 Lian-Li PC60NFWX Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 Asus P5Q pro turbo Radeon 5770 Corsair XMS 2 PC 6400 4 gigs 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X V-25 SSD Asus Windows 7 Samsung 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G-11 Corsair GS800 Lian-Li PC60NFWX Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1560 of 13773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErBall View Post
I think I have a very minor leak. It looks like the top of my waterblock is wet around the inlet barb. I can't feel any moisture, but it most certainly looks the part.

I'm pretty pissed as I have to disassemble it all and redo it. Whats gonna be the easiest way to drain my loop? Here is a pic of how its run.
You might not have to redo it just push the tubing on tight and put a few wire ties around it then watch and see if it leaks any With paper towels handy
Edited by Bal3Wolf - 1/3/11 at 6:27pm
SABERWOLF
(18 items)
 
XEON-WOLF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6800K MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hydro Copper G.SKILL TridentZ Series 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 850 500 EK-SBAY Dual DDC 3.2 PWM Serial Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Radiator 360 Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport Black Car... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream RAD XTC 420 koolance 380i Windows 10 Pro ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic M12D SS-850 850W  Thermaltake core x71 CM Storm Sentinel Advance II Corsair Void 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5675@4400 1.344 ASUS P6X58D-E XfX RX480 RS F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI 6-7-6-21 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ST31000340AS WDC WD7500AAKS-00RBA0 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 ihas 624-A SilverStone Heligon HE01 windows 10 64 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 42inch lcd tv CORSAIR CMPSU-950TX Modded Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
SABERWOLF
(18 items)
 
XEON-WOLF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6800K MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hydro Copper G.SKILL TridentZ Series 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 850 500 EK-SBAY Dual DDC 3.2 PWM Serial Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Radiator 360 Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport Black Car... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream RAD XTC 420 koolance 380i Windows 10 Pro ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic M12D SS-850 850W  Thermaltake core x71 CM Storm Sentinel Advance II Corsair Void 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5675@4400 1.344 ASUS P6X58D-E XfX RX480 RS F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI 6-7-6-21 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ST31000340AS WDC WD7500AAKS-00RBA0 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 ihas 624-A SilverStone Heligon HE01 windows 10 64 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 42inch lcd tv CORSAIR CMPSU-950TX Modded Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] XSPC Rasa 750 RS/RX120/240/360 Kit Club