Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Softclock locked mobo?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Softclock locked mobo?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
GRRR.. Why does intel have to lock their motherboards!!! I know about the softclocking programs, but none support my motherboard... Anyone know about any small or unknown ones that can clock a D101GGC intel mobo? Thanks guys.
Pawn Shop Special
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium D 940 ABIT IB9 ATI X1650 DIAMONTEK 2x1GB XMS2 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x250 WD LG Supermulti Burn anything drive Win XP Pro 19" W/S Samsung 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Wireless 400 watt Diablotek something with a 220mm fan cheetoh stained 
Mouse Pad
paper plate 
  hide details  
Reply
Pawn Shop Special
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium D 940 ABIT IB9 ATI X1650 DIAMONTEK 2x1GB XMS2 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x250 WD LG Supermulti Burn anything drive Win XP Pro 19" W/S Samsung 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Wireless 400 watt Diablotek something with a 220mm fan cheetoh stained 
Mouse Pad
paper plate 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 11
Have you tried Clockgen and SetFSB? I think another one is SoftFSB.
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharmis
GRRR.. Why does intel have to lock their motherboards!!! I know about the softclocking programs, but none support my motherboard... Anyone know about any small or unknown ones that can clock a D101GGC intel mobo? Thanks guys.

I could have sworn intel motherboards had hidden settings you could access, but I read about that around a year or two ago...

They're using AwardBIOS on the D101Ggc, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone is releasing unlocked hacked firmware for it.
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrfalcon
I could have sworn intel motherboards had hidden settings you could access, but I read about that around a year or two ago...

They're using AwardBIOS on the D101Ggc, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone is releasing unlocked hacked firmware for it.
No the Intel boards from Pre-builds are totally locked.

Anyway to softclock your motherboard try these two programs below.

Clockgen : http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php
SoftFsb:http://www.majorgeeks.com/download434.html
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701
No the Intel boards from Pre-builds are totally locked...
It's been my experince that nothing is "totally locked". You might need a hacked BIOS, or make a slight modification to the motherboard, but generally you can get around the issue.

I'm reading that the older version of the BIOS for the D101Ggc had some overclocking features enabled in other forums. This doesn't surprise me a lot since Intel is using an ATI chipset/motherboard design.
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrfalcon
It's been my experince that nothing is "totally locked". You might need a hacked BIOS, or make a slight modification to the motherboard, but generally you can get around the issue.

I'm reading that the older version of the BIOS for the D101Ggc had some overclocking features enabled in other forums. This doesn't surprise me a lot since Intel is using an ATI chipset/motherboard design.
All motherboards have different attributes to them. Overclocking features are controlled at the chipset level. If they are actuall locked at the cipset level no amount of bios flashing or getting hacked bios's will help you.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701
...Overclocking features are controlled at the chipset level. If they are actuall locked at the cipset level no amount of bios flashing or getting hacked bios's will help you.
Are you slow on the uptake, or not familiar with this motherboard? The BIOS tells the chipset what FSB settings to use for the various CPU's the motherboard supports. For example, if Intel releases a new CPU...they can release a BIOS update to support that chips clocking.

Yes the motherboard is locked... but ONLY in BIOS.

Now the D101Ggc uses an ATI chipset, and not a proprietary Intel one. Read:

Intel® Desktop Board D101GGC Review


Not trying to be a jerk, but you're just flat out wrong!
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrfalcon
Are you slow on the uptake, or not familiar with this motherboard? The BIOS tells the chipset what FSB settings to use for the various CPU's the motherboard supports. For example, if Intel releases a new CPU...they can release a BIOS update to support that chips clocking.

Yes the motherboard is locked... but ONLY in BIOS.

Now the D101Ggc uses an ATI chipset, and not a proprietary Intel one. Read:

Intel® Desktop Board D101GGC Review


Not trying to be a jerk, but you're just flat out wrong!
Well just a college education..I cant say if you are right or im right or we both made mistakes who knows but regardless it doesnt matter as going slightely off topic now lets just keep to the matter in hand.
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701
Well just a college education..I cant say if you are right or im right or we both made mistakes who knows but regardless it doesnt matter as going slightely off topic now lets just keep to the matter in hand.
Fair enough... Sorry if I came off being a bit snippy. Some moderator in another form was bragging that he knew a way to overclock it, but you needed to be good at soldering. Of course he wouldn't say how to overclock the motherboard because "it would void the warranty". Hate people who lie about things because they like to appear elite.

Anyhow, the D101Ggc uses the ATI chipset, so it's possible another BIOS from a different manufacture may work on the Intel design.

I've only had my system going since lastnight, so it'll be a bit before I have more info.

Similar Motherboard to Intel D101Ggc: M82P9-ALV
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrfalcon
Fair enough... Sorry if I came off being a bit snippy. Some moderator in another form was bragging that he knew a way to overclock it, but you needed to be good at soldering. Of course he wouldn't say how to overclock the motherboard because "it would void the warranty". Hate people who lie about things because they like to appear elite.

Anyhow, the D101Ggc uses the ATI chipset, so it's possible another BIOS from a different manufacture may work on the Intel design.

I've only had my system going since lastnight, so it'll be a bit before I have more info.

Similar Motherboard to Intel D101Ggc: M82P9-ALV

in case you havent noticed i posted in a number of other threads that i have overclocked this board and an 805 to 3.33. for now i am limited by the clockgen program but i think i can work with that and go higher. temps are not too bad at 52degrees.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Softclock locked mobo?