Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Information and Discussion Thread - Page 319

post #3181 of 12885
I'm Imperial at Level 41. Playing with adept difficulty. I'm finding it way to easy. I'm almost godlike. Using mostly one handed swords and destruction magic.

I'm thinking about starting a new game, using Master Difficulty, using a woodelf, and specialising in Archery and sneak.. I've tried a little sneaking and archery using my imperial, and must say that this is the most exciting playing method for me.

My plan is to only stick to this playing method with my next character, and maybe using a dagger.. I will not use magic or any swords or bigger weapons. I think this can get really interesting when using master difficulty.

So what do you guys/gals think?

Edit: And of course, lockpicking and light armor, which is appart of the wood elf race specialities. Alchemy I find boring, so will probably more or less skip that one.
Edited by turrican9 - 12/6/11 at 9:12am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3182 of 12885
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post

I'm Imperial at Level 41. Playing with adept difficulty. I'm finding it way to easy. I'm almost godlike. Using mostly one handed swords and destruction magic.
I'm thinking about starting a new game, using Master Difficulty, using a woodelf, and specialising in Archery and sneak.. I've tried a little sneaking and archery using my imperial, and must say that this is the most exciting playing method for me.
My plan is to only stick to this playing method with my next character, and maybe using a dagger.. I will not use magic or any swords or bigger weapons. I think this can get really interesting when using master difficulty.
So what do you guys/gals think?

Sneak becomes completely OP once you get perks for Shadow Warrior and the x15 extra damage for sneak dagger attacks, regardless of difficulty. Before that, it can be pretty challenging depending on a few things:

- There are no early game perks to help out daggers
- Get quick draw and that slow time for archery as soon as possible
- Join the Dark Brotherhood ASAP; free shrouded armor set is great for you
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3183 of 12885
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

Sneak becomes completely OP once you get perks for Shadow Warrior and the x15 extra damage for sneak dagger attacks, regardless of difficulty. Before that, it can be pretty challenging depending on a few things:
- There are no early game perks to help out daggers
- Get quick draw and that slow time for archery as soon as possible
- Join the Dark Brotherhood ASAP; free shrouded armor set is great for you

What do you think would be the most challenging gaming method then?

Also, I'm not planning doing certain stuff, or joining certain fractions as part of tactical building my character, I'm planning on just playing and enjoying the game. Also, the mainquest will probably not be my main priority..
Edited by turrican9 - 12/6/11 at 9:44am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3184 of 12885
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post

What do you think would be the most challening gaming method then?
Also, I'm not planning doing certain stuff, or joining certain fractions as part of tactical building my character, I'm planning on just playing and enjoying the game. Also, the mainquest will probably not be my main priority..

Pure mage is probably the most fun and challenging to play from a destructive kiting and visual POV. The problem with pure mages is that you tend to run out of magicka REALLY fast early to mid game. The problems with mages early game are:

- Minimal sustainability
- Poor spell selection
- Small magicka reserves
- Mediocre spell damage

Later on as you get magicka regen items, more spells, and casting perks, there is a lot more you can do. With chain lightning in one hand, fireball in the other, and frost cloak around me, fellow enemies rarely got close to me and when they did, they typically have no stamina, magicka, or movement speed and are reduced to low damage attacks.
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3185 of 12885
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockworm View Post

I am playing SP. There is a multiplayer mode, but I have not checked into it. I am not sure if it is co-operative or MMO.
Edit: I am at work so cannot check at the moment. Will take a look when I get home, if I remember wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

I think there is a misunderstanding here. We were talking bout neverwinter series.

NWN1 had awesome Multiplayer when it came out (not sure now). It had a construction set, kinda like Elders Scrolls, and players could run completely custom persistent worlds on their own servers with player contributed content as well. Servers could have as many has 40-60 players (don't remember exactly), but it was a good number, enough where you got to know a good amount of the people that played.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4ghz EVGA X58 SLI3 SLI MSI GTX 580 XL 3GB 12GB Gskill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Crucial 120GB SSD / 2x WD6401AALS / 1x WD20EARS Windows 7 x64 Pro Corsair HX1050 Coolermaster HAF932 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4ghz EVGA X58 SLI3 SLI MSI GTX 580 XL 3GB 12GB Gskill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Crucial 120GB SSD / 2x WD6401AALS / 1x WD20EARS Windows 7 x64 Pro Corsair HX1050 Coolermaster HAF932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3186 of 12885
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

Pure mage is probably the most fun and challenging to play from a destructive kiting and visual POV. The problem with pure mages is that you tend to run out of magicka REALLY fast early to mid game. The problems with mages early game are:
- Minimal sustainability
- Poor spell selection
- Small magicka reserves
- Mediocre spell damage
Later on as you get magicka regen items, more spells, and casting perks, there is a lot more you can do. With chain lightning in one hand, fireball in the other, and frost cloak around me, fellow enemies rarely got close to me and when they did, they typically have no stamina, magicka, or movement speed and are reduced to low damage attacks.

Black Elf Or High Elf then?

Also, I've been thinking about making my own rules in the game... Like force myself to not use some things, to make it more of a challenge... Those Dragon Shouts I always forget to use anyway...

Looking forward to packages like Oscuro's Overhaul for Skyrim..
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3187 of 12885
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post

Black Elf Or High Elf then?
Also, I've been thinking about making my own rules in the game... Like force myself to not use some things, to make it more of a challenge... Those Dragon Shouts I always forget to use anyway...
Looking forward to packages like Oscuro's Overhaul for Skyrim..

For a pure mage, you want to play Dark Elf, High Elf, Breton, or even Imperial.
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3188 of 12885
Right now, I'm a level 35 Imperial, going straight warrior, dual wielding. I'm using two daedric swords and am wondering if maybe using a different type of weapon would offer any additional benfits. I know that maces ignore armor and axes cause a bleed with the perk, but also daggers get the crit chance bonus from the sword perk.

What do you guys think of Sword + Mace, Sword + Axe, Sword + Dagger, or any other combination? Really looking to spice things up. I have quite a few daedric hearts, so I can make any weapon. I've even considered going Dagger + Dagger just for the super-fast attack speeds and much higher crit rate... would be fun, methinks. Also, I'm in full legendary dragonplate, simply for story/RP purposes smile.gif
Windtunnel!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 950 @ 4GHz ASUS Sabertooth X58 MSI R6870 HAWK Edition G.SKILL Sniper 12GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional ViewSonic VX2453 Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite 600T SE Logitech G500 Razer Vespula Onboard 
OtherOtherOther
Noctua NF-P12 Thermalright TY-140 Cooler Master MegaFlow 
  hide details  
Reply
Windtunnel!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 950 @ 4GHz ASUS Sabertooth X58 MSI R6870 HAWK Edition G.SKILL Sniper 12GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional ViewSonic VX2453 Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite 600T SE Logitech G500 Razer Vespula Onboard 
OtherOtherOther
Noctua NF-P12 Thermalright TY-140 Cooler Master MegaFlow 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3189 of 12885
Right now I am a level 20 Breton. There are so many ways to play this game, I feel I will go through the game several times. I'm playing as 'good' although it's hard to judge what exactly good is in this crazy world.

I am not sure if the legion are considered good or bad, I hear mixed opinions from the Skyrim folk, so I decided not to join them. Perhaps I will in a future character.

I think i'll play as a Argonian next to play bad and join the brotherhood and thieves guild.
Chris-PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-920 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R HIS R9 280X IceQ X2 Turbo OC 6GB DDR3 SuperTalent 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 250GB EVO SSD (Internal) 2TB WD Black HDD (Internal) 4TB WD My Book HDD (External) LG 18X DVD-RW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Antec TruQuiet 140mm (X5) Antec TruQuiet 120mm (X2) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 23" Samsung 2333HD 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II XFX Pro 650W Core Edition Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ (XL) Epiphany Acoustics EHP-02 AMP + DAC Audio-Technica ATH-M50X 
  hide details  
Reply
Chris-PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-920 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R HIS R9 280X IceQ X2 Turbo OC 6GB DDR3 SuperTalent 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 250GB EVO SSD (Internal) 2TB WD Black HDD (Internal) 4TB WD My Book HDD (External) LG 18X DVD-RW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Antec TruQuiet 140mm (X5) Antec TruQuiet 120mm (X2) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 23" Samsung 2333HD 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II XFX Pro 650W Core Edition Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ (XL) Epiphany Acoustics EHP-02 AMP + DAC Audio-Technica ATH-M50X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3190 of 12885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantii View Post

Right now, I'm a level 35 Imperial, going straight warrior, dual wielding. I'm using two daedric swords and am wondering if maybe using a different type of weapon would offer any additional benfits. I know that maces ignore armor and axes cause a bleed with the perk, but also daggers get the crit chance bonus from the sword perk.
What do you guys think of Sword + Mace, Sword + Axe, Sword + Dagger, or any other combination? Really looking to spice things up. I have quite a few daedric hearts, so I can make any weapon. I've even considered going Dagger + Dagger just for the super-fast attack speeds and much higher crit rate... would be fun, methinks. Also, I'm in full legendary dragonplate, simply for story/RP purposes smile.gif

Dual wielding is great for maximizing your damage, but provides no sustainability unless you have good life leech or health regeneration since you forgo the defense and block of a shield. Daggers swing faster, but deal a lot less damage. Unless you are an assassin type player who can take advantage of dagger perk, you are better off using swords, maces, or axes.

- Swords swing fast but deal less damage
- Maces swing slow but deal more damage
- Axes are in the middle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin100 View Post

Right now I am a level 20 Breton. There are so many ways to play this game, I feel I will go through the game several times. I'm playing as 'good' although it's hard to judge what exactly good is in this crazy world.
I am not sure if the legion are considered good or bad, I hear mixed opinions from the Skyrim folk, so I decided not to join them. Perhaps I will in a future character.
I think i'll play as a Argonian next to play bad and join the brotherhood and thieves guild.

The NPC's say things depending on which groups you are affiliated with and to what degree as well as per how high your skills are. For example, if you are really good at enchanting, NPC's may ask for you to enchant stuff for them as a passing remark.
Edited by OC'ing Noob - 12/6/11 at 11:28am
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Information and Discussion Thread