Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Information and Discussion Thread - Page 399

post #3981 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

If you download it, can you just wear it (Appear in Inventory) or does it just change the textures of the armor and you still have to out and find it and so on?

I'm pretty sure it just changes the texture. I don't have it myself. But if you want free armor you can always use the console. wink.gif
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Item_Codes_%28Skyrim%29
The Clunker
(11 items)
 
Lenovo Y40
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q8400 Asus P5P43TD Powercolor 7950 4GB Patriot Viper 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
80GB WD Caviar Blue 500GB WD Caviar Black Coolermaster Hyper TX Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCase
20" Samsung Corsair CX600M Antec 300 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-4510U R9 M275 2GB 8GB @ 1600MHz 500+8GB 5400rpm SSHD 
OSMonitor
Windows 8.1 14" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
The Clunker
(11 items)
 
Lenovo Y40
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q8400 Asus P5P43TD Powercolor 7950 4GB Patriot Viper 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
80GB WD Caviar Blue 500GB WD Caviar Black Coolermaster Hyper TX Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCase
20" Samsung Corsair CX600M Antec 300 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-4510U R9 M275 2GB 8GB @ 1600MHz 500+8GB 5400rpm SSHD 
OSMonitor
Windows 8.1 14" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3982 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

If you download it, can you just wear it (Appear in Inventory) or does it just change the textures of the armor and you still have to out and find it and so on?

All you have to do is wear the normal daedric armor. It will act as a visual substitute and look different once they wear it.
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3983 of 12884
Hey guys! I've been playing Skyrim for a while now (and loving the HELL out of it!) and am in the market for some mods. But I'd love some of your opinions. (OC'ing Noob, here's lookin' at you lol)

I'm running on my sig rig and am wondering what mods I can/should use to make the game look a bit better, without 10 FPS. There are so many and it seems a bit daunting, but what do you guys think my 560ti can handle on a 1920x1080 resolution?
Johnny Five
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k 4.0ghz ASUS P8Z68-V Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Black 750GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 23" Acer H233H Thermaltake 600W 
Case
Antec Two-Hundred 
  hide details  
Reply
Johnny Five
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k 4.0ghz ASUS P8Z68-V Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Black 750GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 23" Acer H233H Thermaltake 600W 
Case
Antec Two-Hundred 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3984 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZeke View Post

Hey guys! I've been playing Skyrim for a while now (and loving the HELL out of it!) and am in the market for some mods. But I'd love some of your opinions. (OC'ing Noob, here's lookin' at you lol)
I'm running on my sig rig and am wondering what mods I can/should use to make the game look a bit better, without 10 FPS. There are so many and it seems a bit daunting, but what do you guys think my 560ti can handle on a 1920x1080 resolution?

You should be able run most if not all of the simple retextures without too much performance loss. The real performance hit comes in when you start making rendering adjustments (shadow tweaks, distance rendering tweaks, lighting changes, UGrid) and your video card actually has to render those enhancements real time. This includes water surface texture mods as well since there is a lot of water surface in Skyrim. My suggestion is that you first start with shadow tweaks distance rendering. Leave AO and UGrid unchanged for now. If that seems fine, load the other textures and models (water retex is great, but water still looks great vanilla so not much loss) and see how it continues to run. If that works, put on the water retex and then see how it goes. AO looks great but there will definitely be a performance hit and UGrid is a HUGE hit.
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3985 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

You should be able run most if not all of the simple retextures without too much performance loss. The real performance hit comes in when you start making rendering adjustments (shadow tweaks, distance rendering tweaks, lighting changes, UGrid) and your video card actually has to render those enhancements real time. This includes water surface texture mods as well since there is a lot of water surface in Skyrim. My suggestion is that you first start with shadow tweaks distance rendering. Leave AO and UGrid unchanged for now. If that seems fine, load the other textures and models (water retex is great, but water still looks great vanilla so not much loss) and see how it continues to run. If that works, put on the water retex and then see how it goes. AO looks great but there will definitely be a performance hit and UGrid is a HUGE hit.

So you're saying just tweak the .ini files to change some of the video settings and not worry about mods? (other than the water retexture, should I be able to run it)

I hear talk about a lot of texture mods and what not, but you're saying I'm only capable of .ini tweaks..correct? (Just trying to gain an understanding of what I can and can't do smile.gif
Johnny Five
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k 4.0ghz ASUS P8Z68-V Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Black 750GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 23" Acer H233H Thermaltake 600W 
Case
Antec Two-Hundred 
  hide details  
Reply
Johnny Five
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k 4.0ghz ASUS P8Z68-V Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Black 750GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 23" Acer H233H Thermaltake 600W 
Case
Antec Two-Hundred 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3986 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZeke View Post

Hey guys! I've been playing Skyrim for a while now (and loving the HELL out of it!) and am in the market for some mods. But I'd love some of your opinions. (OC'ing Noob, here's lookin' at you lol)
I'm running on my sig rig and am wondering what mods I can/should use to make the game look a bit better, without 10 FPS. There are so many and it seems a bit daunting, but what do you guys think my 560ti can handle on a 1920x1080 resolution?

I used to have a ton of texture mods. GPU definitely was not a limiting factor. I probably saw an average of 70-90% usage. I think my hard drive was at that point and it stuttered like hell after I'd load an area for a good 30 seconds, so I removed them.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3987 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZeke View Post

So you're saying just tweak the .ini files to change some of the video settings and not worry about mods? (other than the water retexture, should I be able to run it)
I hear talk about a lot of texture mods and what not, but you're saying I'm only capable of .ini tweaks..correct? (Just trying to gain an understanding of what I can and can't do smile.gif

This is actually what I was trying to say:

- Most models and textures are more or less static and will not cause significant performance hits
- Performance hits come from dynamic visual enhancements that need to be real time (shadows, water surface, lighting, ect)
- Make shadow and lighting tweaks first before mods to find out how it will perform; if it performs OK, load mods and then check again
- If tweaks are too much, then back off a bit and find your computer's sweet spot so to speak of what it can do
- Once you get tweaks running smoothly, load the texture mods and models but leave mods like water retex and interface mods alone
- If your game still works great, put in those dynamic mods and then take a look
- UGrid probably will not work for you at that resolution, but AO may still be OK for you to turn on
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3988 of 12884
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

This is actually what I was trying to say:
- Most models and textures are more or less static and will not cause significant performance hits
- Performance hits come from dynamic visual enhancements that need to be real time (shadows, water surface, lighting, ect)
- Make shadow and lighting tweaks first before mods to find out how it will perform; if it performs OK, load mods and then check again
- If tweaks are too much, then back off a bit and find your computer's sweet spot so to speak of what it can do
- Once you get tweaks running smoothly, load the texture mods and models but leave mods like water retex and interface mods alone
- If your game still works great, put in those dynamic mods and then take a look
- UGrid probably will not work for you at that resolution, but AO may still be OK for you to turn on

Perfect, I can't thank you enough! I'll mess with these and see what I come out with smile.gif
Johnny Five
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k 4.0ghz ASUS P8Z68-V Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Black 750GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 23" Acer H233H Thermaltake 600W 
Case
Antec Two-Hundred 
  hide details  
Reply
Johnny Five
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k 4.0ghz ASUS P8Z68-V Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Black 750GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 23" Acer H233H Thermaltake 600W 
Case
Antec Two-Hundred 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3989 of 12884
I was actually considering using an UGrid tweak as well, but after reading your explanation OC'ing Noob, I guess I'd better not (unless having 2GB of VRAM helps in that case)
First build ever
(20 items)
 
Surface Pro
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-2600K Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe MSI GTX 770 Lightning  Intel HD3000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM Crucial M4 WD Caviar Green WD Scorpio Black 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung SH-B123L Corsair H100 Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm blue LED Windows 8 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE248H 24" LED monitor Logitech generic keyboard  Corsair AX850  Corsair Obsidian 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Zowie EC1 eVo piece of paper speakers built into monitor Lamptron FC5v2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3317U Intel HD4000 4GB DDR3 RAM 128GB SSD 
OSKeyboardPowerOther
Windows 8 Pro Touch cover battery stylus 
  hide details  
Reply
First build ever
(20 items)
 
Surface Pro
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-2600K Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe MSI GTX 770 Lightning  Intel HD3000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM Crucial M4 WD Caviar Green WD Scorpio Black 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung SH-B123L Corsair H100 Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm blue LED Windows 8 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE248H 24" LED monitor Logitech generic keyboard  Corsair AX850  Corsair Obsidian 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Zowie EC1 eVo piece of paper speakers built into monitor Lamptron FC5v2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3317U Intel HD4000 4GB DDR3 RAM 128GB SSD 
OSKeyboardPowerOther
Windows 8 Pro Touch cover battery stylus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3990 of 12884
338

Made some dragon armor for me' pal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Information and Discussion Thread