Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Information and Discussion Thread - Page 547

post #5461 of 12888
Skewed beat me to it!

But I have ART!

360

<3 Achilees!
Pro Tem
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 25oo MSI P67A-GD65 B3 MSi GTX56oTX-Ti Asus Direct CUii GTX56o Ti 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
CORSAIR XMS3 8GB C3oo 128GB / 2x5ooGB WDGreen / 1.5TB SG LG DvD Burner Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 HP 64 AcerH233H / Acer X2o3H Antec 75oW Raidmax Smilodon Extreme fan mod 
  hide details  
Reply
Pro Tem
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 25oo MSI P67A-GD65 B3 MSi GTX56oTX-Ti Asus Direct CUii GTX56o Ti 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
CORSAIR XMS3 8GB C3oo 128GB / 2x5ooGB WDGreen / 1.5TB SG LG DvD Burner Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 HP 64 AcerH233H / Acer X2o3H Antec 75oW Raidmax Smilodon Extreme fan mod 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5462 of 12888
On a serious note, I think I am going to park my Dark Elf for a while and roll an Orc Basher. I wonder how well pure muscle will do?
Pro Tem
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 25oo MSI P67A-GD65 B3 MSi GTX56oTX-Ti Asus Direct CUii GTX56o Ti 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
CORSAIR XMS3 8GB C3oo 128GB / 2x5ooGB WDGreen / 1.5TB SG LG DvD Burner Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 HP 64 AcerH233H / Acer X2o3H Antec 75oW Raidmax Smilodon Extreme fan mod 
  hide details  
Reply
Pro Tem
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 25oo MSI P67A-GD65 B3 MSi GTX56oTX-Ti Asus Direct CUii GTX56o Ti 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
CORSAIR XMS3 8GB C3oo 128GB / 2x5ooGB WDGreen / 1.5TB SG LG DvD Burner Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 HP 64 AcerH233H / Acer X2o3H Antec 75oW Raidmax Smilodon Extreme fan mod 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5463 of 12888
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

How much fps will that set me back?
Do the ugrids have to be set to 7 if i use the Natural tones, dark evenings, NOT over saturated
with SSAO version?
Thank you.

You can have your Ugriuds set to whatever you like, so long as its odd number, default is 5. My config just uses that setting since it offers greater detail.

Basically Skyrim is split into hundreds of thousands of sections (uGrids). By default, Skyrim loads the five nearest sections within your line of sight, plus the one your character inhabits. Beyond those five sections the entire world is rendered using low-detail trees, objects, and terrain, which, for the most part, cannot be modified or enhanced by .ini tweaks.

Soooo if you increase uGrids as I have done to the value of 7, it increase the world detail at the cost of frame rate. Some say the difference between 5 and 7 isn't that noticeable, worth testing to see what is to your liking.

The value uGridsToLoad=7 is what I have changed in Skyrimprefs.ini

Altering the uGrid setting will modify your save game. If you ever wish to revert to a lower uGrid setting due to performance issues, the correct procedure must be followed to ensure that you do not make that save inaccessible, or possibly even corrupt, resulting in the complete loss of your character data and game progression.

You can also use this MOD

344

Here are the steps to revert back to uGridsToLoad=5 should the tweak prove too demanding for your system, or if Skyrim becomes unstable!

  1. Backup SkyrimPrefs.ini, Skyrim.ini and your Skyrim ‘Saves’ folder.
  2. Right click on Skyrim.ini in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim and uncheck ‘Read Only’ in the file’s properties.
  3. Load your last save game.
  4. Press tilde on your keyboard, most commonly placed directly to the left of ‘1.’ If it is elsewhere, the keyboard symbol should be ` or ~. If all else fails hit every key on the keyboard until a large, semi-transparent overlay appears on the bottom half of the screen.
  5. In the now-visible in-game console type setini “ugridstoload:general” 5
  6. Hit Return on your keyboard.
  7. Type saveini
  8. Hit Return on your keyboard.
  9. Type refreshini
  10. Hit Return on your keyboard.
  11. Close the console using tilde.
  12. Create a new save game.
  13. Exit Skyrim.
  14. Delete Skyrim.ini in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim.
  15. Reload the Skyrim configuration tool.
  16. Close the tool.
  17. Re-tweak Skyrim.ini if necessary (and SkyrimPrefs.ini if it has since been modified).
  18. Reload Skyrim and your most recent save.
  19. Enjoy the game.

Edited by Milamber - 1/9/12 at 4:43pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
8700K Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC 1080 Ti MSI Gaming X TRIO 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
500GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 830 EVO Be Quiet Silent Loop 280mm Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tesoro Durandel Ultimate Silverstone 1200W Strider Evolution Gold Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Roccat Kone XTD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
8700K Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC 1080 Ti MSI Gaming X TRIO 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
500GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 830 EVO Be Quiet Silent Loop 280mm Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tesoro Durandel Ultimate Silverstone 1200W Strider Evolution Gold Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Roccat Kone XTD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5464 of 12888
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarton View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverClocker55 View Post

Well im gonna buy a house. btw the lock pick mod works. i can unlock expert locks in 15secs thumb.gif

Why even bother when you can just use the unlock command in the console? I admit I do that when I'm lazy, but I usually at least try to lockpick first. The game really loses depth when you start using mods and hacks for everything.
lol i unistalled it cause it was making me crash. tongue.gif
post #5465 of 12888
Hey this looks like a nice dress mod.
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5577

Edit: Thank you Milamber.
Did you create the ENB mods yourself?
Edited by BradleyW - 1/9/12 at 4:51pm
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5466 of 12888
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILNOK View Post

I set up MSI Afterburner (beta 2.2.0 beta 10) and added the TESV.exe custom profile to the OSD. Then went into the MSI AB folder to the TESV CFG file and edited it to show EnableDynamicOffsetDetection=1 . Under Hooking my folder looks like this:
[Hooking]
EnableHooking=1
EnableFloatingInjectionAddress=0
EnableDynamicOffsetDetection=1
HookLoadLibrary=0
HookDirectDraw=0
HookDirect3D8=1
HookDirect3D9=1
HookDXGI=1
HookOpenGL=1

But when I launch Skyrim I just get a black screen and "Skyrim (not responding) in task manager. If I close AB I can launch it with no problems. I have seen a lot of people using the above method to get MSI AB OSD to work while using the FXAA injector mod but so far I'm not having any luck. Any ideas on what to do to get OSD to show while using AB with FXAA injector? If you use this method which version of afterburner are you using?

The fix that I posted works on 2.2.0 Beta 9, but I don't have 10... although I will have to upgrade soon because I keep getting "beta ending soon" messages on bootup. Looking at the release notes for Beta 10 it looks like they may have implemented a fix built into that version, so the hooking line may not be necessary (possibly there is a setting for it now?). Maybe I will take the plunge and install it and see if I can get it to work.
Quote:
Changes list includes:

Added AMD Tahiti graphics processors family support
Added core voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON 7970 graphics cards with CHL8228 voltage regulators
MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 4.3.0. New version gives you the following improvements:
1. Added new profile settings allowing to limit the framerate independently during gaming and during videocapture. Limiting the framerate during gaming can help to reduce the power consumption as well as it can improve gaming experience due to removing unwanted microstutteing effect caused by framerate fluctuations. Limiting the framerate during videocapture can improve resulting video smoothness
2. Added Vector 3D On-Screen Display rendering mode support for OpenGL applications
3. Added Raster 3D On-Screen Display rendering mode support for multithreaded OpenGL applications (e.g. ID Software's Rage)
4. Added workaround for AMD Direct3D driver issues causing OSD to be invisible in Direct3D8 and Direct3D9 applications when using Raster 3D On-Screen Display rendering mode
Now unofficial overclocking can be enabled without typing in the EULA into the configuration file. In this case the EULA is displayed and you're forced to accept it during MSI Afterburner startup
5. Added power user oriented command line switches allowing to extend Overdrive clock limits on AMD graphics cards attached to Windows desktop

EDIT: The addition of a frame rate limiter is great news!
Edited by Cmoney - 1/9/12 at 4:54pm
post #5467 of 12888
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarton View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverClocker55 View Post

Well im gonna buy a house. btw the lock pick mod works. i can unlock expert locks in 15secs thumb.gif

Why even bother when you can just use the unlock command in the console? I admit I do that when I'm lazy, but I usually at least try to lockpick first. The game really loses depth when you start using mods and hacks for everything.

biggrin.gif
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5468 of 12888
700

Under compatibility properties... it is built in now; the screenshot illustrates the frame rate limiter, but you get the point wink.gif
post #5469 of 12888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoney View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILNOK View Post

I set up MSI Afterburner (beta 2.2.0 beta 10) and added the TESV.exe custom profile to the OSD. Then went into the MSI AB folder to the TESV CFG file and edited it to show EnableDynamicOffsetDetection=1 . Under Hooking my folder looks like this:
[Hooking]
EnableHooking=1
EnableFloatingInjectionAddress=0
EnableDynamicOffsetDetection=1
HookLoadLibrary=0
HookDirectDraw=0
HookDirect3D8=1
HookDirect3D9=1
HookDXGI=1
HookOpenGL=1

But when I launch Skyrim I just get a black screen and "Skyrim (not responding) in task manager. If I close AB I can launch it with no problems. I have seen a lot of people using the above method to get MSI AB OSD to work while using the FXAA injector mod but so far I'm not having any luck. Any ideas on what to do to get OSD to show while using AB with FXAA injector? If you use this method which version of afterburner are you using?

The fix that I posted works on 2.2.0 Beta 9, but I don't have 10... although I will have to upgrade soon because I keep getting "beta ending soon" messages on bootup. Looking at the release notes for Beta 10 it looks like they may have implemented a fix built into that version, so the hooking line may not be necessary (possibly there is a setting for it now?). Maybe I will take the plunge and install it and see if I can get it to work.
Quote:
Changes list includes:

Added AMD Tahiti graphics processors family support
Added core voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON 7970 graphics cards with CHL8228 voltage regulators
MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 4.3.0. New version gives you the following improvements:
1. Added new profile settings allowing to limit the framerate independently during gaming and during videocapture. Limiting the framerate during gaming can help to reduce the power consumption as well as it can improve gaming experience due to removing unwanted microstutteing effect caused by framerate fluctuations. Limiting the framerate during videocapture can improve resulting video smoothness
2. Added Vector 3D On-Screen Display rendering mode support for OpenGL applications
3. Added Raster 3D On-Screen Display rendering mode support for multithreaded OpenGL applications (e.g. ID Software's Rage)
4. Added workaround for AMD Direct3D driver issues causing OSD to be invisible in Direct3D8 and Direct3D9 applications when using Raster 3D On-Screen Display rendering mode
Now unofficial overclocking can be enabled without typing in the EULA into the configuration file. In this case the EULA is displayed and you're forced to accept it during MSI Afterburner startup
5. Added power user oriented command line switches allowing to extend Overdrive clock limits on AMD graphics cards attached to Windows desktop

EDIT: The addition of a frame rate limiter is great news!

I removed beta 10 and installed 9 and I still can't get it to work. Are you launching it from SKSE or directly from Steam? I've checked my TESV file to make sure I edited it correctly and it looks fine. No idea why I can't get it to work.
post #5470 of 12888
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

Hey this looks like a nice dress mod.
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5577
Edit: Thank you Milamber.
Did you create the ENB mods yourself?

I used Boris pure ENB then hammered the hell out of it so get the look I was after.guitar.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
8700K Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC 1080 Ti MSI Gaming X TRIO 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
500GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 830 EVO Be Quiet Silent Loop 280mm Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tesoro Durandel Ultimate Silverstone 1200W Strider Evolution Gold Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Roccat Kone XTD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
8700K Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC 1080 Ti MSI Gaming X TRIO 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
500GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 830 EVO Be Quiet Silent Loop 280mm Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tesoro Durandel Ultimate Silverstone 1200W Strider Evolution Gold Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Roccat Kone XTD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Information and Discussion Thread