I think I was wrong, there might be no NF200 on the UD5, I will ask Gigabyte today for you guys, but answer might come a little later because they are in Taiwan.
Now I looked at this picture from legit reviews where shoudl be underside of NF200:
This is the bottom on my UD7 right you see the square area there are resistors
This is from Gigabyte officially:
1. Industry’s leading 20 phase power design for maximum power delivery.
2. Onboard SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps to deliver impeccable data transfer speeds.
3. GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 3 design with 2x Copper PCB to provide the stability, reliability and longevity essential to meet the power needs of high-end processors and other components running today’s most demanding applications and games.
4. Unique GIGABYTE 3x USB Power design with On/Off Charge USB ports to offer faster battery charging for iPhone, iPad and iPod devices.
5. New Matte Black color PCB offering a stylish new outlook that blends itself to decoration and case mods.
6. CrossFireX™ and NvidiaÂ® SLI™ support for ultimate graphics performance
7. GIGABYTE patented DualBIOS™ technology delivering the highest level of failure protection.
CPU Support: LGA 1155 IntelÂ® 2nd Generation Core Processors
Chipset: IntelÂ® 6-series Chipset
Memory: 4 DIMMs
Dual Channel DDR3 1333 / 1066 / 800
Expansion slots: 2* PCI-e x16 ( 1x16 or 2x8
1* PCI-e x4, 2* PCI-e x1
Storage: 4* SATA 3Gbps , 4* SATA 6Gbps
8* USB 3.0, 10* USB 2.0
Audio: 8-Channel Audio
LAN: 1* PCI-e GbE
Form Factor: ATX
Others: DualBIOS™, Ultra Durable™ 3, On/Off Charge, 3x USB Power,
I did a bit more reading into SLI spec, it says CrossFireX + SLI support for the UD5, for the UD4P and the UD3 it only says CrossFireX.
I really think SLI is supported at 8x each slot, BUT not x16 SLI. I think the heatsink is there for looks and to help cool down the phases and PCH. I think the board looks better with the heatsink than without it.
I mean the board will be much cheaper than the UD7, less phases, less extras, but same cooling maybe a lot cheaper.Edited by Sin0822 - 12/14/10 at 10:42am