Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 500 Series Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 500 Series Owners Club - Page 252

Poll Results: Was your previous card ATI or NVIDIA?

 
  • 36% (668)
    ATI
  • 63% (1181)
    NVIDIA
1849 Total Votes  
post #2511 of 5998
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89 View Post
When you say PPU disabled you mean you left the box checked that says PPU disabled, correct?

Give it a shot with PPU on and see the difference. Also do you have the 580 set as the Physx processor in Nvidia Control Panel?
Yes, the box is checked in Vantage. And Physx is set to ( Auto-Select ). Do I have to select manually the GTX580 ?

EDIT: Tried with PPU enabled, screenshot here.
Edited by TC_Fenua - 6/11/11 at 8:21pm
Small Fry
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k @ 4.4 Ghz Asus Sabertooth P67 MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II OC SLI Corsair Dominator 4x2Gb 1600 C8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 128 + 240 Gb + 2 Seagate 1Tb 6Gb/s Pioneer BDR-205 Win7 x64 Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Seasonic X-760W Cooler Master HAF-X Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Steelpad S&S 
  hide details  
Reply
Small Fry
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k @ 4.4 Ghz Asus Sabertooth P67 MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II OC SLI Corsair Dominator 4x2Gb 1600 C8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 128 + 240 Gb + 2 Seagate 1Tb 6Gb/s Pioneer BDR-205 Win7 x64 Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Seasonic X-760W Cooler Master HAF-X Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Steelpad S&S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2512 of 5998
Anyone know of a list update? I read it says every Saturday, that's the only reason why I'm asking.
Red October
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (C2) Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus GTX 680 DC2 4GB Mushkin Redline 8GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 & Western Digital 640 Black  LiteOn Blu-Ray & Lightscribe CD/DVD Corsair H100 Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23' Samsung LED XL2370 1920x1080 Ducky 9008-G2 OCN Edition (MX Brown) / Ducky Sh... Corsair 750HX Cooler Master HAF 932 - Paint Modded 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Sennheiser HD 595 X-Fi Titanium HD (Modded) Bravo Audio V1 rolled w/ Mastushita  
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 
  hide details  
Reply
Red October
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (C2) Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus GTX 680 DC2 4GB Mushkin Redline 8GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 & Western Digital 640 Black  LiteOn Blu-Ray & Lightscribe CD/DVD Corsair H100 Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23' Samsung LED XL2370 1920x1080 Ducky 9008-G2 OCN Edition (MX Brown) / Ducky Sh... Corsair 750HX Cooler Master HAF 932 - Paint Modded 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Sennheiser HD 595 X-Fi Titanium HD (Modded) Bravo Audio V1 rolled w/ Mastushita  
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2513 of 5998
Updated! Welcome and grats to all the new members If you were not added, please read the OP.

///M3, trojan92, Darco19, claymanhb, iSyntac
Your OCN name must be included in your screenshot, check out the first page for more info.
post #2514 of 5998
Yes! Thanks!
Red October
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (C2) Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus GTX 680 DC2 4GB Mushkin Redline 8GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 & Western Digital 640 Black  LiteOn Blu-Ray & Lightscribe CD/DVD Corsair H100 Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23' Samsung LED XL2370 1920x1080 Ducky 9008-G2 OCN Edition (MX Brown) / Ducky Sh... Corsair 750HX Cooler Master HAF 932 - Paint Modded 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Sennheiser HD 595 X-Fi Titanium HD (Modded) Bravo Audio V1 rolled w/ Mastushita  
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 
  hide details  
Reply
Red October
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (C2) Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus GTX 680 DC2 4GB Mushkin Redline 8GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 & Western Digital 640 Black  LiteOn Blu-Ray & Lightscribe CD/DVD Corsair H100 Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23' Samsung LED XL2370 1920x1080 Ducky 9008-G2 OCN Edition (MX Brown) / Ducky Sh... Corsair 750HX Cooler Master HAF 932 - Paint Modded 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Sennheiser HD 595 X-Fi Titanium HD (Modded) Bravo Audio V1 rolled w/ Mastushita  
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2515 of 5998
Alright, so I've been talking to someone about how to handle ppu enabled in the benchmarks list. The reason for this is because ppu inflates your score.

For example.. someone with SB 2600k @ 5.4ghz / 580 @ 981/2300 ppu off and someone else with SB 2600k @ 4.8ghz / 900/2100 ppu on. The person with ppu on will score significantly higher even though their "gpu" score is lower than the person with ppu off.

I would like everyone's opinion on this matter. Also, please quote this when responding. Thanks!

How does everyone feel about people posting their benchmarks with ppu enabled? By default, the newer version of vantage will have ppu disabled.

So here are the options I have come up with.

A. Separate the benchmarks section with (ppu on) and (ppu off)
or
B. Only post the gpu score in the benchmarks list which in turn would flip around a lot off scores.
Edited by subz3ro - 6/12/11 at 9:53am
post #2516 of 5998
Quote:
Originally Posted by subz3ro View Post
///M3, trojan92, Darco19, claymanhb, iSyntac
Your OCN name must be included in your screenshot, check out the first page for more info.
Ooops! My bad... Here's an updated screenshot.

My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 MSI GTX 570 Corsair DDR3 1600MHz (2x 2GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 64-bit Asus VH238H 23" (1920 x 1080) Microsoft X4 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Earthwatt EA750w Coolermaster 690 II Advanced Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 MSI GTX 570 Corsair DDR3 1600MHz (2x 2GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 64-bit Asus VH238H 23" (1920 x 1080) Microsoft X4 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Earthwatt EA750w Coolermaster 690 II Advanced Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2517 of 5998
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CH_Skyline_ View Post
3rd card has arrived!!!

dude you are crazy do you really need that much?
Edited by kazy - 6/12/11 at 10:57am
post #2518 of 5998
Quote:
Originally Posted by subz3ro View Post
Alright, so I've been talking to someone about how to handle ppu enabled in the benchmarks list. The reason for this is because ppu inflates your score.

For example.. someone with SB 2600k @ 5.4ghz / 580 @ 981/2300 ppu off and someone else with SB 2600k @ 4.8ghz / 900/2100 ppu on. The person with ppu on will score significantly higher even though their "gpu" score is lower than the person with ppu off.

I would like everyone's opinion on this matter. Also, please quote this when responding. Thanks!

How does everyone feel about people posting their benchmarks with ppu enabled? By default, the newer version of vantage will have ppu disabled.

So here are the options I have come up with.

A. Separate the benchmarks section with (ppu on) and (ppu off)
or
B. Only post the gpu score in the benchmarks list which in turn would flip around a lot off scores.
I asked the same question in one of the Vantage threads somewhere on OCN a while back and got the answer "we have Nvidia, why shouldn't we use PPU?". Something along the lines of we have PhysX, AMD doesn't, their loss. I could care less.

I edited my post to post up a run of Vantage with PPU on since I saw many other people were using PPU.

I have a run with PPU off as well, but for some reason I couldn't break 27k (GPU) with PPU off. So I'd rather use the higher score.

I for one only look at the GPU score when I see a validation because of the whole PPU/ PhysX on in NCP, it gets confusing. All I care about is the GPU performance.


I think GPU only score would work better in this particular thread because of the fact that this is a GPU related thread.
Edited by blackbalt89 - 6/12/11 at 11:05am
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2519 of 5998
Quote:
Originally Posted by amstech View Post
Posting in this thread so I can look it up later.
My EVGA doesn't come in till Monday.
Same here. My 580 comes tomorrow
Black Pill
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 3770k ASUS P8Z77V-PRO EVGA GTX-980 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb (2x8Gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128Gb OCZ Vertex IV SSD 1Tb WD Gold HDD 1.5Tb WD Caviar Green HDD ASUS CD/DVD +/-RW x24 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit BenQ XL2410T 120Hz Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850w Bitfenix Ghost Logitech G600 Steelseries H4 
Audio
Logitech G35 Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Ivy Bridge 2.6Ghz Apple PCB nVidia GT650M (Overclocked) 16Gb Apple Ram 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512Gb Apple SSD None 2 Asymmetrical Fans OSX Mavericks 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
15" Retina IPS Display Apple Backlit Keyboard 85w Magsafe II Apple Aluminum Unibody 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Apple Multi-Touch Trackpad Integrated  Slave Labor 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Pill
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 3770k ASUS P8Z77V-PRO EVGA GTX-980 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb (2x8Gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128Gb OCZ Vertex IV SSD 1Tb WD Gold HDD 1.5Tb WD Caviar Green HDD ASUS CD/DVD +/-RW x24 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit BenQ XL2410T 120Hz Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850w Bitfenix Ghost Logitech G600 Steelseries H4 
Audio
Logitech G35 Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Ivy Bridge 2.6Ghz Apple PCB nVidia GT650M (Overclocked) 16Gb Apple Ram 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512Gb Apple SSD None 2 Asymmetrical Fans OSX Mavericks 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
15" Retina IPS Display Apple Backlit Keyboard 85w Magsafe II Apple Aluminum Unibody 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Apple Multi-Touch Trackpad Integrated  Slave Labor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2520 of 5998
Quote:
Originally Posted by subz3ro View Post
Alright, so I've been talking to someone about how to handle ppu enabled in the benchmarks list. The reason for this is because ppu inflates your score.

For example.. someone with SB 2600k @ 5.4ghz / 580 @ 981/2300 ppu off and someone else with SB 2600k @ 4.8ghz / 900/2100 ppu on. The person with ppu on will score significantly higher even though their "gpu" score is lower than the person with ppu off.

I would like everyone's opinion on this matter. Also, please quote this when responding. Thanks!

How does everyone feel about people posting their benchmarks with ppu enabled? By default, the newer version of vantage will have ppu disabled.

So here are the options I have come up with.

A. Separate the benchmarks section with (ppu on) and (ppu off)
or
B. Only post the gpu score in the benchmarks list which in turn would flip around a lot off scores.
PPU disabled is the right way to run it, but with the old version of vantage coming PPU enabled at default & the new version disabled at default there will be mixed scores from those who don't use it often & just run default.
It is just as easy to only look at the gpu scores, although I usually try to get people to run PPU disabled so when new guys are submitting to Hwbot the scores don't get rejected for enabling physx.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 500 Series Owners Club