Have you tested the card in another computer?
Originally Posted by Jack3dhero
@ Majestic Lizard don't say that
his is my first rig
(1) take digital photos of the condition of the card and the part of the card that has the serial numbers. this way if they simply send the card back without doing anything to it, you can prove it
(2) write down all of the identifying numbers from the card (part number, serial number, model number, any PCB numbers).
(3) if you got it from newegg, call newegg and start their RMA process
(4) make sure you get a delivery confirmation or tracking number
(5) if you did not get it from newegg, make sure it is registered with XFX through their site
(6) if you got it from tiger direct, contact them about the RMA first
(7) if you have to start the RMA process with XFX, contact XFX
(8) always be polite and make sure you get the name of the person you are speaking to