Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Mydrivers] World's First Single Slot GTX460
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Mydrivers] World's First Single Slot GTX460 - Page 5

post #41 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by space@pe View Post
i havent been able to find any of the higher performing single slot cards in any stores.
does anyone know were to get some? my motherboard sli/cfx clearance are really bad
not even my 5850 with the slim musashi cooler and 12mm thick fans are thin enough if
i need to go sli/cfx some day :/

kinda silly to have 3 pci-e slot then if you ask me
If you want this Galaxy GTX460, you need to wait a little to see if the card makes its way across the Pacific. It has just been released in Japan.
And if you want it sooner, keep an eye on the 3 Japanese online stores in the link below and order your copy through them.

Link:http://akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/...i_ckatana.html
post #42 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfire View Post
If you want this Galaxy GTX460, you need to wait a little to see if the card makes its way across the Pacific. It has just been released in Japan.
And if you want it sooner, keep an eye on the 3 Japanese online stores in the link below and order your copy through them.

Link:http://akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/...i_ckatana.html
ok mate well just like all the others going before this it properly
wont even get released or maybe in very limited stock. also i need a
sli bridge or this card is almost useless.
Darth Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4.2GHz. 1.384v/1.328v (idle/load) Asus P6X58D-E XFX 5850 (non ref.) @ 925 MHz/1245 MHz 1.225 vGPU G.Skill PI 8GB PC3-16000U CL6 @ 1830 MHz CL6 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 (120GB) Pioneer BDR-205 (Firmware v. 1.10) Windows 7 x64 SyncMaster 2693HM (25.5") 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech diNovo Edge Corsair AX850 Cooler Master Cosmos S Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
Func Surface1030 Archetype 
  hide details  
Reply
Darth Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4.2GHz. 1.384v/1.328v (idle/load) Asus P6X58D-E XFX 5850 (non ref.) @ 925 MHz/1245 MHz 1.225 vGPU G.Skill PI 8GB PC3-16000U CL6 @ 1830 MHz CL6 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 (120GB) Pioneer BDR-205 (Firmware v. 1.10) Windows 7 x64 SyncMaster 2693HM (25.5") 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech diNovo Edge Corsair AX850 Cooler Master Cosmos S Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
Func Surface1030 Archetype 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by space@pe View Post
i havent been able to find any of the higher performing single slot cards in any stores.
does anyone know were to get some? my motherboard sli/cfx clearance are really bad
not even my 5850 with the slim musashi cooler and 12mm thick fans are thin enough if
i need to go sli/cfx some day :/

kinda silly to have 3 pci-e slot then if you ask me
Watercooling?
These really remind me of the 8800gt. Anyone else?
Icingdeath
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Lapped]Q6600 G0 @ 3.7Ghz (410x9 w/1.475v) Asus P5E X38 (RF 0803) GTX460 768MB @ 880/1760/2000 2x2GB OCZ Reapers 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial M4 128GB for OS 2x WD Black 1TB LightScribe Dvd-Rw Win7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" LG LCD Logitech G11 Xion 800W Aurora 570 
MouseMouse Pad
razer diamondback 3g Steel Series Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Icingdeath
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Lapped]Q6600 G0 @ 3.7Ghz (410x9 w/1.475v) Asus P5E X38 (RF 0803) GTX460 768MB @ 880/1760/2000 2x2GB OCZ Reapers 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial M4 128GB for OS 2x WD Black 1TB LightScribe Dvd-Rw Win7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" LG LCD Logitech G11 Xion 800W Aurora 570 
MouseMouse Pad
razer diamondback 3g Steel Series Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt5 View Post
Watercooling?
These really remind me of the 8800gt. Anyone else?
yeah maybe your right. water can just be such a pain in the butt lol
Darth Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4.2GHz. 1.384v/1.328v (idle/load) Asus P6X58D-E XFX 5850 (non ref.) @ 925 MHz/1245 MHz 1.225 vGPU G.Skill PI 8GB PC3-16000U CL6 @ 1830 MHz CL6 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 (120GB) Pioneer BDR-205 (Firmware v. 1.10) Windows 7 x64 SyncMaster 2693HM (25.5") 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech diNovo Edge Corsair AX850 Cooler Master Cosmos S Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
Func Surface1030 Archetype 
  hide details  
Reply
Darth Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4.2GHz. 1.384v/1.328v (idle/load) Asus P6X58D-E XFX 5850 (non ref.) @ 925 MHz/1245 MHz 1.225 vGPU G.Skill PI 8GB PC3-16000U CL6 @ 1830 MHz CL6 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 (120GB) Pioneer BDR-205 (Firmware v. 1.10) Windows 7 x64 SyncMaster 2693HM (25.5") 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech diNovo Edge Corsair AX850 Cooler Master Cosmos S Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
Func Surface1030 Archetype 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by space@pe View Post
yeah maybe your right. water can just be such a pain in the butt lol
I know.
My pump just died and it took my 4850 with it.
Icingdeath
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Lapped]Q6600 G0 @ 3.7Ghz (410x9 w/1.475v) Asus P5E X38 (RF 0803) GTX460 768MB @ 880/1760/2000 2x2GB OCZ Reapers 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial M4 128GB for OS 2x WD Black 1TB LightScribe Dvd-Rw Win7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" LG LCD Logitech G11 Xion 800W Aurora 570 
MouseMouse Pad
razer diamondback 3g Steel Series Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Icingdeath
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Lapped]Q6600 G0 @ 3.7Ghz (410x9 w/1.475v) Asus P5E X38 (RF 0803) GTX460 768MB @ 880/1760/2000 2x2GB OCZ Reapers 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial M4 128GB for OS 2x WD Black 1TB LightScribe Dvd-Rw Win7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" LG LCD Logitech G11 Xion 800W Aurora 570 
MouseMouse Pad
razer diamondback 3g Steel Series Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by space@pe View Post
ok mate well just like all the others going before this it properly
wont even get released or maybe in very limited stock. also i need a
sli bridge or this card is almost useless.
Yes, I know what you mean.
Perhaps you should change your mobo instead of changing graphic card?
Unfortunately, Asus P6X58D-E 's PCIe slots are arranged like that.

Although this card does not support 'usual' SLI, it does support SLI (without the bridge). I think it is more targeted at Folding, Physx and HTPC usage.

Here the 'official' pages saying SLI for the card:
http://www.mvkc.jp/product/galaxy/vg...gd5_katana.php
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...uhZDe-ZvCyMthA
Edited by windfire - 12/18/10 at 5:48pm
post #47 of 83
man more companies need to do this besides galaxy
GodofDeath
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 970 Asus Rampage III Formula EVGA GTX 460 1gb SSC+ SLI EVGA GTX 460 1gb SSC+ SLI 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Dominators GT Red 3x2gb 7-7-7-20 G.Skill Pheonix Pro 120gb WD1002FAEX 1tb ASUS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Venomous X Black Windows 7 Professional Dell U2311H Filco 104 Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 Lian Li A05NB Powdercoated/Modded Logitech G500 Razer Sphex 
  hide details  
Reply
GodofDeath
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 970 Asus Rampage III Formula EVGA GTX 460 1gb SSC+ SLI EVGA GTX 460 1gb SSC+ SLI 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Dominators GT Red 3x2gb 7-7-7-20 G.Skill Pheonix Pro 120gb WD1002FAEX 1tb ASUS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Venomous X Black Windows 7 Professional Dell U2311H Filco 104 Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 Lian Li A05NB Powdercoated/Modded Logitech G500 Razer Sphex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 83
AHHHH
jizz in mah pants
do I see 6 gtx480s. now for a hexa-sli?
i smell folding madness.
we need someone to get 6 of these and water cool them now
BlackDog
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q9300 MSI P7N-SLI EVGA GTS250 512mb 4GB OCZ SLI 1066mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1 TB WD SATA Windows 7 Corsair 750HX Thermaltake M9 
  hide details  
Reply
BlackDog
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q9300 MSI P7N-SLI EVGA GTS250 512mb 4GB OCZ SLI 1066mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1 TB WD SATA Windows 7 Corsair 750HX Thermaltake M9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfire View Post
Yes, I know what you mean.
Perhaps you should change your mobo instead of changing graphic card?
Unfortunately, Asus P6X58D-E 's PCIe slots are arranged like that.

Although this card does not support 'usual' SLI, it does support SLI (without the bridge). I think it is more targeted at Folding, Physx and HTPC usage.

Here the 'official' pages saying SLI for the card:
http://www.mvkc.jp/product/galaxy/vg...gd5_katana.php
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...uhZDe-ZvCyMthA
well i've been looking at some 10mm thick 70mm fans and maybe
something like the thermalright spitfire can be used in a emergency
.although it's massive hehe

a good idea to plan before just buying a new mobo i guess
Darth Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4.2GHz. 1.384v/1.328v (idle/load) Asus P6X58D-E XFX 5850 (non ref.) @ 925 MHz/1245 MHz 1.225 vGPU G.Skill PI 8GB PC3-16000U CL6 @ 1830 MHz CL6 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 (120GB) Pioneer BDR-205 (Firmware v. 1.10) Windows 7 x64 SyncMaster 2693HM (25.5") 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech diNovo Edge Corsair AX850 Cooler Master Cosmos S Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
Func Surface1030 Archetype 
  hide details  
Reply
Darth Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4.2GHz. 1.384v/1.328v (idle/load) Asus P6X58D-E XFX 5850 (non ref.) @ 925 MHz/1245 MHz 1.225 vGPU G.Skill PI 8GB PC3-16000U CL6 @ 1830 MHz CL6 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 (120GB) Pioneer BDR-205 (Firmware v. 1.10) Windows 7 x64 SyncMaster 2693HM (25.5") 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech diNovo Edge Corsair AX850 Cooler Master Cosmos S Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
Func Surface1030 Archetype 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by space@pe View Post
well i've been looking at some 10mm thick 70mm fans and maybe
something like the thermalright spitfire can be used in a emergency
.although it's massive hehe

a good idea to plan before just buying a new mobo i guess
I heard that the newer AMD cards (6850/6870/6950/6970) are slightly thinner than the 5xxx series, thus making the gap between 2 crossfired cards slightly wider for better ventilation.
(I am not 100% sure of this and I wish someone can measure the card thickness of a 58xx and of a 68xx/69xx for confirmation.)

So, by the time you go Crossfire, maybe it is worth to upgrade to the 6xxx series.
Edited by windfire - 12/18/10 at 6:32pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Mydrivers] World's First Single Slot GTX460