Originally Posted by Dimaggio1103
I just got another 6950 to crossfire with my unlocked 6950. I have a few questions:
1. Does it matter wich card I plug the monitor into cause it only boots up if I plug it into the bottom stock 6950.
2. How do i optimise them i see the loads in some games only going up to 50% on each card and getting terrible fps, while other games seem to be fine?
3. Does it matter wich part the bridge is hooked up to? and any changes i need to make in bios?
Sorry for newb questions new to crossfire. thanks for any help guys.
1. Plug it into the Master card. usually the master card is the top card unless the bottom card has been set by default. If you can only plug the monitor into the bottom card then that's ok.
Try no vsync and try to max the graphics. Some games are not optimized for CF. Usually new drivers and/or game patches sort this issue out. Also, in overdrive, set both cards to +20% on the power options. See if this helps. Google 3d3overrider and DL it. Force tripple buffer. This helps fix low fps issues when vsync is active.
3. Use one CFX bridge on the left side. 2 Is not needed. AMD say only use 1
Hope this helps.