Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD HD 69xx Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD HD 69xx Owners Club - Page 321

post #3201 of 3890
thank you
Amd system
(26 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Gigabyte 890XA-UD3 Asus EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5 Kingston X-blu 2gb 1333 Mhz 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Kingston X-blu 2gb 1333 Mhz Kingston X-blu 2gb 1333 Mhz Kingston X-blu 2gb 1333 Mhz Cordair Force Series 2 120 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel Postville X-25 40 Gb seagate barracuda 7200 sata 3 2Tb samsung eco green 2Tb Western Digitan (WD) Green 2Tb (x5) total 10Tb 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Simple  Corsair Hydro H50 120mm fans with blue led (x3) 120mm fans without led (x2) (silverstone stock ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
170mm fans without led (x2) (silverstone stock ... Windows 8 64 bit Dell U2311h A4Tech x7 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Tx 850w V2 Silverstone Raven rv03 MICROSOFT SIDEWINDER MOUSE DSP Logilink gaming mouse pad 
AudioOther
Logitech Z323 Cathode blue (x2) 
  hide details  
Reply
Amd system
(26 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Gigabyte 890XA-UD3 Asus EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5 Kingston X-blu 2gb 1333 Mhz 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Kingston X-blu 2gb 1333 Mhz Kingston X-blu 2gb 1333 Mhz Kingston X-blu 2gb 1333 Mhz Cordair Force Series 2 120 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel Postville X-25 40 Gb seagate barracuda 7200 sata 3 2Tb samsung eco green 2Tb Western Digitan (WD) Green 2Tb (x5) total 10Tb 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Simple  Corsair Hydro H50 120mm fans with blue led (x3) 120mm fans without led (x2) (silverstone stock ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
170mm fans without led (x2) (silverstone stock ... Windows 8 64 bit Dell U2311h A4Tech x7 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Tx 850w V2 Silverstone Raven rv03 MICROSOFT SIDEWINDER MOUSE DSP Logilink gaming mouse pad 
AudioOther
Logitech Z323 Cathode blue (x2) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3202 of 3890
Ok so my flashed 6950 just froze and i shut down my pc. i switched it to #2 and its now stock 6950 bios. im afraid to switch back to the 6970 bios. any tips? thanks biggrin.gif
post #3203 of 3890
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverClocker55 View Post

Ok so my flashed 6950 just froze and i shut down my pc. i switched it to #2 and its now stock 6950 bios. im afraid to switch back to the 6970 bios. any tips? thanks biggrin.gif

 

 

Flip the BIOS switch to #2
 
  1. Boot up computer with BIOS #2.
  2. Switch to BIOS #1 when Win 7 splash screen shows up.
  3. Use RBE to force flash BIOS #2 into BIOS #1.
  4. Reset computer and put BIOS #1.
  5. BIOS #1 is back to original stock.
 
 
To attempt unlocking shaders;
 
  1. Copy the BIOS #2 ROM.
  2. Use RBE to modify copy of BIOS #2 ROM > unlock to 6970 shaders > save it as "6970.rom".
  3. Flash the modified copied BIOS 2 "6970.rom" to BIOS #1 using "atiflash".
  4. Boot up with switch on BIOS #1.
  5. Check using GPU-Z if the card has extra sharders unlocked.
  6. Done.
 
Last, pray. 
 
 
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3204 of 3890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649 View Post




Flip the BIOS switch to #2
 
  1. Boot up computer with BIOS #2.
  2. Switch to BIOS #1 when Win 7 splash screen shows up.
  3. Use RBE to force flash BIOS #2 into BIOS #1.
  4. Reset computer and put BIOS #1.
  5. BIOS #1 is back to original stock.
 
 
To attempt unlocking shaders;
 
  1. Copy the BIOS #2 ROM.
  2. Use RBE to modify copy of BIOS #2 ROM > unlock to 6970 shaders > save it as "6970.rom".
  3. Flash the modified copied BIOS 2 "6970.rom" to BIOS #1 using "atiflash".
  4. Boot up with switch on BIOS #1.
  5. Check using GPU-Z if the card has extra sharders unlocked.
  6. Done.

 

How To: Flash 6950 to 6970 Guide
The 6950 to 6970 unlock thread
How to: Unlock the shaders on a reference 6950 2GB
AMD Radeon HD 6950 to HD 6970 Mod
Radeon HD 6950 shader unlock instructions
How To: Un-Brick Your Bricked Graphics Card/Fix a Failed BIOS Flash
 

Last, pray. 
 
 

lol its fine working on #2 bios. i just want to know if its safe to try to go to #1 again
post #3205 of 3890

Will need psychic ability to answer that question without doing any harms.

 

To be on the safe side, follow the suggested above. Because don't why it froze and what/how you did it.

ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3206 of 3890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649 View Post

Will need psychic ability to answer that question without doing any harms.

To be on the safe side, follow the suggested above. Because don't why it froze and what/how you did it.

im pretty sure it was cause i was on bf3 for like 4 hours
post #3207 of 3890

It's safe. Thought it was a bad flash.

ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3208 of 3890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649 View Post

It's safe. Thought it was a bad flash.

no the flash was fine its just that i think after 4 hours of bf3 it just shut down. when i had it on #1 it was stable on the 6970 bios. its not a bad flash
post #3209 of 3890
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverClocker55 View Post

no the flash was fine its just that i think after 4 hours of bf3 it just shut down. when i had it on #1 it was stable on the 6970 bios. its not a bad flash

You don't need to flash anything again. You've already killed half of your rom life. Just set it back to 1 and try it again.
2nd Rig
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
2nd Rig
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
post #3210 of 3890
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiaftw12 View Post

You don't need to flash anything again. You've already killed half of your rom life. Just set it back to 1 and try it again.

im not gonna flash ever. im just gonna try to switch back to 1 and see what happens
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD HD 69xx Owners Club