Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Video Cameras › HD/clear video snapshots?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD/clear video snapshots?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
How do some people take such crystal clear snapshots, especially stuff like sports? Pardon my ignorance but I've been searching online for hours with no luck.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post
How do some people take such crystal clear snapshots, especially stuff like sports? Pardon my ignorance but I've been searching online for hours with no luck.
My guess would be having a great camera($$$$$) & knowing how to use it
SubCow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X4 965BE C3 @ 4.10Ghz (200x20.5) 1.5v MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire + XFX 5770's + EVGA 9800GTX+ 8gb (4 x 2gb) DDR3-1333 6-6-6-15-T1 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi - 500GB Seagate - 400GB Seagate LG DVD-RW Win 7 Ult x64 / Snow Leo 10.6.6 / Ubuntu 10.10 x64 AOC 2036S 20" + HP vs15 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Agiler Wireless Corsair TX850w Rosewill Challenger - CM590(dead) Agiler Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
SubCow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X4 965BE C3 @ 4.10Ghz (200x20.5) 1.5v MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire + XFX 5770's + EVGA 9800GTX+ 8gb (4 x 2gb) DDR3-1333 6-6-6-15-T1 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi - 500GB Seagate - 400GB Seagate LG DVD-RW Win 7 Ult x64 / Snow Leo 10.6.6 / Ubuntu 10.10 x64 AOC 2036S 20" + HP vs15 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Agiler Wireless Corsair TX850w Rosewill Challenger - CM590(dead) Agiler Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 10
First off you must have a half decent camera setup and most of all know how to use it properly. Most point and shoot photographers just rely on an 'auto' setup for everything, however this mode is not suitable for all situations so many various manual modes are used.

Have a read here on sports photography..

http://photo.net/learn/sports/overview
Orb
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6900k @ 4.0GHz  ASUS X99 Deluxe II Zotac GTX1070 AMP 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 3GHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo M.2 NVMe | 4x Seagates (12TB) TR Venomous X Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 32" LG32LS575T | 2 x AOC 24" E2460s 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 LUX Enermax Revolution85+ 1250W Antec 1200 with 5 Noctua NF-F12 Fans Logitech MX Master 2s 
Mouse PadAudio
Allsop Metal Asus Xonar D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
Orb
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6900k @ 4.0GHz  ASUS X99 Deluxe II Zotac GTX1070 AMP 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 3GHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo M.2 NVMe | 4x Seagates (12TB) TR Venomous X Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 32" LG32LS575T | 2 x AOC 24" E2460s 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 LUX Enermax Revolution85+ 1250W Antec 1200 with 5 Noctua NF-F12 Fans Logitech MX Master 2s 
Mouse PadAudio
Allsop Metal Asus Xonar D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendblink23 View Post
My guess would be having a great camera($$$$$) & knowing how to use it
Can I give you a minus rep?

My snapshots all look like blurry crap and there's gotta be a better way, like however movie studios take a snapshot during the middle of the action for promotional purposes where if you tried to stop the frame it'd just be blurry
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
First off you must have a half decent camera setup and most of all know how to use it properly. Most point and shoot photographers just rely on an 'auto' setup for everything, however this mode is not suitable for all situations so many various manual modes are used.

Have a read here on sports photography..

http://photo.net/learn/sports/overview
Perhaps I haven't made myself clear enough. I'm not talking about photography. I'm talking about watching a movie, and taking a snapshot from it.

Like take any action movie for example. They'll have images from the movie that looks so sharp that you'd swear it was from a picture.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 10
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakb18c1 View Post
Thanks for your suggestion.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post
Can I give you a minus rep?

My snapshots all look like blurry crap and there's gotta be a better way, like however movie studios take a snapshot during the middle of the action for promotional purposes where if you tried to stop the frame it'd just be blurry
I thought you were referring to HD Filming/Photo which would require a really expensive equipment & knowledge - there's too much info around for suggestions, I simply posted the reality in short words *Expensive & Knowledge* would be required - all because you posted this crystal clear snapshots, especially stuff like sports? it sounded like you wanting to take a shot on an actual location of the sport filming or taking photo's of it

Now if you meant snapshots as in just using the computer... then what was last suggested was the correct thing *Fraps
SubCow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X4 965BE C3 @ 4.10Ghz (200x20.5) 1.5v MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire + XFX 5770's + EVGA 9800GTX+ 8gb (4 x 2gb) DDR3-1333 6-6-6-15-T1 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi - 500GB Seagate - 400GB Seagate LG DVD-RW Win 7 Ult x64 / Snow Leo 10.6.6 / Ubuntu 10.10 x64 AOC 2036S 20" + HP vs15 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Agiler Wireless Corsair TX850w Rosewill Challenger - CM590(dead) Agiler Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
SubCow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X4 965BE C3 @ 4.10Ghz (200x20.5) 1.5v MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire + XFX 5770's + EVGA 9800GTX+ 8gb (4 x 2gb) DDR3-1333 6-6-6-15-T1 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi - 500GB Seagate - 400GB Seagate LG DVD-RW Win 7 Ult x64 / Snow Leo 10.6.6 / Ubuntu 10.10 x64 AOC 2036S 20" + HP vs15 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Agiler Wireless Corsair TX850w Rosewill Challenger - CM590(dead) Agiler Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendblink23 View Post
I thought you were referring to HD Filming/Photo which would require a really expensive equipment & knowledge - there's too much info around for suggestions, I simply posted the reality in short words *Expensive & Knowledge* would be required - all because you posted this crystal clear snapshots, especially stuff like sports? it sounded like you wanting to take a shot on an actual location of the sport filming or taking photo's of it

Now if you meant snapshots as in just using the computer... then what was last suggested was the correct thing *Fraps
I thought you were just being a smartass, Thank you for trying then.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post
Perhaps I haven't made myself clear enough. I'm not talking about photography. I'm talking about watching a movie, and taking a snapshot from it.

Like take any action movie for example. They'll have images from the movie that looks so sharp that you'd swear it was from a picture.
Ahh ok, sorry.

Give Snag It a try.
Orb
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6900k @ 4.0GHz  ASUS X99 Deluxe II Zotac GTX1070 AMP 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 3GHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo M.2 NVMe | 4x Seagates (12TB) TR Venomous X Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 32" LG32LS575T | 2 x AOC 24" E2460s 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 LUX Enermax Revolution85+ 1250W Antec 1200 with 5 Noctua NF-F12 Fans Logitech MX Master 2s 
Mouse PadAudio
Allsop Metal Asus Xonar D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
Orb
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6900k @ 4.0GHz  ASUS X99 Deluxe II Zotac GTX1070 AMP 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 3GHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo M.2 NVMe | 4x Seagates (12TB) TR Venomous X Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 32" LG32LS575T | 2 x AOC 24" E2460s 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 LUX Enermax Revolution85+ 1250W Antec 1200 with 5 Noctua NF-F12 Fans Logitech MX Master 2s 
Mouse PadAudio
Allsop Metal Asus Xonar D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Cameras
Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Video Cameras › HD/clear video snapshots?