Overclock.net banner

Macros!!!

831 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Azuremen 
#1 ·
Hey guys so I was suppossed to to get my Blackwidow today, but something happened with UPS and looks like I am getting it on monday
frown.gif

Anyways...
Do even of you guys use macro keys? I was thinking about trying some for Star craft II but not sure what I can use them for? I mainly play protoss what would be some good ideas?
How about in a FPS game? Any use?

See less See more
#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jakemfbacon
View Post

lol yeah i guess you're right.

well are they any good for FPS

Well some servers will have commands to type in to do stuff, like !give or something. I guess it would work excellent for that, since you won't have to type them out. Other then that, I can't think of why you would use one in your average FPS game.

You could just have them for taunts and hit a key every time you kill someone to have it type out some lewd insult.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy9000
View Post

Well some servers will have commands to type in to do stuff, like !give or something. I guess it would work excellent for that, since you won't have to type them out. Other then that, I can't think of why you would use one in your average FPS game.

You could just have them for taunts and hit a key every time you kill someone to have it type out some lewd insult.

hahaha that actually sounds like a good idea!

i guess i don't understand why people are so concerned with macro keys then (i didn't buy this keyboard for the macros). Seems like they arent much use in anything online. except maybe Wow?

#8 ·
I used macros in SC1 and I use a couple in SC2 as well. In SC2 one of the macros I use is one to build probes. I hotkey my nexus to 5 (second one to 6 etc.) and the macro runs "5e 6e". Not much but it is still nice. You could also have your templars hotkeyed and have a macro that selects the hotkey and presses T for you, that would allow you to hotkey your templars to 0 without losing time selecting that hotkey. This would free up whatever hotkey you usually use, most likely 2 or 3.

#9 ·
How does Macro setting work? I never fully understand that, i have a Razer Lycos Mirror keyboard. I did had thoughts of getting a Razer Ultimate Black. Might have to suck it up and get it from Best Buy cuz UPS and Fed Ex is gonna be busy due to the holidays and i HATE late shipping

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 78@pwnt4lif3
View Post

How does Macro setting work? I never fully understand that, i have a Razer Lycos Mirror keyboard. I did had thoughts of getting a Razer Ultimate Black. Might have to suck it up and get it from Best Buy cuz UPS and Fed Ex is gonna be busy due to the holidays and i HATE late shipping

My Logitech keyboard came with software that allows you to set macros. It's pretty easy!

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moheevi_chess;11731418
I used macros in SC1 and I use a couple in SC2 as well. In SC2 one of the macros I use is one to build probes. I hotkey my nexus to 5 (second one to 6 etc.) and the macro runs "5e 6e". Not much but it is still nice. You could also have your templars hotkeyed and have a macro that selects the hotkey and presses T for you, that would allow you to hotkey your templars to 0 without losing time selecting that hotkey. This would free up whatever hotkey you usually use, most likely 2 or 3.
You could just put all your Nexii on a single hot key, then just hit "e" the respective number of times.

Generally, I find players using macros in SC2 just tend to not be as good, and are thus looking for that extra edge somehow rather than just learning to play the game properly.

That, and they are banned from competitive play anyhow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.