Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Major Problem(s)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Major Problem(s)? - Page 2

post #11 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetiton View Post
Yes, or list them. You click Go Advanced on the bottom of your post to bring up the picture uploader.
Ah, I'll just list them because I'm stupid. If this isn't what you wanted (and it probably isn't, I've never really looked at RAM settings much), just tell me. I apologise.

HWmonitor lists volts as 1.49v.

CPU Z:
DRAM Frequency - 669.6 MHz
FSBRAM - 3:10
Cycle Time - 24 Clocks
Bank Cycle Time - 33 Clocks
Command Rate -1T
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ATI Raedon 4890 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse II CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W Cooler Master CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ATI Raedon 4890 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse II CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W Cooler Master CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfe_vern View Post
What driver are you using for your 4890?? BTW, fill your system info please. If you are using 10.12 some people have reported problems with it, including myself.
I am using 10.12 =\\. I did download new drivers, so unless there's a problem with it or something that should be good.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ATI Raedon 4890 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse II CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W Cooler Master CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ATI Raedon 4890 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse II CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W Cooler Master CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgator View Post
...the monitor would still act as if it was in sleep mode. It magically went away.
First off. If it is completely random, its most likely a driver problem(from the videocard or another video related driver... note some programs have video drivers, especially the ... webcam ones ...)
Next is is happening at a timed interval? Is your windows installation legal and activated?

If all of the previous questions are, No video driver problems, and yes activated. Call Microsoft. Or your 3rd party hardware manufactures.
Otherwise, look to other software solutions(use a live boot cd' and see how long it is stable.)

Also, try using only 10.11 drivers.
Synthkart
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T Asus Onboard x4200 2x2GB GeIL DDR 1333 (9-9-9) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Sata3.0 Liteon iHAS124 Win7 x64 Some old crt 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
digital Raidmax-450K Some cheap raidmax Labtec 
Mouse Pad
  hide details  
Reply
Synthkart
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T Asus Onboard x4200 2x2GB GeIL DDR 1333 (9-9-9) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Sata3.0 Liteon iHAS124 Win7 x64 Some old crt 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
digital Raidmax-450K Some cheap raidmax Labtec 
Mouse Pad
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenolak View Post
First off. If it is completely random, its most likely a driver problem(from the videocard or another video related driver... note some programs have video drivers, especially the ... webcam ones ...)
Next is is happening at a timed interval? Is your windows installation legal and activated?

If all of the previous questions are, No video driver problems, and yes activated. Call Microsoft. Or your 3rd party hardware manufactures.
Otherwise, look to other software solutions(use a live boot cd' and see how long it is stable.)

Also, try using only 10.11 drivers.
It does not seem to be at timed intervals. I could go hours sometimes without it happening, and sometimes it will happen more than twice in one hour. Yup, my windows is legal/activated. And alright, I will do that now.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ATI Raedon 4890 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse II CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W Cooler Master CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ATI Raedon 4890 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse II CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W Cooler Master CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgator View Post
I am using 10.12 =\\. I did download new drivers, so unless there's a problem with it or something that should be good.
Did you start having this problem after you installed 10.12? If so roll back the driver to 10.11 in your Control Panel/Device Manager/Display Adapter/ATI 4970/Driver. In Driver you'll see Rollback Driver, click that and restart. Let us know how that goes.
Those few settings you listed are OK. Your RAM is set to 1333. (default, 2X669) If that's your RAM volts they need to go back to 1.45v. Show me the picture first before you change anything. First rollback to 10.11 and test to see if that was your problem.
Smoken Hot OCer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 OC 4.1GHz 165x25 1.272v ASUS P6TD Deluxe XFX/Sapphire 2X 5870 2GB Crossfired OC 900-1250 G Skill PI 3X2GB 1600 OC 1650 6-8-6-20 1T 60 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB 34nm Windoz 7 Ultimate 64bit LG 23" W2361VG Saitek 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850w V2 NZXT Apollo Black Logitech MX Revolution wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Smoken Hot OCer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 OC 4.1GHz 165x25 1.272v ASUS P6TD Deluxe XFX/Sapphire 2X 5870 2GB Crossfired OC 900-1250 G Skill PI 3X2GB 1600 OC 1650 6-8-6-20 1T 60 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB 34nm Windoz 7 Ultimate 64bit LG 23" W2361VG Saitek 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850w V2 NZXT Apollo Black Logitech MX Revolution wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetiton View Post
Did you start having this problem after you installed 10.12? If so roll back the driver to 10.11 in your Control Panel/Device Manager/Display Adapter/ATI 4970/Driver. In Driver you'll see Rollback Driver, click that and restart. Let us know how that goes.
Those few settings you listed are OK. Your RAM is set to 1333. (default, 2X669) If that's your RAM volts they need to go back to 1.45v. Show me the picture first before you change anything. First rollback to 10.11 and test to see if that was your problem.
Bah, I hope this is alright. =\\ if all else, I could take pics from the actual bios I guess?

My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ATI Raedon 4890 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse II CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W Cooler Master CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ATI Raedon 4890 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse II CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W Cooler Master CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 27
Your RAM is not running at the correct settings. Change the memory multiplier to x8 to run 1600Mhz, or otherwise lower timings at 1333Mhz to around 7-7-7 (should be capable on those Ripjaws).
post #18 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
Your RAM is not running at the correct settings. Change the memory multiplier to x8 to run 1600Mhz, or otherwise lower timings at 1333Mhz to around 7-7-7 (should be capable on those Ripjaws).
Hm. Is that the only thing I need to change, the multiplier? And is that actually what it is called? I've never really messed around with this stuff. =\\ Sorry for bothering you guys with dumb questions haha.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ATI Raedon 4890 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse II CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W Cooler Master CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ATI Raedon 4890 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse II CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W Cooler Master CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 27
Lets get it running right before OCing anything. 1600 is a OC for that MB. 1333 (where it's set) is the default setting. All the timings are good too. The only thing you could change (but I wouldn't until we get the restart problem taken care of) is the volts from 1.49v to the default 1.45v.
Did you roll back the driver to 10.11?
Smoken Hot OCer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 OC 4.1GHz 165x25 1.272v ASUS P6TD Deluxe XFX/Sapphire 2X 5870 2GB Crossfired OC 900-1250 G Skill PI 3X2GB 1600 OC 1650 6-8-6-20 1T 60 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB 34nm Windoz 7 Ultimate 64bit LG 23" W2361VG Saitek 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850w V2 NZXT Apollo Black Logitech MX Revolution wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Smoken Hot OCer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 OC 4.1GHz 165x25 1.272v ASUS P6TD Deluxe XFX/Sapphire 2X 5870 2GB Crossfired OC 900-1250 G Skill PI 3X2GB 1600 OC 1650 6-8-6-20 1T 60 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB 34nm Windoz 7 Ultimate 64bit LG 23" W2361VG Saitek 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850w V2 NZXT Apollo Black Logitech MX Revolution wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetiton View Post
Lets get it running right before OCing anything. 1600 is a OC for that MB. 1333 (where it's set) is the default setting. All the timings are good too. The only thing you could change (but I wouldn't until we get the restart problem taken care of) is the volts from 1.49v to the default 1.45v.
Did you roll back the driver to 10.11?
Yup I did.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ATI Raedon 4890 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse II CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W Cooler Master CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ATI Raedon 4890 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse II CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W Cooler Master CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Major Problem(s)?