Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i5 750 (stock) Corsair H50 @ 99 degrees!?!?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

i5 750 (stock) Corsair H50 @ 99 degrees!?!? - Page 4

post #31 of 48
Try my previous suggestion..
post #32 of 48
Woah there, I have the exact same setup as you do yet my temps reach only 55'C MAX when I plan Forged Alliance or something.

Now I'm sure everyone has told you to re-seat the CPU but maybe check your VCore and maybe it isn't set too high? Mine is sitting at a 1.452V comfy at the OC I'm at now.

EDIT: Idle is 29C and Prime 95 is 53C at MAX
Edited by Versa - 1/6/11 at 5:04pm
5820k
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k ASUS x99 Sabertooth Zotac 980Ti AMP! 2 x G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
Samsun SM951 Corsair H100i CentOS Windows 10 Pro KVM 
CaseMouseAudio
CM Storm Stryker Corsair SABRE Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
5820k
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k ASUS x99 Sabertooth Zotac 980Ti AMP! 2 x G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
Samsun SM951 Corsair H100i CentOS Windows 10 Pro KVM 
CaseMouseAudio
CM Storm Stryker Corsair SABRE Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepilot View Post
You definitely need to reseat it. I'm running my sig rig at a pretty solid overclock and 100% load is holding around 46C. How much thermal paste did you use???
even 46C seems high imo or maybe i expect too much out of the h70
post #34 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-47 View Post
even 46C seems high imo or maybe i expect too much out of the h70
That sounds about right.
I don't understand why people buy an h50 or an h70. I personally almost fell into this trap because it said "Liquid cooling". In reality, this has the same performance as a high end air cooler, and there is NO reason to buy an h70/h50 over a piece of metal that will never break, leak, or need maintenance. I mean, it's your choice if you wanna buy it, but think of the H50/h70 as a top of the line air cooler.

Oh and here comes the kicker:

You can get the maintenance-free air cooler that performs the same for half the price.
g2g
post #35 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsdude View Post
That sounds about right.
I don't understand why people buy an h50 or an h70. I personally almost fell into this trap because it said "Liquid cooling". In reality, this has the same performance as a high end air cooler, and there is NO reason to buy an h70/h50 over a piece of metal that will never break, leak, or need maintenance. I mean, it's your choice if you wanna buy it, but think of the H50/h70 as a top of the line air cooler.

Oh and here comes the kicker:

You can get the maintenance-free air cooler that performs the same for half the price.
g2g
While most of what you said is true, two nice things about the H50/70 are that they get the heat out of the case (exhaust radiator), and they keep you from bending the crap out of your motherboard.

Also, what maintenance and what leaks?
Blackbird
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PhII X4 955BE @3.78GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO EVGA GTS250 1024mb 256-bit 2x2gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160 raid0 (OS), 1x500 (home), 1x1.5 (storage) Lite-on DVD-RW Win7Pro64 ASUS 22.5" 2ms 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell, $5 used Corsair 750W Coolermaster Scout Microsoft, $5 used 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
Blackbird
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PhII X4 955BE @3.78GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO EVGA GTS250 1024mb 256-bit 2x2gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160 raid0 (OS), 1x500 (home), 1x1.5 (storage) Lite-on DVD-RW Win7Pro64 ASUS 22.5" 2ms 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell, $5 used Corsair 750W Coolermaster Scout Microsoft, $5 used 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepilot View Post
While most of what you said is true, two nice things about the H50/70 are that they get the heat out of the case (exhaust radiator), and they keep you from bending the crap out of your motherboard.

Also, what maintenance and what leaks?
1. If the radiator/tubing leaks (you bought a bad unit), then your rig is ruined. Corsair may replace damaged hardware or it may not.
2. There is NO such thing as a 100% "maintenance-free" water cooling unit. Sooner or later, something will have to be replaced.
3. I probably have the heaviest air cooler -the Mugen-2, and it's just a block of metal that will never need any maintenance, aside from the dust that can be cleaned in less than 5 min with an air spray can, performs just as good as an h70/h50
post #37 of 48
I was hating my H50 ... and thanks to the more intelligent posts in the first 2 pages, I reseated the H50 on my "F3" rig and now the temps are about 20 deg C lower! It was ok at first, but then start folding and seal up my rig with the 4 gpus? Heat up and it reboots.

I still think the Zalman on my F1 rig is the best cooler yet. I had one of those "BigWater" kits which rocked my world for a week until the pump died and the radiator leaked.

I know how to put on a cooler ... I always did the super thin smear on cpu deal ... I tried the pea sized dollup and it totally worked. Cool...
Fridge
(18 items)
 
e-peen
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930k SABERTOOTH X79 NVIDIA Quadro K2000 Corsair 4 x 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Revodrive 350 PCIe  Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 7200 rpm ST31000... Acer HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH70N  Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 7 professional 64 bit ASUS PB278Q 27-Inch WQHD PLS Monitor razer black widow ultimate Raidmax 630w 
CaseMouseOtherOther
TT Commander Snow Logitech M-U0007 (M500) NextEngine Laser Scanner Mobile Computer Desk 
OtherOther
3D Connexion Space Navigator Huion H58L Tablet 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon 3440 Maximus III Gene GTS250 G.Skill 2GB F3-10666CL8-2GBHK 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP2004C 200GB 7200 RPM Zalman windows 7 64 bit Gateway FHX3200B 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer AL2216W Razer black widow ultimate CM 500w Coolermaster USP100 red 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Fridge
(18 items)
 
e-peen
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930k SABERTOOTH X79 NVIDIA Quadro K2000 Corsair 4 x 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Revodrive 350 PCIe  Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 7200 rpm ST31000... Acer HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH70N  Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 7 professional 64 bit ASUS PB278Q 27-Inch WQHD PLS Monitor razer black widow ultimate Raidmax 630w 
CaseMouseOtherOther
TT Commander Snow Logitech M-U0007 (M500) NextEngine Laser Scanner Mobile Computer Desk 
OtherOther
3D Connexion Space Navigator Huion H58L Tablet 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon 3440 Maximus III Gene GTS250 G.Skill 2GB F3-10666CL8-2GBHK 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP2004C 200GB 7200 RPM Zalman windows 7 64 bit Gateway FHX3200B 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer AL2216W Razer black widow ultimate CM 500w Coolermaster USP100 red 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versa View Post
Woah there, I have the exact same setup as you do yet my temps reach only 55'C MAX when I plan Forged Alliance or something.

Now I'm sure everyone has told you to re-seat the CPU but maybe check your VCore and maybe it isn't set too high? Mine is sitting at a 1.452V comfy at the OC I'm at now.

EDIT: Idle is 29C and Prime 95 is 53C at MAX
***f i have 1.232V and now i have a corsair h70 with 2x akasa viper fans i'm getting 60 degrees idle i used the original h70 compound.. ok guys is it really corsair with s**t coolers or is something wrong with my cpu??
Lamborghini
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.80GHz Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5 Saphire 5870 Vapour-X 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB Intel SSD, 1000GB Maxtor + 250GB Maxtor Samsung DVD+-RW 16x SATA Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung T260HD 26" LCD/TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Corsair TX950W Zalman GS1000 Titanium Razer Diamondback 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
Lamborghini
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.80GHz Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5 Saphire 5870 Vapour-X 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB Intel SSD, 1000GB Maxtor + 250GB Maxtor Samsung DVD+-RW 16x SATA Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung T260HD 26" LCD/TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Corsair TX950W Zalman GS1000 Titanium Razer Diamondback 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpectedly View Post
I was hating my H50 ... and thanks to the more intelligent posts in the first 2 pages, I reseated the H50 on my "F3" rig and now the temps are about 20 deg C lower! It was ok at first, but then start folding and seal up my rig with the 4 gpus? Heat up and it reboots.

I still think the Zalman on my F1 rig is the best cooler yet. I had one of those "BigWater" kits which rocked my world for a week until the pump died and the radiator leaked.

I know how to put on a cooler ... I always did the super thin smear on cpu deal ... I tried the pea sized dollup and it totally worked. Cool...
i used the original thin layer of compound on my new corsair h70 and i have the same problem again i'm hitting 60 degrees idle and 99 degrees on all cores when i run prime95.. i have never had seating problems with any other cooler appart from corsair
Lamborghini
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.80GHz Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5 Saphire 5870 Vapour-X 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB Intel SSD, 1000GB Maxtor + 250GB Maxtor Samsung DVD+-RW 16x SATA Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung T260HD 26" LCD/TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Corsair TX950W Zalman GS1000 Titanium Razer Diamondback 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
Lamborghini
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.80GHz Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5 Saphire 5870 Vapour-X 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB Intel SSD, 1000GB Maxtor + 250GB Maxtor Samsung DVD+-RW 16x SATA Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung T260HD 26" LCD/TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Corsair TX950W Zalman GS1000 Titanium Razer Diamondback 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 48
Sounds like you are missing something, where did you connect the 3pin plug for your pump?? if its on the motherboard enter the bios and make sure that one is at 100%, if it is connect it to another fan header to make sure it isn't the fan header that gone bad,check if you installed it correctly, a pea-size amount of TIM in the center,that when you put the pump you rotate it so the bracket teeth snap in place on the pump then tighten the the screws in a X pattern.

just for checking, did you put the supplied 2-face black tape tape on the provided backplate?
Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 950 4.0ghz @ 1.23v HT off Asus Rampage 3 Formula MSI 465 GE TF2 (Unlocked) Patriot Sector 7 1600mhz 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3 Windows 7 Ultimate Acer X233H Noppo Choc Mini Cherry MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
ABS SL 1050w (Enermax) Lancool K62B Razer Death Adder Noppo N-1 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 950 4.0ghz @ 1.23v HT off Asus Rampage 3 Formula MSI 465 GE TF2 (Unlocked) Patriot Sector 7 1600mhz 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3 Windows 7 Ultimate Acer X233H Noppo Choc Mini Cherry MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
ABS SL 1050w (Enermax) Lancool K62B Razer Death Adder Noppo N-1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i5 750 (stock) Corsair H50 @ 99 degrees!?!?