Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › OCZ StealthXStream II 700W and xfx 6870BE crossfire
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCZ StealthXStream II 700W and xfx 6870BE crossfire

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Hi,

I just got my first crossfire setup, built it all in yesterday correctly.
After booting for first time i didn't get a signal(hdmi>hdmi)
After that i tried with one card in and voila i got a signal again.

I use 1 6pin on each card. or do you need 4x pcie 6pins for crossfire?
i should have done more reading now i wasted $80 on that PSU.

My point is, do u need 4x 6pins for crossfire?

Thanks in advance.
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by signex View Post
Hi,

I just got my first crossfire setup, built it all in yesterday correctly.
After booting for first time i didn't get a signal(hdmi>hdmi)
After that i tried with one card in and voila i got a signal again.

I use 1 6pin on each card. or do you need 4x pcie 6pins for crossfire?
i should have done more reading now i wasted $80 on that PSU.

My point is, do u need 4x 6pins for crossfire?

Thanks in advance.
So you only have one card plugged in for the crossfire? Also you can buy molex to 6 pins my 6870 came with them. Also I recommend you get a better power supply like the Antec TruePower 650 watt. The stealthxstream is garbage and loud.
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Thanks for quick response. Weird mine didn't came with it. And it's Black Edition.
So molex to 6pins, will that fix my problem?

thanks in advance.
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by signex View Post
Thanks for quick response. Weird mine didn't came with it. And it's Black Edition.
So molex to 6pins, will that fix my problem?

thanks in advance.
It should also I got the MSI Twin Frozr II so each card comes with different cables/accessories getting a simple molex to six pin should fix the problem
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Alright thanks a bunch, or else i would have bought an expensive psu instead.
You said it was loud, but i can hardly hear it in my case
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by signex View Post
Alright thanks a bunch, or else i would have bought an expensive psu instead.
You said it was loud, but i can hardly hear it in my case
Weird my stealthXstream is the loudest component in my case. Maybe mine is extra bad.
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubble View Post
Weird my stealthXstream is the loudest component in my case. Maybe mine is extra bad.
Haha could be Btw i did notice if i only connected 2x6pin to first card and
crossfire bridge connected. restarted and it installed pci to pci bridge but then got BSOD After restart i didnt get bsod but it didnt installed pci to pci bridge again and can't see 2 videocards on hardware manager.
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by signex View Post
Haha could be Btw i did notice if i only connected 2x6pin to first card and
crossfire bridge connected. restarted and it installed pci to pci bridge but then got BSOD After restart i didnt get bsod but it didnt installed pci to pci bridge again and can't see 2 videocards on hardware manager.
The second card isn't powered?
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubble View Post
The second card isn't powered?
No, but on my motherboard manual it says 2 seperate 6pin on both cards doesnt that mean 1 on each card?
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by signex View Post
No, but on my motherboard manual it says 2 seperate 6pin on both cards doesnt that mean 1 on each card?
That means that both have to be powered by two 6-pins on each card so you would need a total of four 6-pins two for each card.
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › OCZ StealthXStream II 700W and xfx 6870BE crossfire