Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Y] Game of the Year 2010
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Y] Game of the Year 2010 - Page 16  

post #151 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantoddd View Post
FO:NV was great but it was too much of a FO:3 clone
Only in terms of graphics and some of the gameplay. Many of the RPG elements were vastly different, and much better might I add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasha1234 View Post
Fallout NV was a fail.
Your opinion, but a least give us a reason. Many of us thoroughly enjoyed it. Although I would have loved it a lot more if it were not for all those darned bugs.
Edited by MoleMania - 12/28/10 at 4:03am
post #152 of 173
Minecraft.........? COMPLETELY new idea and concept, never done before like that but yet 'its worse than some dancing game'
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 Dell S2817Q 4K Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 Dell S2817Q 4K Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
post #153 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleMania View Post
Only in terms of graphics and some of the gameplay. Many of the RPG elements were vastly different, and much better might I add.



Your opinion, but a least give us a reason. Many of us thoroughly enjoyed it. Although I would have loved it a lot more if it were not for all those darned bugs.

Like you'v sad ; bugs. I will add it ; story . I'v expected a big thing, but it came out like all other F3 DLC's like ; The Pitt, Point Lookout..

nothing new.. nothin' special. We have to admit ; it's like a big dlc.
Edited by Pasha1234 - 12/28/10 at 5:46pm
Fixed
(13 items)
 
  
Fixed
(13 items)
 
  
post #154 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealex132 View Post
Minecraft.........? COMPLETELY new idea and concept, never done before like that but yet 'its worse than some dancing game'
Well, a "completely new" idea that was directly copied from Infiniminer.
Micro Dance
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k z97i-plus EVGA GTX980 SC 16GB Team Xtreme 2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
512GB Samsung SSD 830 NH-L12 Windows 10 EVGA Hadron Air 
  hide details  
Micro Dance
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k z97i-plus EVGA GTX980 SC 16GB Team Xtreme 2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
512GB Samsung SSD 830 NH-L12 Windows 10 EVGA Hadron Air 
  hide details  
post #155 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantoddd View Post
Halo as a series has not done anything since 2001, and even in 2001 it was behind the curve.
Oh really? Since 2001 every console game has had replay features, screenshots, online stat database, frequent free DLC, heavy developer involvement, the ability to render HD wmv video files of gameplay with the touch of a single button and then share them with friends, automated matchmaking system, involvement with player-made match-making playlists like MLG and other fun ones like Golf, Hammer-Soccer, racing, & zombie slaughters (all player made console content), etc, etc.

You can hate Halo and I can hate Halo but even with that I can still list dozens of major things Halo does that no other console game ever has. That's why Halo is #1. Not because it's popular, not because it's kiddie, not because it has aliens, but because it does what no other ever has, it features nothing any other console game has.

Intelligent people can easily tell the difference between people like you (opinion-driven, ignore facts, often get emotional over topics/discussions), and people like me (fact-driven, search for new facts, check my emotions at the door when discussing video games).

Name one game that has paved more ground for future console games than Halo 3/ODST/Reach in 2010. Once you have named your game, I will use a bulletin point system of facts and evidence to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt why you are wrong.

Have fun
post #156 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkyFan View Post
Oh really? Since 2001 every console game has had replay features, screenshots, online stat database, frequent free DLC, heavy developer involvement, the ability to render HD wmv video files of gameplay with the touch of a single button and then share them with friends, automated matchmaking system, involvement with player-made match-making playlists like MLG and other fun ones like Golf, Hammer-Soccer, racing, & zombie slaughters (all player made console content), etc, etc.

You can hate Halo and I can hate Halo but even with that I can still list dozens of major things Halo does that no other console game ever has. That's why Halo is #1. Not because it's popular, not because it's kiddie, not because it has aliens, but because it does what no other ever has, it features nothing any other console game has.

Intelligent people can easily tell the difference between people like you (opinion-driven, ignore facts, often get emotional over topics/discussions), and people like me (fact-driven, search for new facts, check my emotions at the door when discussing video games).

Name one game that has paved more ground for future console games than Halo 3/ODST/Reach in 2010. Once you have named your game, I will use a bulletin point system of facts and evidence to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt why you are wrong.

Have fun
Lol, all those features you've listed have been around for quite some time before halo picked it up. just because they were imported wholesale to the console doesn't make halo anything special. But the best game shouldn't be about screen shots and other jargon, it should be about gaming. unless you think the future of game is about text messaging in the middle of the game. What has halo offered in terms of actually playing the game.

And what's with all this talk about your purported intelligence. it's sound an awful lot like you're compensating for something, or the lack of there in
Edited by dantoddd - 12/29/10 at 12:21pm
post #157 of 173
so wait..your telling me that...

BO made it to the list? so apparently reskinning an old game, destroying it some how and ruining the engine and then later fixing it is worthy of a top? maybe in sales sure but thats because people were stupid enough to think it was going to be anything different then MW2....

LOL at WOW making the list as high as it did...surprise there....11 million people playing and a new expansion comes out so of course they will buy it....and defend it when its the not anything AMAZING OMG LAZER PEW PEW BEST NEWEST THINGEVER.....fail


Starcraft 2 at 14? you can tell already this is based on sales and nothing else. Starcraft 2 is a much better game then people give it credit for, and it has been long awaited so to have a yearly soccer game, a dance game and wow be ranked over it is garbage

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at Halo:Reach im not surprised. of course this game would be number 1 and why? becuase ladies and gentlemen this is the PRIME example of overhyped. Microsoft makes it out to be this incredible new age, nothing has ever been seen before game and the commercials and money they dumped into it just shows that...oh that game comes out....and hey look....nobody cares because it was really infact...not as good as people hyped it to be. This is what happens when you live in a consul based video game society...people get use to garbage and then everything is based on sales and hype. its sad

BC2 / BC2 Vietnam are two great games that should have made the list...but no, its based on hype....oh well sorry EA you didnt invest millions into live action trailers and 5 minute cinematics that look like they were taken out of a michael bay movie...maybe next time

end rant/
Hexamonster
(14 items)
 
MSI TITAN GT80
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom 2 1075t ASRock 990FX Extreme3  Sapphire 6950 Dirt3 Edition  MSI 6950  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
8Gig G.Skill Sniper 1333 Western Digital Raptor Samsung DVD+RW Windows 7 (64)/Windows 8 Consumer 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G245HQABD 23.6" LCD Monitor  Logitech k360 Antec 1000W NZXT Phanton Green/Black Edition 
Mouse
CAT 7 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4720 SLI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M  Raid SSD 128gig Hard Drives 1tb Backup Drive 
Optical Drive
Bluray Drive 
  hide details  
Hexamonster
(14 items)
 
MSI TITAN GT80
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom 2 1075t ASRock 990FX Extreme3  Sapphire 6950 Dirt3 Edition  MSI 6950  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
8Gig G.Skill Sniper 1333 Western Digital Raptor Samsung DVD+RW Windows 7 (64)/Windows 8 Consumer 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G245HQABD 23.6" LCD Monitor  Logitech k360 Antec 1000W NZXT Phanton Green/Black Edition 
Mouse
CAT 7 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4720 SLI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M  Raid SSD 128gig Hard Drives 1tb Backup Drive 
Optical Drive
Bluray Drive 
  hide details  
post #158 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantoddd View Post
Lol, all those features you've listed have been around for quite some time before halo picked it up. just because they were imported wholesale to the console doesn't make halo anything special. But the best game shouldn't be about screen shots and other jargon, it should be about gaming. unless you think the future of game is about text messaging in the middle of the game. What has halo offered in terms of actually playing the game.

And what's with all this talk about your purported intelligence. it's sound an awful lot like you're compensating for something, or the lack of there in
Yup. Which is why a critics opinion is useless. Halo is a garbage run and gun with a really good story and a pretty awesome main character. There has been little to no change in terms of gameplay since the first which is the problem with it "earning" the #1 spot. If you want to make a list in terms of sales and popularity then sure but to put Halo at #1 game of the year is absolutely rediculous. Its been recycled for years and adding a jetpack isnt going to hide that. Unlike a lot of Halo haters I have played and beat everyone of them except ODST. The games are mediocre at best. Thats the opinion of a "gamer" (I hate titles but its necessary) AKA the only opinion that matter.

So, @corkyfan. Take your nose out of the sky cause I wouldnt want you to get a nosebleed and remember to put your pinky down when you drink your beverage.
Edited by DeckerDontPlay - 12/30/10 at 3:04pm
Brain Scorcher
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4 jigga-watts ASUS Rampage II Gigabyte 6970 2gb 3x 2GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Nova 32gb Win7 64bit 24 inch Filco Majestouch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OwlTech 1000w Coolermaster HAF 932 Intellimouse 1.1a Xtrac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Brain Scorcher
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4 jigga-watts ASUS Rampage II Gigabyte 6970 2gb 3x 2GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Nova 32gb Win7 64bit 24 inch Filco Majestouch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OwlTech 1000w Coolermaster HAF 932 Intellimouse 1.1a Xtrac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
post #159 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post
Wow, Dance Central hate galore.
I dont think you can call that hate its people trying to understand how other games that are obviously better titles aren't ranked higher - WoW:C was only there because of the MASSIVE player base it already has, that doesn't make it a better game this year, just the most played perhaps.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post
i can even pop-lock a little bit now.
Quit hating just because you guys are out of shape, uncoordinated and have no rhythm.
just because you play a dance game doesn't make you a better dancer thats like saying playing Gran Turismo makes me a better driver but 100% sure at 300KM i would stack a Skyline GTR when i tried to take a corner while using a handbrake....

i would say this is full of irony but i doubt you would understand why....
post #160 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
Bad Company 2 should be number 1. Heavy Rain 2. Then I don't car ewhat comes after that... except Black Ops shouldn't even be on the list.
HEAVY RAIN is one of the best games i've played - to begin with the controls were annoying but once i got past that and the story just grabbed me, this would make an awesome film even if they just did it as a CGI like Resident Evil: Degeneration
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Y] Game of the Year 2010