Originally Posted by JE Nightmare
First problem, you're ordering from frozen. they're by far one of the most expensive places to order from. Second, you picked out 15 feet of tubing, WAY to much. If you want to save money, shop at somewhere like ppc, get a cheaper block, cheaper pump, less expensive and flashy res, half the amount of tubing, and shop around for different / cheaper mobo and gpu block.
oh and you're missing fans.
I would agree. 1st thing I did was take a double take at the prices. Anyway, here's where I see you can save quite a bit of cash:
1. The EK Supreme is a good block. You can find cheaper, similar performing cpu blocks (XSPC rasa) for half the cash.
2. You can buy the mcp655 vari for half of that price because you don't need the conversion
3. If you're in love with that res, so be it, but 129.95 for a reservoir? Jeez.
4. Rad is fine
5. 15 ft is too much as the others have said, but it's the cheapest thing on the list. I always like to have more than I need because I experiment alot.
6. 6.99 for a silvercoil is ridiculous. 3.89 at koolertek. I know it's 3 bucks, but to charge almost 100% more?
7. Compressions are fine. You can find them cheaper, but they're in the ballpark.
8. IMO, and others may argue, the LE chipset block is a total waste of money. I've owned two of these boards on heavily oc'ed 980's and never had a problem with chipset heat. Save yourself the 157.85.
9. The DangerDen 480 block is crazy expensive and it's not going to provide you with a noticeable difference in temps. The EK or XSPC are well worth the lower costs (~$110).
According to my calcs, you can save (40,50,3,158,75) for a total of $326 off those listed prices (you do need to add 3 fans though).
Shop around, and don't be afraid to order from multiple locations (koolertek, sidewinder, ppcs, etc).